4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but don't inquire about the battery type
Here's the dialog from Invicta when I asked about the battery type in my new watch:

*********

Please note that we do not release that information. To have your battery replaced, please follow the instructions below:

How I send my INVICTA watch for Service:

Please send your watch with:

Copy of your warranty card...
Published on March 31, 2006 by Ronald Coolbaugh

2.0 out of 5 stars Item stopped functioning as intended one week after the 30 day return/exchange period
The gears are stripped in the date display. Invicta's warranty repair requires customer to pay a $28.00 Shipping&Handling fee. I am disappointed that this product, which cost me $75, only worked for a month.
Published 13 months ago by Max Volkov

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but don't inquire about the battery type, March 31, 2006
Ronald Coolbaugh (Long Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invicta Men's 9312 "Pro Diver" Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)

*********

How I send my INVICTA watch for Service:

Please send your watch with:

Copy of your warranty card showing the date of your purchase.

Copy of your purchase invoice with the date on it.

Money order issued to Invicta Service Center for the amount of $15.00 (for S&H).

A note describing the problem with your watch.

A clear return address and Day tel. #

Insure the watch with the shipper.

If your watch is not cover under INVICTA warranty, you will be charge for the repair cost.

Send it to:

Invicta Service Center

1 Invicta Way (3069 Taft St.)

Hollywood Florida, 33021

U.S.A.

From: Ron Coolbaugh [mailto:RCoolbaugh562@Charter.net]

Sent: Tue 3/28/2006 10:45 AM

To: service

Subject: Energy cell

I just bought a model 9312.

Please tell me what type of battery it uses.

Many thanks, ... ron

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome, accurate, and affordable, November 26, 2007
I own this watch along with several more Invicta's. I have found them to be trouble free and keep excellent accurate time. I already owned the 9311 which is the black face and bezel version of this same watch. (See my review on that watch) I was so impressed with it I decided I wanted this watch in Blue. By the way, at this writing the 9311 can be picked up here on Amazon for less than $90, a great value!

This watch operates on a quartz Swiss movement that you will find keeps excellent time only varying a few seconds a month. The uni-directional bezel is operational and not just for looks. The screw down crown offers excellent water resistance. You have to turn it counter clockwise to loosen it away from the case and then pull it out for date and time settings After doing this don't forget to screw it all the way back in. This is easy and not a hastle. The face and markers are easy to read and the date magnifier makes reading the date easy also. The cobalt blue bezel and face are stunning against the gold tones of this watch. The Bracelet is substantial and comfortable. The highly polished 23k gold plating against the brushed gold tones gives the watch an even more rich look. The cobalt blue bezel stays constant while the face seems to change hue with angle of view and light source giving a wide range from almost purple to deep blue to black. On looks alone this watch stands up to the Rolex of the same design but of course you are not investing thousands here. The tritnite used by Invicta for luminosity works well enough for short periods of time but fades more rapid than on some more expensive brand watches. This is the only reason I do not give this watch 5 stars. However, at this price, it is not an issue with me.

Battery change is not a problem. While I have not had to change a battery on this watch or the 9311 I have on two other Invictas that I own and I found the batteries available at Walmart. So, you will be able to have this done at any jeweler if you choose not to make the change yourself. As it has a screw down back like many other well branded watches, Seiko, Citizen, etc., you must have the right tool for doing this yourself and if you do not you would have to have a jeweler do it for you anyway. Expect to pay around $10 to $15 for this to be done. Your watch does not have to be sent back to Invicta for this simple maintenance.

Lastly, the advertised picture posted here on Amazon did not do the watch justice so I posted a few that better represents how the watch looks. Still, the watch looks better than what I posted.

I do not regret in any way my purchase(s) and would spend the money again.

Very highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars As Always, Not A Bad Watch When On Sale, June 16, 2009
S. McDonald (Pugest Sound, WA) - See all my reviews
I own a lot of Invicta watches and as with most if you buy them on sale and get a decent or low price they are almost always worth the money. This is a great looking watch. Has that Rolex style to it and in that classic color combination. If your not familiar with Invicta's gold layering process it is one of the better in the industry. But if you are really hard on watches stay with stainless steel it can be buffed out. Also the classic Invicta blue looks great as always. If the price is right you can't go wrong. Its nice they are starting to make these in the larger 43mm size now also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Gold w Blue Face #9312, January 31, 2010
Beautiful watch color combinations of gold on blue face. Swiss movement. Safety clasp. Heavy and well made. will get many compliments. Looks like a Rolex. Keeps great time. Took it to Kay Jewelers and they sized it for me at no charge. Thank you Kay Jewelers! Kay also has a lifetime battery replacement so don't worry about changing the battery, just take it to them. I read the reviews about the batteries and inquired about this. The instruction manual is generic for all Invicta watches and was not very helpful for the operation of the safety clasp on the band. One has to pull down the inside piece of the watch clasp toward your wrist and lift up the clasp door and then it will pop open. Enjoy this watch when it comes available again. Got mine for $117.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, August 30, 2009
I purchased the Invicta Pro Diver watch and it is beautiful have received plenty comments on it. Keeps perfect time and the price was excellent. AAAA
Wish they would make an petputal calander watch like this one they are great watches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Watch, April 27, 2009
What a handsome and rugged watch this is. Looks enough like a Rolex to turn heads. But the real reason to own it is the solid feel it provides, the excellent time it keeps, and its fit and construction that makes it a watch to wear during outdoor activities as well as an attractive timepiece to be worn to any informal and formal occasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, March 10, 2013
Can't go wrong with this watch. This watch is a beauty. This is the third Invicta I have bought. Great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowseywowwowser!, March 2, 2013
This is a fine time piece... I like a watch that keeps accurate time... This one does that and looks like a million!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, February 25, 2013
I wanted a Rolex look-a-like and this fills the bill. Great looking. I own four other Invicta watches and needless to say am sold on their products. I have nothing but good to say about their watches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, Incredibly Accurate, Great Value. Swiss Quartz is the right choice in this style., October 4, 2011
As noted by another reviewer, the current model 9312 does NOT have a screw-in crown. So, I'm wary of the claim of 200m water resistance. That said, I love the Invicta model 9312 watch. It is really, really accurate. I set my 9312 two weeks ago with the atomic time website. 14 days later it was still dead on -- to the second. This is the most accurate watch I've ever owned.

I also have the automatic (self-winding version), Invicta model 8930. They look almost identical but that model 8930 self-winding watch loses a couple minutes a day, and will sometimes stop in the middle of the night (on my arm) if I don't manually wind it. But, the model 8930 does have a screw-in crown and I can attest to its waterproof qualities.

I liked the look and feel of the model 8930 so much that I bought the 9312 with the Swiss Quartz movement hoping it would be a better time-keeper. Good decision. For those potential buyers out there -- GO QUARTZ!! And FYI, the model 9312 is a bit lighter and thinner than the model 8930 automatic -- which is good.

I thought the gold plating would be a bit blingish, but I actually like it much more than raw stainless. The gold-plated band has a softer, warmer feel than stainless -- it really is quite noticeable. The plating makes the band smoother to the touch and it seems to warm to body temperature faster.

Does the model 9312 have flaws? Well the warranty isn't so great and my second hand doesn't line up perfectly with the minute markers. The band closure doesn't have the fancy push-buttons like my Seikos. Other than that it's a great watch, one that draws compliments (even from Rolex owners) all the time. When I say I wear this instead of my TAG Heuer because the Invicta is more accurate (and better looking) that says a lot. If you can grab one on sale -- go for it!

I would give this watch 5 stars if it had a screw-in crown and the second hand aligned correctly.

Invicta Men's 9312 "Pro Diver" Stainless Steel Watch