Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 6713 Sea Spider Collection Chronograph Black Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 25, 2011
I received this Black Sea Spider yesterday and was floored by how bold the design is. I was looking for a cool, easy to read Chronometer/Tachymeter that could be worn as a Daily Casual watch. This 6713 fits the bill. It is big (Case 50mm) but the weight isn't too bad and the special rubber linked band helps with that, too. I adjusted the band length myself with small screwdrivers. I think you are supposed to remove the smaller screws, but it was just easier for me to remove the larger shiny ones! The nighttime viewing is good---Keeping in mind that the watch face gets a good daytime charge first. I wore it in the sun a couple of hours this morning and went to a movie wearing it this afternoon. All the markers were clearly visible and bright! I'm very happy about that, because some of my other Invicta watches have useless illumination.

Whereas the Quartz movement is Swiss, and some of the other parts and components ARE Swiss, I think this watch is one of the Invicta models assembled in China. If that doesn't bother you--(Keep in mind, MANY big-name watch companies are doing this to keep costs down) I'd say this is a GREAT WATCH for the money. I picked it up at an online retailer for $89.00!!! There are deals to be found on this watch so be sure to look around. I hope it will hold up over time---I own 5 other Invicta watches and they are all still looking great and keeping perfect time. (Some after 8 years.) This watch definitely has a High Quality feel and look to it. I plan to use it for sports and casual wear, but it would also look pretty sweet with a suit and tie!

I own two Invicta Reserve watches with the black Ion-plated Stainless Steel. It is a pretty durable finish but not as much so as Ceramic. If you bash or gouge this material it will show the bright stainless underneath, so be kinda careful! The 6713 isn't a "Reserve" Invicta model, but with it's generous size and lower price--it is a really nice cost-effective alternative.
review image review image review image
on May 12, 2011
Bottom line...very nice watch, well made, heavy and at a great price. Highly recommended.

1.) The pictures are a bit misleading. They show a very black watch face, when in reality it has hues of navy blue and brown in the face, with gold and white numbers and hands. Depending upon the angle it's viewed, it can be any combination. It actually adds some elegance to the watch, and although not what I expected, I do like it.

2.) The band is very nice. If you have smaller wrists, this band is for you, because of the bracelet style closure, which prevents the watch from turning on the wrist. Typing on a computer, you may have a little bit of a pinch on the underside of the closure.

3.) Luminesence: Other pictures posted show a very bright vewing of the watch face in dark conditions. I do not find them bright at all. Another picture showed what appeared to be a backlight function, which doesn't exist on this watch.

Overall, I don't think the views of the watch were true to life, but it is still a very attractive watch, and I am very pleased with it.
on September 12, 2010
I bought this watch as a gift for a friend. The watch keeps good time and looks nice. It also keeps out water well and can be worn in the pool or shower. The band was rubbish and was replaced after a month due to poor construction and material. The price of $120 was fair. According to its list price of $795, well, that's just crazy. It's a good $100 watch, and I find saying it's a $795 watch is dishonest. A real $750 watch would have better crystal, much better workmanship, better movement, and a name like Tissot, Tag, Ball, or Fortis. I just don't want a buyer to be mislead thinking they're buying a high end watch when this is, in fact, a cheap, low-end watch with a value of about $120.00. Understand this the buyer would not be disappointed.
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2010
Great looking watch. I love that you can adjust it yourself with just a small screwdriver. The flame fusion crystal is nice because it shines bright in the light with a slight blueish tinge, although you would never know that by looking at the pictures here. The watch really sparkles under the light.
The two small problems I have with the watch- it has a tachymeter measurement around the outside, I have no idea what that is, and second, the band is rubberish and squeaks sometimes when it rubs against itself. But overall, a very nice, affordable, watch.
on December 7, 2015
I ordered on 12/4 and received on 12/7 as a prime member. The watch comes in a heavy padded gift box inside a thin cardboard box. The display picture accurately displays the product but like other comments it's definitely much nicer in person. This is my first Invicta purchase and most likely won't be my last. Price to quality and looks are a good buy. I saved $22 buying on cyber week. I purchased a made in China watch repair kit with this because I needed to replace some batteries on other watches and glad I did. I needed to remove 3 links and the kit came in very handy to accomplish that.
on August 11, 2015
Smart looking watch with a unique band and an excellent build quality. Excellent for business or casual. Would highly recommend !!!
review image review image review image
on March 14, 2016
Great looking watch...Hope the battery last longer than my 1st. Invicta watch...Remember to replace the battery when then watch dies, I waited too long and had to spend an additional $100.00 to replace the movement section. Battery leaked, expensive repair when needed...
on February 20, 2016
This watch looks wonderful on my husband. He is a bigger guy and looks really good on him. It's not to big, but big enough for his size. It had to adjust the watch band size. They really do make the watch band size very large.
on August 20, 2015
So far I like this watch. I set the time and it has kept great time for me. I wish I would have ordered two more for my wedding party when they were on the discounted price. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I had some issues keeping the pin in after taking a link out.
on December 29, 2013
For $100 or so, this is really a nice watch, as others here have noted. I like the mix of features, it keeps good time, fits reasonably well, is durable, has withstood a fair amount of abuse, and still looks good. However, it is really much too heavy of a watch - at least for me: a reasonably active averaged sized male in his 50's, especially when engaging in activities that require a lot of arm movement (running, yard work, etc.). I've taken to simply not wearing the watch when doing such things to avoid bruising or abrasion of the skin on my wrist. It is also so large that it can be a problem when wearing jackets or long sleeve shorts, depending on the cut of the cuffs.

So, in summary - a good watch for the office or dressing up, and non vigorous outdoor activities, but not one I put on without carefully considering what I'll be doing while wearing it.