5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch! The true 8826 with Swiss Quartz movement
I can not believe I am the first person rating this amazing watch. I have been doing some research on Invicta watches, and finally decided that I was not ready for an automatic watch. If that is your case you have to buy this watch.

Published on February 22, 2007 by R. Vazquez

3.0 out of 5 stars Invicta should tighten their quality control process
After searching amazon for a full two weeks and comparing so many models I finally decided on this watch. The watch came in good time as well.

The following are some of the good things about this watch:
1. It's price - It was well under $100 with the 20% off Amazon deal.
2. Swiss movement - Instead of the cheaper japanese movt, this one commands...
Published on June 5, 2008 by Sulphurburns

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch! The true 8826 with Swiss Quartz movement, February 22, 2007

THIS IS the same Invicta 8926 but in quartz, and it is a true Swiss watch (no Japanese movement inside). I saw some reviews on the 8932, and people complaining that it was smaller. That is correct. The 8932 is a smaller watch. The right Quartz equivalent to the popular 8926 is this watch, the 9307. This is 43 mm.

For those who are starting to look around, I can highly recommend it. This is very strong built watch, but light enough to feel very comfortable. It has great looks. It has the right size too, not too big, not small either. It is just such a classic diver watch for an affordable price, that you can barely believe it costs less than a $100. There is no other diver watch for this price around. It could easily cost more.

I will definetly recommend this watch and brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta 9307 vs 8926, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Invicta Men's 9307 Pro Diver Collection Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I just received the 9307 and I am very pleased with the watch. I was going to purchase the 8932 but after reading that the case is smaller than the 8926 I decided on this one. It looks virtually identical to the 8926 except for the case thickness and couple of very minor differences. The 9307 is slightly thinner due to the quartz movement vs the 8926's automatic movement. The only other difference that I could find was on the dial. The 9307 has "Swiss Movt" and "Quartz" on the dial while the 8926 has "Japan Movt" and "Automatic". The date number(font)is slightly thinner on the 9307. Of course the case back is stainless steel on the quartz model vs the 8926's exhibition caseback so you can see the automatic movement. Other than that, at half arm's distance, I can't tell the difference other than staring at the second hand to see which ticks (quartz) and which sweeps (automatic).

The watch is heavy and has a solid feel to it. I own several Invicta watches and have been very happy with them. The watch arrived in perfect condition with all the protective plastic wrapping on the watch. The band is long so customers with large wrists shouldn't have problem sizing it. I had to remove 4 links to fit my wrist (yeah, it's skinny).

I bought this quartz watch as a "pair" to the 8926. If you're not into making sure to wind up an automatic watch daily or wear the automatic watch daily, then this quartz model will fit the bill nicely.

I now own the following:

8926 Japan Automatic S/S (stainless steel)scalloped edge bezel
9307 Swiss Quarts S/S scalloped edge bezel
9310 Swiss Quartz S/S Gold scalloped edge bezel
9937 Swiss Automatic S/S coin-edge bezel (aka Rolex style)
9938 Swiss Automatic S/S Gold coin-edge bezel (aka Rolex style)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, Great Price, January 7, 2008
I recently purchased an Invicta 9307 (diver's watch) from Amazon and I will comment on 2 areas: The watch itself, and Amazon.com's handling of my order.

1. The Watch
I am extremely pleased with my Invicta 9307 diver's watch (Swiss quartz movement, non sweeping second's hand). The case and band have a quality feel and excellent finish without being too heavy. The crystal has lived up to my hectic schedule without a scratch. The luminescence of the hands and markers remains visible well into the early hours of the morning. The unidirectional bezel has a quality feel without being "wobbly" or feeling loose. The band is easily adjustable to fit any wrist and arrived with plenty of extra length (I easily removed 2 links to fit my wrist). I purchased the watch because of a co-worker who wears a Rolex Submariner that I like and when I place the watches side by side, the look and feel was amazingly similar. The only major difference is the Rolex has a coin bezel where the Invicta is beveled. The weight and feel of each is almost identical. Of course, the price is the biggest difference! I would highly recommend this watch to someone who needs a reliable time piece. On a side note, I have worn the watch with jeans and t-shirt and also in a suit and tie and it looks great either way..

2. Amazon.com's service
Over the past few months I have become a loyal customer of Amazon.com. I have orderd my watch and found a Movado for my wife (at half the price of the mall stores!) and received free shipping on both. Ordering is a breeze, shipping is fast and traceable, and information in the form of e-mails has been plentiful. I highly recommend Amazon for saving time and money on your next purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Invicta should tighten their quality control process, June 5, 2008

The following are some of the good things about this watch:
1. It's price - It was well under $100 with the 20% off Amazon deal.
2. Swiss movement - Instead of the cheaper japanese movt, this one commands respect among watch admirers in many amazon forums.
3. Quartz and not automatic - With so many complaints about Invicta on various forums about the quality of their automatic movement watches, I assume a quartz watch is a proven technology and cannot go wrong.
4. Solid bracelet - The bracelet is just awesome for most of the Invicta watches. This one's no exception.
5. Good looking dial - I really liked the dial and its solid look.
6. Case diameter - For me who was searching for something between mid-size and full-size, this came as a perfect size.

So, why just a 3 star rating and why I returned it the very next day to amazon?
1. The second hand was falling in between the markings. How can a watch maker's quality process miss so obvious a thing? Forget about your technology that's INSIDE the watch... The first thing that catches the eye is the dial and its contents.
2. The bezel markings and the dial markings were not aligned. Not that I am going to use it everyday and such an offset would upset my schedule. But still its so obvious a thing that hits on the face. With such a face, how can i trust what's inside.
3. This is so minute but irritating: One would expect the dial to be equally divided into 60 parts for the hands to move over. But at least one or two of the sections were larger and hence some other sections were smaller.
4. Yes, I was looking for a bigger-bang-for-the-buck-watch. But why can't you compromise on something like dive-depth, good-looking packaging etc and give a better watch?
5. The feeling of participating in a lucky draw is what I get from choosing to buy an invicta watch. Some customers get watches from good quality batches, while others do not.

I feel so bad that while many other customers were able to get a good piece, I was not able to get one. Invicta has mastered the art of making low-cost watches, but they should definitely look into their quality process as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Impression Invicta Pro Diver Swiss Quartz 9307, October 4, 2012
This is my initial review, having just received the watch. In a month or two I will write another one, to reevaluate and to compare to a Hanowa Swiss Military Flagship model that is similar to the Invicta but costs twice as much or more.

I bought this Invicta from Amazon for a total of $75.59 with tax and free shipping. I had rather low expectations given the price, and knowing a little bit about Invicta -- knowing that the company is now another one of those marketing companies that focuses mostly on, well, marketing. Clearly they are also a "designer" company, given the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of watch designs they have, much like Seiko. So I was somewhat pleasantly surprised to find that this watch is quite well crafted and nicely finished. The all stainless steel case is on par with most modern stainless watches--very heavy, with an adequate attention to detail, equal to its more expensive Swiss cousins. The rotating bezel operates smoothly; the crown pulls easily and the time/date setting functions properly. The dial is gorgeous, the hands and the markers sharp and easy to see. The lume is nice and bright even at the end of a long night. I'm especially impressed with the solid-link stainless steel bracelet. It has smooth edges and the brushed steel portions are not much different from much more expensive watches like Omega and Rolex. The only complaint I have with the bracelet is the locking, fold-over clasp, made with rolled steel: as it is new it is very difficult to open the two clasps to remove the bracelet. This is probably good, as with long-term use the clasps will probably wear in and loosen up, but for now I nearly need a small screw driver to pry them open.

You can call this watch "Swiss" but it is really only a "Swiss Movement" watch, most likely assembled in Asia. But, the assembly seems to be good and the quality control tight. As to the Swiss movement, I've tried to find out who makes it. Most likely Ronda or ISA, but without opening it there's no way to know. I set it according to my computer time and synched it with my Hamilton Khaki quartz and 24 hours later it is still right on the money, exactly in synch with both the Khaki and the Mac. I am further impressed that the second hand hits the marker dead on for most of the markers all the way around the dial. None of the Seiko quartz watches I have do that, so it seems to be a good movement.

While this Invicta has a water resistance claim of 200M, I would not chance even taking a quick dip in a swimming pool given the fact it does not have a screw-down crown. Most likely that feature would add a few bucks to the price, but I think most watch enthusiasts like myself would pay a little more for the added assurance that if someone just happens to push you in the pool you will still know what time it is when you pull yourself out.

Overall, my first impression is four stars. If it had a better, push-button clasp and a screw-down crown I would rate it five stars. Let's see how it does over the next couple months, and how it compares to the more expensive Hanowa. So far, for the money, it seems like a real bargain floating in a sea of overly-pricey Swiss watches.

DECEMBER 23, 2012 FOLLOW UP REVIEW. Have to keep it at 4 Stars due to the slight inaccuracy of the quartz movement. Not a big deal but to earn 5 Stars quartz movements should be accurate to within a few seconds per year and this Invicta has lost nearly twenty seconds over the past two months. If that doesn't bother you, it's a great watch for the money and after all, what difference is 20 seconds going to make, ever?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, but No Screw-Down Crown, December 7, 2010
I received my Invicta 9307 diver's watch last week. It is every bit as nice "in person" as it appears in the photos. Good sized but not huge; solid but not too heavy. The whole watch seems very nicely made. I especially like the look and construction of the bracelet. Besides the regular folding apparatus that clamps the bracelet down, it has a fold-over safety clasp as well. After having a couple of links removed, it feels better on my wrist than other watches with similar bracelets I've had in the past. Although not expensive (I paid something like $81 for it from one of Amazon's vendors on Black Sunday), it looks and feels like a higher priced timepiece. It doesn't come across as a cheap watch trying to look like an expensive watch. One thing I should mention though: it does NOT have a screw-down crown, in spite of what some of the advertising implies. When I first got it I tried the crown and found it would not screw down, but to make sure I double-checked via an email to the Invicta customer contact listed on their web site. The reply I got back said this: "The model 9307 does not carry a screw down crown. You are still able to go diving with this model without water penetrating the movement. Please make sure the crown is pushed all the way in when you take it diving." So, if you are actually going to wear the watch when skin diving and if you feel a screw down crown is important, you need to find another model. That wasn't a major concern for me; I bought it for its classy looks and because I am partial to stainless steel watches with bracelets instead of straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, nice price, July 8, 2013
Honestly, I got this watch because it was sharp like a submariner (in many ways, it's modeled after one). My watch seems fine- 3 weeks so far and it's running strong (I got mine from a store so it has been running for much longer while it sat on the shelf).

Adjusting the strap was a bit tricky- the pins didn't come out easily (all I had was a push pin as a tool), - some pins came out more easily than others so I'm guessing the build quality isn't perfect. Once adjusted the bracelet was fine. If you're really concerned, you can go to a local jeweler and they'll adjust it for you. One thing to note: The first few days I had the band adjusted to be a little snug on my wrist, and the corners of the watch and the crown dug into my skin, and made it slightly uncomfortable to wear (it was also very hot those days, and I wear it on my right arm so the crown points at my elbow instead of my hand). For me it's only comfortable looser, so if you only like watches that fit snugly this may be a problem for you, though you'll probably get used to it.

I'm not seeing any of the other problems mentioned on this page. It does have a Swiss movement (one person called the watch "Chinese Garbage" but only the box was made in china as far as I can see). My watches' crown snaps in firmly, I haven't had any problems with it coming out, and it's easy to set. It holds time perfectly well. I've only gotten it wet under a sink but the water seal seems fine.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's a company I've heard of, a classy style, and it has a Swiss movement all for under $100.

2.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Men's 9307 Pro Diver Collection Stainless Steel Watch, December 26, 2012
David Arnold (Oklahoma City, OK, US) - See all my reviews
the watch look good and feels good but the stem does not lock down and frequently pulls out and changes the time and date in just normal wear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with the watch., February 18, 2014
Amazon operated as advertised. this would have been my second Invicta watch...and I truly enjoy the first one. It arrived on time, but when I took it out of thebox, I was basically unable to turn the bezel. That means to me no one bothered to even do a quick Q.C. check. The watch did appear to be running properly. I returned it the next day...not a problem: thanks, Amazon. I doubt that I will wver buy another Invicta watch again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless as a watch, February 15, 2014
The crown pulls out of this watch often when you are putting your hand in your pocket. This stops the watch, making it essentially useless as a time piece. Do not waste your money on this thing, I literally just threw mine away.