Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on November 5, 2014
4.5 stars actually. This watch is as advertised. It has that Breitling look which is what I was going for. I agree with other reviews on the band being stiff. Personally I like that! Haven't had it long enough to see how the functions are but the stop watch is a little confusing. (didn't buy it for that anyway!). This watch looks much better that the photo's and photo's looked great. If you are looking for a Classy style watch, this is it. I am considering purchasing one with a brown leather band.
review image
on January 9, 2011
I had doubts about this watch, I even tried to cancel the order but it was too late, but boy am I ever happy! I received the watch on time, and it looks classy and very expensive. I was worried it might be too big, it fits perfect for my wrist and I am not a big guy.. I highly recommend this watch if you are looking for a casual/dress watch.
on December 7, 2015
I'm ashamed to say that I almost did not want to post my EXTREMELY POSITIVE review of this watch because I figured if there are too many good reviews then everyone will want one and then I won't look so special and unique anymore! Hehehe. I LOVE watches with roman numeral faces and I was browsing for a long time until I stumbled upon this gem. I am a very picky person when it comes to the right blend of colours and shapes, but this has a perfect blend of black and gold with a face size that's not obnoxiously large. This watch is a piece of art. I got compliments at the office on the first day and I had everyone thinking I spent a paycheck to afford this. In terms of looks to price ratio, this is at the top end of the spectrum! Originally wanted to get this as a daily watch but looking at it carefully when it arrived, it is too perfect for such a thing. Everyone has their preference so it's ok if this watch is not your thing but please look at my pics and make a decision! Even if you aren't gonna buy this for yourself, I'd recommend it as a Christmas gift for sure.
on March 31, 2011
If you are interested on this watch... BUY IT!!!
This watch is great, beatiful, elegant, serious... I have to say that the first time I wore it and went to my office, nobody could avoid looking at it. It is just awesome. Don't think it twice, it's an excellent price for such a wonderful watch.
on September 4, 2013
I got this wristwatch for my then boyfriend (now husband). The picture did not do this watch justice. It is exquisite. My husband loves it and everyone has been asking him where he got it. It looks more expensive than its price. I would recommend this watch for anyone who wants a good-looking quality wrist watch at an affordable price.
on February 6, 2015
I have many INVICTA watches in my collection at this point; however this newly acquired MEN'S 90242-003 CHRONOGRAPH BLACK DIAL BLACK LEATHER WATCH is now one of my two favorites(the other favorite has a stainless steel band)! This watch is CLEAN, ELEGANT, STRAIGHTFORWARD, I MEAN BORDERLINE SEXY... The gold is nicely done and has a high polish too it with an excellent refraction of light too it(not too much not too little but juuuust right). The case, crowns, and hands are all of high quality high grade steel and give the watch a perfect weight. The black leather band finishes it off subtly but absolutely MAKES the watch. EACH AND EVERY TIME I've worn this watch I receive compliments on it from both men and women. It's a SEXY, CLASSY, GENTLEMAN'S WATCH and will not only NOT DISAPPOINT anyone but WILL DEFINITELY IMPRESS anyone. Buy this thing right now I promise it's worth every penny of the paltry $75 bucks you'll spend to look like a million!
on March 12, 2015
This is clearly a fake. About 1/3rd the weight of the Invicta I had before. Plus, warrantee card is copied from a copy from a copy from an original somewhere.

Stay AWAY!!!!!!

P.S. As a previous reviewer cleverly pointed out. The correct symbol for Roman Numeral #4 is "IV", not "IIII". Also, it did not come in the usual yellow Invicta box.

Quack, quack, quack . . . It's a FAKE duck!
on June 11, 2013
I just received my new watch in the mail. It was well packaged and clean. However, I also experienced a problem with the leather strap or watch band. It seems to be too stiff, and too small , to fit this particular watch. I will probably end up purchasing another watch band, to better fit my larger wrist. The watch was also a lot lighter than I had first imagined. Overall, it was a good deal for under $100.00
on August 7, 2015
It's a great looking watch but the band is junk. After only 6 months it's got noticeable wear marks on the outside of it and it often rubs my skin raw underneath. I've never had a problem from a watchband EVER before this one
on May 1, 2014
Gold and black just seem to go together -- like movies and popcorn. They truly compliment one another. The two-tier, lightly-textured chronograph face is an extremely well-designed feature on this Invicta. With the "winged" emblem at 12 o'clock, this watch could fairly easily be mistaken by an onlooker for a Breitling costing thousands more. No accident I presume, and something that most likely doesn't sit real well with Breitling. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.", but that doesn't usually cut it in such a highly competitive market as this.

Echoing what others have said, the leather band is thick, relatively stiff and on the short side. I'm small boned, and the band isn't any too long for me. To be precise -- there were only two holes remaining that I could have used to increase the band's circumference. I usually have at least three or four holes left over. I have my doubts this watch will fit a large-boned adult male. After first trying to put the watch on without limbering up the band, I was fairly certain the pin would either pop out, bend or break. I flexed the band back and forth a half-dozen times every half-inch or so. This seemed to do the trick, but it was still tougher than usual to get on. If the leather is true to form, it should get a little easier every time I put it on.

An additional shortcoming of this watch is the fact that the second-hand never lines up properly with the indices. Granted, I am asking too much of a sub $2,000 watch, or so it would seem. High end watch makers pride themselves on the second hand lining up with every single indice during every single trip around the face. Consumers who plunk down the big bucks for high end time pieces expect nothing less. It is one of the features they specifically look for, as it epitomizes ultra-precision watch making that true connoisseurs covet and are quite willing to pay for.

I own several Invictas. They seem to be quite well made, but I've only owned them for a couple of years in most cases, so I don't know if they will withstand the test of time. If they function as good as they look, and as good as Invicta brags them up to be, then what gives with the industry-puny one-year warranty?!? Not particularly inspiring. Neither are the "free" repairs under warranty that cost $20.00 a pop to cover their shipping & handling charges to return the repaired watch back to you (gouging comes to mind), which is of course on top of whatever it cost you to package it up and ship it to them in the first place.

I am not a big fan of the marketing gimmick employed by the likes of Invicta and Swiss Legend (which I have good reason to believe both come out of the same watch hatchery in Florida), whereby they set the MSRP 10 to 20 times higher than the intended asking price. If P.T. Barnum was right -- and as of MMVIII I no longer have any reason whatsoever to doubt him -- then I suppose the ruse pays off for them in the long run. Method to their madness, as it were.

I own half-a-dozen Swiss Legend watches. I won't be adding to their number. Like the Invicta brand, they are big, heavy and quite striking looking. However, the Legends have a very serious flaw. I refer to the STEM -- very possibly the single most important part of a watch. I am a watch collector, and have been for many years. I tell you this only to call attention to the fact that I know how to handle watches. On my first two Swiss Legends, the entire stem came all the way out of the watch while I was simply pulling on the crown to get it into the proper position to adjust the time and/or the date. This had NEVER happened to me even once, must less twice, in the 25 years I had been collecting watches prior to these minor tragedies. I figured the first time was a complete fluke, so I probably wasn't as nimble or dainty as I should have been on the second one. Needless to say, whenever I need to adjust the time/date on any of my remaining four Legends, I handle them like I would a winning 300 million dollar lottery ticket.

FYI: I was able to successfully push the stem back in on the second watch, but it requires a pair of tweezers to do any kind of adjusting. I didn't bother to turn either watch in for repair even though they were still under warranty because it happened very early on in both cases. I simply didn't want to deal with all the hassle and the "free" fees.

If anyone else has experienced this issue with a Swiss Legend, I would very much like to hear from you.

Have a great day!