5.0 out of 5 stars A Homerun For Invicta
Published on February 2, 2011 by Blumbeck

2.0 out of 5 stars Knockoff and deceptive advertising
Published on January 14, 2012 by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars A Homerun For Invicta, February 2, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 6996 Pro Diver Collection GMT Black Dial Sport Watch (Watch)
What can I say? The teams at 'Invicta' (Both design and construction) Knocked this one out of the Ball park. First off this watch is a big one and a little on the hefty side. So if you are a small person you are not going to be happy with this watch, Nor will you be happy if you think this watch will go well with a business suit or a 'Tux', It wont. But, if you are like most other people and find yourself dressed 'Casual' most of the time, this watch can be a very good addition. It is a Great looking watch (Black on Black) The markings on the bezel are silver as are SOME on the face. Other markings Such as the hands are highlited in an 'offwhite'.
The Fourth hand runs on a 24 hour inner dial (This is a GMT watch) and can be set for GMT or any other time zone. or if you are into military time you can use it for THAT purpose. The Crystal is a bit of a curiosity in as much as the specs at 'Amazon' mention it is constructed of 'Mineral' and overlooks the fact the Crystal also seems to be a 'Coated Optic' (either Anti-glare or Anti-halation coating) This would be done to help reduce internal reflections and thus make the watch easier to read in harsh lighting conditions (those who have purchased this watch can check this out by mearly allowing light to reflect off the crystal. in doing so you will note a somewhat 'Blue' tint to the reflection. That would be caused mostlikely by a coating on the Crystal) A nice touch.
As a note and not to take away from this watch. Invicta chose not to use Tritnite (Thats the stuff which glows in the dark) on this model. But really the only watch I own which can be read in the dark anyway is my 'Russian Diver mod4342' and thats only because the numbers are BIG and GLOW. So I do not think this is a disadvantage to the watch. I mention it only because of all the Invicta watches I own This is the only one which lacks this feature and I just know some one is going to get pissed about it. So you are forewarned.
In closing This is a Excellent Watch at a very fair price ($125.00 at Amazon)
And I would not hesitate to recommend this watch to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels solidly built, excellent style, March 23, 2011
Let me start off my by saying that I am not a watch snob in such a way that I only wear Rolex or Seiko and/or automatic movement watches. Along those same lines, I cannot honestly comment on the built-quality, movement class, or longevity of this piece. What I can offer, though, is a casual watch collector's immediate reactionary opinions based on a couple of days' wearing of this watch.

I knew going into this purchase that Invicta does come with a negative stigma among watch collectors for being a 'style over substance' brand. That said, I do pride myself on style, and the style of this piece is what grabbed my attention. My current (small) collection consists of an Akribos XXIV Spacely, a Phillippe Starck Sateltium, and now this Invicta 6996. Let me first say that at a purchase price of $100.39, I feel that this watch is a great value.

This watch is HUGE. Know that going in. It feels like it's built like a rock. The weight of this beast definitely feels like a brick strapped to your wrist. That said it is an awesome, manly, stylish watch. Out of the box, the strap is thick and stiff. I'll have to wait and see if it loosens up a little bit with use. I purchased this to be my daily wearer watch, and as such I wanted something sporty that can go in the pool and withstand athletic activities (hence the choice of the polyurethane bane over the stainless bracelet). This watch definitely fits that bill.

This watch is definitely not for everyone. It is big, it is heavy, and it commands attention. I think that large Invicta watches similar to this one with loud colors on the face or band may be too much. This one works because of the understated color scheme, but quite honestly is loud enough with its commanding size. I think that this particular model is the perfect balance of utility, style, and attention-grabbing charisma.

I am somewhat shallow in that I love when people come up to me and say, "Cool watch!" I am confident, much like the other timepieces in my collection, that this one will get similar comments and attention.

2.0 out of 5 stars Knockoff and deceptive advertising, January 14, 2012
I wish Amazon would've been upfront and indicated in the description of this watch, that it is not "Swiss Made". I wouldn't have any problem if they would disclosed the differences, because how else can you get a watch with a MSRP of almost $700 for a mere $100 bucks, right? The watch is not bad quality but I can't say for sure because I can't compare to the Swiss Made version and these differences are external, who knows what's inside...right?

Here are some of the cosmetic differences from the watch advertised/pictured here: The watch advertised has clearly the word "Swiss" on the dial, mine doesn't. The watch is supposed to have luminous indicators for glow-in-the-dark, I think Invicta's version is called "Tritnite". Well, I tried leaving the watch on sunlight for hours to see if it would activate it and nothing. So forget about telling time in darkness. The watch pictured has screws on the side of the band, this one doesn't. The back of the watch I got says "Swiss parts movement", the advertised on the photo clearly reads "Swiss". I wish that somebody in Amazon reads this and corrects this deceptive practice, because now I have to return the watch and hope that the next one I order is as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars handsome watch, February 10, 2012
I like the strong look, weight, and quality of the watch. My only dissapointment is the dial and hands say "luminous" and after a 4 hr exposure to direct light it should glow in the dark, accordling to the Invicta manual. After calling the company they say it was a mistake in print on this piece, as I had the watch in direct sunlight for five hours and it doesn't read in the dark. Unfortunate if you are looking to depend on this "luminous" feature in water, or it's dark and trying to read the time. It still has "luminous" in the product descpription on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, July 15, 2013
great watch. Its everything you want in a watch.The watch is a little heavy. The watch has style and class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!!!, July 6, 2013
I purchased this for my husband for work and he loves it!!! Great buy! It's a sound watch and very sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, July 19, 2013
I bought this watch for my boyfriend for a very special event in his life. I was a little nervous because of how cheap the price is. I ordered it and it was here the very next day!! I was shocked!! I opened the box and the sight of this watch took my breath away. I could not believe how beautiful it is! The picture truly dos not do it any justice. I was so excited I couldn't wait. I had to give it to him early. I have bought him watches in the past that he has liked but nothing compared to the reaction when he opened this one. He was so excited and couldn't believe it either. He has been wanting a watch that he can wear every day with anything and this is it!!! He is a bigger man so a lot of watches look funny on his wrist. This watch is extremely large but looks wonderful on him. He says it is very comfortable to wear and has already received many compliments on it. The picture makes it look kind of dull and it is not at all dull. It is shiny and beautiful. I am so glad I made this purchase and so is he!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, August 4, 2013
This is an exceptional product! I swim wearing it with no concern. It is extremely comfortable, stylish and affordable. Researched and compared prices for similar products. The watch was head and shoulders above others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 17, 2013
CONSTANCE B JOHNSON "con" (RALEIGH, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I gave this to my husband for Father's Day. He loves it. After reading the reviews I felt very comfortable buying this sight unseen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, May 22, 2013
Beautiful watch, very good, recommend, very good stuff, and besides, the price is great, leaves nothing to be desired in other models;

Rate and Discover Movies