5.0 out of 5 stars good looking beast of a watch.
Great looking watch. I love that you can adjust it yourself with just a small screwdriver. The flame fusion crystal is nice because it shines bright in the light with a slight blueish tinge, although you would never know that by looking at the pictures here. The watch really sparkles under the light.
The two small problems I have with the watch- it has a tachymeter...
Published on March 19, 2010 by R. Cole

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch, fairly priced
Published on September 12, 2010 by Marcus Q. Harmon

5.0 out of 5 stars good looking beast of a watch., March 19, 2010
This review is from: Invicta Men's 6713 Sea Spider Collection Chronograph Black Ion-Plated Watch (Watch)
The two small problems I have with the watch- it has a tachymeter measurement around the outside, I have no idea what that is, and second, the band is rubberish and squeaks sometimes when it rubs against itself. But overall, a very nice, affordable, watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch, fairly priced, September 12, 2010
I bought this watch as a gift for a friend. The watch keeps good time and looks nice. It also keeps out water well and can be worn in the pool or shower. The band was rubbish and was replaced after a month due to poor construction and material. The price of $120 was fair. According to its list price of $795, well, that's just crazy. It's a good $100 watch, and I find saying it's a $795 watch is dishonest. A real $750 watch would have better crystal, much better workmanship, better movement, and a name like Tissot, Tag, Ball, or Fortis. I just don't want a buyer to be mislead thinking they're buying a high end watch when this is, in fact, a cheap, low-end watch with a value of about $120.00. Understand this the buyer would not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, May 12, 2011
Bottom line...very nice watch, well made, heavy and at a great price. Highly recommended.

1.) The pictures are a bit misleading. They show a very black watch face, when in reality it has hues of navy blue and brown in the face, with gold and white numbers and hands. Depending upon the angle it's viewed, it can be any combination. It actually adds some elegance to the watch, and although not what I expected, I do like it.

2.) The band is very nice. If you have smaller wrists, this band is for you, because of the bracelet style closure, which prevents the watch from turning on the wrist. Typing on a computer, you may have a little bit of a pinch on the underside of the closure.

3.) Luminesence: Other pictures posted show a very bright vewing of the watch face in dark conditions. I do not find them bright at all. Another picture showed what appeared to be a backlight function, which doesn't exist on this watch.

Overall, I don't think the views of the watch were true to life, but it is still a very attractive watch, and I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Chrono--Great Illumination!, May 25, 2011
I received this Black Sea Spider yesterday and was floored by how bold the design is. I was looking for a cool, easy to read Chronometer/Tachymeter that could be worn as a Daily Casual watch. This 6713 fits the bill. It is big (Case 50mm) but the weight isn't too bad and the special rubber linked band helps with that, too. I adjusted the band length myself with small screwdrivers. I think you are supposed to remove the smaller screws, but it was just easier for me to remove the larger shiny ones! The nighttime viewing is good---Keeping in mind that the watch face gets a good daytime charge first. I wore it in the sun a couple of hours this morning and went to a movie wearing it this afternoon. All the markers were clearly visible and bright! I'm very happy about that, because some of my other Invicta watches have useless illumination.

Whereas the Quartz movement is Swiss, and some of the other parts and components ARE Swiss, I think this watch is one of the Invicta models assembled in China. If that doesn't bother you--(Keep in mind, MANY big-name watch companies are doing this to keep costs down) I'd say this is a GREAT WATCH for the money. I picked it up at an online retailer for $89.00!!! There are deals to be found on this watch so be sure to look around. I hope it will hold up over time---I own 5 other Invicta watches and they are all still looking great and keeping perfect time. (Some after 8 years.) This watch definitely has a High Quality feel and look to it. I plan to use it for sports and casual wear, but it would also look pretty sweet with a suit and tie!

I own two Invicta Reserve watches with the black Ion-plated Stainless Steel. It is a pretty durable finish but not as much so as Ceramic. If you bash or gouge this material it will show the bright stainless underneath, so be kinda careful! The 6713 isn't a "Reserve" Invicta model, but with it's generous size and lower price--it is a really nice cost-effective alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars the greatest watch i have ever purchased, February 16, 2013
i was kinda skeptical and thought about returning it when I first bought it because I couldn't find a retailer to remove 3 links for it to fit my wrist but after I did get the links taken out I loved it I am very very impressed and pleased from the band to the dials and controls and not to mention its the most comfortable watch I have ever worn well worth the price rather than me buying an over priced designer watch such as rolex audamar etc etc that would possibly not be anywhere near as durable and stylish as invictica but I will gladly purchase another one if I ever wanted excellent craftsmanship in another time piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, amazing purchase., March 29, 2011
My order arrived on the exact date at the exact time it was estimated to. The watch is amazing, such a great price for this beautiful watch. I love everything about the watch and the amazon service. The watch is actually even nicer than it looks in pictures, its pretty heavy. If you like BIG watches this will be a great purchase for you. Amazon made me happy once again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a great product!, February 17, 2013
Its a great watch. The only problem thats is difficult to adjust the wrist band.
But considering the machine, its a great product

5.0 out of 5 stars The watch for big wrists, February 12, 2013
I like the size and color of this watch. The number are big enough to see without my glasses. The wristband is rubber with a safety clasp which makes the watch lighter. And the quality and design is both functional and dressy. I own several Invicta watches

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It, January 30, 2013
I'm a 6 ' 4" guy with long arms and I literally LOVE this time piece. Most watches are too small for me but this one is perfect. I did take it to my jeweler to have a few links removed and its perfect.

I call it that versus a " watch" because it s just that. It s like a piece of art. I now have 3 I Invicta watches and maybe 20 watches total. I stopped wearing the other watches. I'm considering donating them. This piece is a heavy weight that I love. Any other piece going forward has to meet up the standards of this piece.

Not to mention all the compliments I get when I wear this piece!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, but limited uses, October 15, 2012
I have had this watch for about a month now and have had no major problems with it. Other people who have reviewed this watch say that you can adjust it yourself with small screwdrivers. This is not the cases. The nature of the rubber band makes it very difficult to push the screws through and back in again without a specifically designed watch adjustment kit. The watch has a large face, which fits my wrist well,band is easy to read, but it is very, very heavy. For this reason the watch can really only be used for casual everyday wear i.e. walking around town, going to the movies. Running and other athletic activities can make this watch very uncomfortable. The rubber does help somewhat though. Other than that small complaint, this is a good quality time piece unlike some other Invicta watches. Its keeps time very well and has only gained about 3 seconds since I started using it. The crystal has a very nice blue tinge to it and is very reflective. I have received many compliments about it and am happy with my purchase. I also got a great deal on it thanks to Amazon.