5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have
If you are looking for a watch that has cool looks and gets attention, this is it. What I especially like about this big timepiece is always being able to see the hands in little or no light with the blue dial. Make sure you wear for a few days to break-in the band and acclimate to the weight before considering a return. A nice addition to any collection.
Published on December 5, 2009 by R. Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful.That's About It. Couldn't Handle 20' Depth.
UPDATED REVIEW. JULY 12, 2014.
Published on October 10, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, December 5, 2009
This review is from: Invicta Men's F0003 Reserve Collection Venom Chronograph Gunmetal Ion-Plated Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome watch from Invicta!!!!, December 27, 2009
T. Ford "Bamaquer" (Mobile, AL United States) - See all my reviews
I have been collecting watches for almost a year now and have been drooling over the Venom since I began. I bought this one and apon receiving it and wearing it for a day ordered the silver verson as well. The price is outstanding here on amazon and invicta is a great watch company. The black watch with the blue face is an awesome combination.

Be warned this is a huge watch and not for the faint of heart. I have an 8-1/2" wrist and it fits well. I don't know if the rubber strap will be comfortable on a larger wrist or not. I ordered the black Venom ss bracelet from Invicta for $112.00 including shipping. So for $496.00 I have the venom with the rubber and ss bracelets. The bracelet will be more comfortable and suite the bigger wrists.

So if you are looking for a big, beefy, monter of a watch this is it. Buy it and you'll see.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful.That's About It. Couldn't Handle 20' Depth., October 10, 2012
UPDATED REVIEW. JULY 12, 2014.
So I just got back from Hawaii, went diving for a bit, barely made it 20 feet, when I surfaced, I noticed the watch had moisture built inside. Emailed Invicta, they wanted me to send it to them, pay for both the shipping ($28) and fixing costs (not sure how much $$) and would take up to 9 weeks to fix the watch. What a joke of a company and product. Stay away and buy Casio G-Shocks or Citizen. TRUST me.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
This is a heavy, good looking, well made watch. It is probably the largest watch you'll ever wear, aside from a diving watch. The watch has 3 small faces inside. One is the "seconds" counter arm, the other is a 1/10 sec counter and the last is a 30 minute counter with 5 min. intervals. The buttons you see on the side are all screw/push buttons, meaning, in order to set the time, date and use the watch's stop-watch function, you must first unscrew the buttons to be able to press them; this prevents accidental activation of any of the buttons.
The watch has 3 arms, but only 2 are functional 24/7, the hour and minute of course; the smallest/thinnest one that looks like a seconds arm, doesn't move for regular time keeping; it only moves as a seconds counter for when using the stop-watch function. The bezel you see at the edge of the face can also be rotated for time tracking/synchronise.
Setting the time and date is easy: simply unscrew the main knob, this will unlock it. Once unlocked, you'll notice the watch's knob has two positions when pulled, a light pull will get you to the date setting; then pull all the way out for time setting, once done, push it back in and screw to lock.

Something worth mentioning, the picture shown here at Amazon does not reflect the watch's face colour correctly, in reality, it is more of an electric semi dark blue, NOT the shade shown on the picture, which makes the watch's face look darker. Still, this is a beautiful watch.

Comfort:
I've had this puppy for about 2 days now and I love it, but like the title of the review says, the watch may be uncomfortable for some, specially to those with medium to large wrists. The reason is the shape of the watch's under case and strap; the section where the strap meets the case has a permanent concave shape, but comfort will also depend on where you wear the watch. If you wear it exactly on top of your carpals, where the Radius and Ulna meet, then you'll be in pain, but if you wear it below the Radius an Ulna, then you should be fine.
The watch's band may need some break-in period, but I'll update the review if that's not the case***

*****UPDATE***: It's been 4 days now and the watch has become more comfortable to wear, I no longer suffer from pain on my wrist; the first couple of days were painful and I even thought about returning the watch, but I'm glad I didn't. The poly band has soften up and I can now wear the watch tigther, barely noticing it.

In conclusion, this is a man's watch by all means. It is heavy, good and rough looking at the same time and very well made. If you like large watches, then look no further, this is a keeper, but please give it some time to reach its max comfort level (as I mentioned above in regards to comfort, etc). Good Luck.

P.S. Invicta claims this watch was made In Switzerland (Google more about what "Swiss Made" means). It has luminous arms and hour dots.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Timepiece, December 24, 2009
A friend of mine has the silver reserve venom and,upon seeing and holding his watch i was amazed at the size,weight,and attention to detail of the watch,i knew i had to have one.I did some looking around on various sites and i decided on the gunmetal Ion-Plated (black),this is a Big watch.The blue face is beautiful,the functions are precise,accurate,and this watch looks good on my arm and is Heavy,and it gets plenty of attention from the guys and gals alike.this is a real man's watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Visual Bang for the Bucks!, September 29, 2013
Let me just say, that I love Invicta watches. I love them so much that my Invicta collection is about 15 watches. However, I must say, my experience with Invicta watches as well as the experience of my friends-have not been the experience one would expect from this watch brand. If you watch the promo on that home shopping channel, they boast how these watches/time pieces are the most sought after, best customer service etc.

The down side of these time pieces are that you can't take them to your local watch maker for simple maintenance such as a battery change or else you will void the warranty. That if you decide to send these beauties back to Invicta for repair/maintenance it will normally take 6-8 months to get them back. My friend had his Invicta serviced for a cleaning and battery change and it took Invicta 7 months to send it back.Not to mention, you have to include about $25.00 processing and pay for shipping both ways. Apparently, Invicta collects these hefty beauty's and ships them off in batches over seas for servicing.

Again, I love these hefty beauts, however, there has to be a better way to maintain them, an authorized Invicta dealer to take them for repair. Another friend who used to work in the watch industry said that these watches are knock offs of more pricier watches/time pieces. That you can never get the proper battery number for these time pieces as to avoid burning out the coil mechanisms within the piece itself. Some posters to other forums had detailed that they have called Invicta to find out the exact number or kind of battery for these time pieces and were told that they weren't allowed to disclose that information. A reputable company in my opinion wouldn't mind giving this information to a customer, why would Invicta be so secretive about a battery number?

Until Invicta can get it together with better servicing of their time pieces and turn around time on repairs, I will have to say that I wont be purchasing another Invicta time piece any time soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dove in 10 foot deep pool and mositure got inside the watch., May 7, 2013
My spouse purchased this watch for me for a Christmas gift. Shortly after Christmas I dove in a 10 foot deep pool to help out a basic scuba class. After exiting the pool area I observed that the watch was fogging up. I packaged the watch up as directed and mailed it back to Invicta as directed with the insurance of $1400 u.s. which is way more than I purchased the watch for back in the beginning of January 2013. The watch did not come back until the beginning of April. I opened the package and observed that the long minute hand on the stop watch feature was stuck at 4 minutes. I attempted to reset the stop watch and the minute hand was froze. I then attempted to set the watch and the inside immediately fogged up. I can only guess that the repair tech let the watch set on his/her desk until I called to complain what was taking so long at which time the watch was sent back to me. So here we go again...It has been several weeks sent I sent the watch back a second time with answers or return. I have tried to call several times only to be placed on hold or have the tech hang up on me. Watch was great for the first seven days the band could have been larger and I did receive several positive coments from friends who observed this large watch on my wrist. Invicta has the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Can you believe I have owned this expensive watch for over 6 months and have only worn it less than 7 days? and Invicta still has it....

5.0 out of 5 stars massive timepiece, January 12, 2010
This is a beautiful, BIG watch. I was impressed by the little details: every screw is in perfect alignment, the dial turns easily with satisfying clicks, the chronograph buttons screw down to prevent accidental pushing. People are amazed how heavy the watch is when I let them hold it. This is a quality timepiece that should provide me years of service.

A couple of things to note. This watch sits 22mm high. That means if you wear it under a long-sleeve shirt with cuffs, it will make the cuff tight or get caught when it comes out below the cuff. The other thing is if you don't like your watch to move around on your wrist you will need to wear it tight. It's heavy enough to move around with normal arm movements if it's the worn loose at all. Neither of these things bother me and I love this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy Beast, December 6, 2010
The Black and Blue look sharp as can be. Super quality construction. Rugged yet classy look. I can wear this watch for a formal function as well as for something casual. I cant say enough about how much I like this watch. The only caviat is that it is huge. I'm a 6'2 300 plus weight lifter. I don't think I would like this watch being any bigger than it all ready is. Its very tall off the wrist and just very large over all. So be for warned. But if you love your self some big watch this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Exclusive Reserve Venom Chronograph is an elite, flawless timepiece!, February 9, 2010
Justin S. Johnson (Port St. Lucie, FL. USA) - See all my reviews
I have been collecting Invicta watches for a few years and finally decided to buy a Venom. I knew buying a priceless Invicta watch through amazon.com would be hassle free and what an amazing watch! Please read all reviews before judging Invictawatch.com and/or amazon.com. I ordered online Friday and am wearing it today, 4 days shipping time, excellent services! Heavy, immaculate, attention getter and worth every cent!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Venom, December 16, 2010
F. Simon (Where Ever Duty Calls) - See all my reviews
Invicta Men's Wristwatches, when browsing or trolling, remember those 3 words. Most of Invicta's "outdoor-type" watches are Hugh !
They are heavy by any watch standard. They can be awkard at first, but that feeling will typically "wear away". I've been lucky enough
to collect 6 so far. They are addictive. Of the half dozen I own, The Venom is the only one manufactured to withstand the rigors of combat.
It is without question the best tactical watch I've ever worn. Issues such as reflection can be overcome quite easily by any resourceful
soldier. Nuff said there. The bevel design of the face (glass cover) is the Venom's absolute Best Feature ! In a situation where the you can't
raise your arm to your face or even twist your wrist openly, the Venom compensates with the bevel design. Ths shape of the face makes seeing
the dial easy at almost any angle. It also has a slight magnifying effect. Incredible that a watch this size was designed for stealth.
It's design by nature, is combat ready. I've been in some tight spots, and this watch performed flawlessly. I wouldn't even think about taking
any other watch where I've been asked to go. OOH RAH Recon !