I was very happy when I opened the package and saw this watch. The words that come to mind when describing this timepiece are handsome, solid, beautiful. It is a chronograph and therefore it has the size and heft of a chronograph. The ladies model is fairly big when compared to the more delicate jewelery watches available for ladies.

To give you an idea of the size, the dial is about 1.5 inches across (the middle glass section is a tiny bit bigger than a quarter + the bezel). The strap is also wide at little more than half an inch (5/8"). The model number is #4718 which is the stainless steel watch with a mix of stainless brushed and polished finish just like the picture. (The #4719 mentioned by another reviewer is the two tone stainless and gold model.) The case of this watch is thick too, just over 1 cm (7/16") so don't go for this watch if you are looking for a slimmer and lighter watch. In fact, the picture made this watch look more delicate than it is in person.

If I was picking this watch for a man with a slimmer wrist, this would look better than the male version. In fact, this Movado Men's Juro Watch #0605023 has almost the same case diameter as this watch.

This watch feels heavy and solid on the wrist. The band is around 7.5 inches so you'll have to take out a link or two if you have the average wrist size of about 6.5-7 inches. The 16 diamonds on the bezel (2 in each section) look much bigger in the picture than they are in person. They are just as big as a pinprick, almost too tiny to be seen by the naked eye!

However, diamonds or no diamonds, the watch looks expensive and like a quality product. It has a beautiful stainless steel finish and a mother of pearl dial. The hands and number markings glow in the dark. The push button on the 2 sides of the winder help control the chronograph functions. The movement is "Swiss movement" and it is water resistant upto 100m. It comes in the signature bright yellow Invicta fake-leather box (box made in China) with an outer yellow cardboard box with an embossed Invicta logo. Inside the box is a warranty form, an international warranty card, and the manual etc.

Invicta used to be a Swiss watch company (est. 1837) with a reputation for making great timepieces, and the quality is apparent in this watch although they are no longer Swiss-owned. A watch review site mentioned that if Rolex is the Bugatti of watches, then Invicta is the Camry. I'll take the Camry, given the price and value factor!

Invicta is also offering 1+4 years free platinum warranty as per the current promotion if you buy it from Amazon. (a $35 value)

If you still want to learn more there is an almost identical Bulova Women's Diamond Chronograph Watch #96R19 available that has 70+ reviews, most of them rave about their purchase. It is also the same price as the Invicta. As mentioned above, Invicta was a Swiss company but now their corporate headquarters are in Florida. Bulova is also an American watch company started in New York by an immigrant in 1870s.

I love this watch, and can't stop admiring it. It definitely looks more expensive than the price I paid.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 23, 2010
This watch is an exact duplicate of the Bulova 96R19 at half the cost.

I have large wrists 7.5" left and 8" right and the bracelet drooped on both wrists. I could easily slip 2.5 fingers between the my wrist (left) and the bracelet. I went to the jeweler to have it sized and he immediately removed 3 links which was too snug for my left hand, so he added one back in and it fit comfortably whithout the extra drooping or sliding around.

Yeap the diamonds are small, but they still sparkle and shine and I have received many compliments in the 4 days I have worn this watch. This is not a $1,000 watch so dont expect to see sizable diamonds layered around the watch. Even still the watch has a classy yet stylish/modern look with the chronograph face.

I love it and am also considering an Invicta that looks like the Bulova Marine Star which is similar to this one but with a square face.

A little about me, I'm a watch lover and purchase at least one watch a month. For the past year, I have purchased pretty much nothing but chronographs and love the look of Invicta. I have also purchased from Invicta's Reserve line which are very high quality watches at great prices. I will purchase another Invicta soon and also love Bulova watches when I can get them at a great price. Hope this helps some of you who are undecided.
on November 20, 2007
I ordered this as a gold box special. For 179.00, I am very pleased with my purchase. The mother of pearl face is far nicer in person, and the picture on the website does not do this watch justice. Yes, as the other reviewers noted, the diamonds are very, very small. However, it is just enough bling to accentuate this piece. The chronograph functions work great, and my jeweler sized the watch for me free of charge and noted this was a great price for this watch. Also, the extended warranty offered to amazon customers, a 35.00 value, gives you a total of a 5 year warranty. Overall, I am very pleased.
on November 14, 2007
I received this watch today. I purchased it as a "gold box" buy for $179. Seemed like an excellent buy. But, there are a few "untruths" given as the item description.
* The model number of the watch is actually #4719, not #4718
* The (16 handset, sparkling diamonds) are the most ridiculously small chips I have ever seen, actually they are literally too small to be seen. The picture shown and description makes you believe that even though small, they would be visible. Not so.
* When you hold the watch to your ear to hear the "tick tick" of the second hand, it skips and is clearly irregular. I haven't had it long enough to tell if it keeps proper time yet.
* The back of the watch case (with the model#) is twisted around. I don't know if that is important, but it seems like for a nicer brand watch it should be put together better.

On the positive side, it is a heavy, significant watch. It is shiny, nice looking and wearable as an everyday watch. It is a bit rugged for evening, but it depends on what you do in your evenings I suppose.

Overall, it is pretty nice... I just expected more and a bit better quality.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 8, 2011
I love the look, weight, and feel of the watch. And I got it for what I thought was a great price, as the MSRP was much higher than what I paid. I received the chronograph in October 2010, and when daylight savings time ended the next month, I found that pulling the stem out to adjust the hour didn't have any effect. Fortunately, Invicta offers a manufacturer's warranty of one year, BUT, they charge a $28 fee to do that warranty repair. If I didn't love the watch so much, I would have just let it keep the wrong time for a few months. After all, the standard time period seems to get shorter and shorter. But I didn't know what else may be wrong with it, so I decided to bite the bullet and include a check for $28 for "shipping and handling" of the warranty repair. (It only cost me about $6 for first class mail, insurance, and delivery confirmation...and I made the trip to the post office!). Oh, and when you create a repair case, Invicta informs you that "The Repair and Quality Assurance testing process will take 90 days" in its grammatically incorrect boilerplate confirmation email. (I am hoping the grammar goofs are a result of the international influence in their U.S. headquarters in Hollywood, Florida.) I still love the watch, and hope to get it back in excellent working order before daylight savings time ends.

I don't want to infer that this brand or model is bad. My sister has had the exact same model, from the same retailer, for much longer than I have, and has had no problems whatsoever. My purpose in this review is to point out some heartburn surrounding Invicta's service: the high shipping and handling fee, and length of time for repair and "quality assurance testing". I feel that QA testing of that depth should not have allowed a defective timepiece to have left the manufacturing facility in the first place. :)

So the five stars are for the watch. I will hold my rating on the service until I receive my repair.

Update on July 20,2011: After 3 months and 20 days, I received my repaired watch. I emailed Invicta Service two weeks ago and never got a response. I could see by tracking my case on their web site, however, that my case was closed about 4 days after I sent the email. While the watch was out for repair, I researched their service and found a number of complaints, particularly with issues about the fine print revealing that the warranty does not cover the crown. My repair order problem had been modified by Invicta to say "The crown came off." I began to fret that my watch had met with some sort of service depot tragedy and that it would be returned in a sad state of disrepair. But, to my delight, I received my chronograph - nothing else, no copy of an order, no packing list, no "thank you" - securely packaged and shipped with required signature by FedEx. I am still slightly annoyed that I had to pay $28 "shipping and handling" for a watch that I had for less than one month, but I feel that I can get over that now that I have my watch back...provided that I can set the time at the next change in daylight savings time.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 1, 2013
I bought this for my wife for Christmas. It is a beautiful watch - she loved it. BUT, the date feature does not track the month, so unless the month has 31 days, you will have to reset the date at the beginning of each following month. Also, the watch only lasted approx 2 months.. Had the battery changed by a local jeweler, but it continues to stop almost daily around 11:00.... Now, the company wants me, per their policy, to mail the watch insured to them in Hollywood, FL and include a $25 money order for return shipping. Last time I checked, most companies stood behind their product and wouldn't try to profit off of warranty/return shipping for a defective product. It's definitely not a $695 MSRP watch nor the warranty that would come with that high quality of watch; I'd believe it more if MSRP was $69.50! -Buyer Beware!
on April 8, 2011
I feel this watch looked better online then in real life. Once I got it, it did not look the same - the face of it, looks almost yellowish, not white like the photo.
It is bulky and I just was not impressed with it - it looks cheap to me, like a watch I would get in China. I sent it back. Found another on amazon I think I will like better, its called Victorinox Swiss Army Women's 24130 Alliance Sport Watch, waiting for that to arrive, will post a review once I get it.
review image review image review image
on July 14, 2012
After receiving watch, I was excited that it looked exactly as I expected. Unfortunately, by the 2nd month I had it, pieces inside the watch face started to fall off: 1st the piece marking 10 minutes, then the 45 minute piece & so on. Unfortunately, this was over the 30 day return policy so now I'm stuck with a useless watch that I paid over $100 for. BIG disappointment!
on January 25, 2008
I paid $ 149 for this watch and I received a free gift (Invicta Gear Yellow Backpack). I LIKE THIS WATCH. A lot! What I don't like is the instructions manual. That is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. The person that put together the manual did a poor job. You actually need to "play" with the watch in order to see how the watch works. Also, the diamonds are small, but enough for this type of watch. And it can be considered an everyday watch. Plus 4 years extra warranty for $ 25 is perfect. A little bit heavy but it doesn't bother me.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 30, 2011
i ordered the II collection which in the picture has "swiss movt" and "swiss chronograph" on the watch face what i received was a piece of junk and the on spot on the watch that said anything "swiss" was on the back where it said "swiss parts" i have four Invicta watches and love them for the quality and amazing price. i order directly from Amazon because i feel the returns are easier and i usually get what i pay for but not this time i read another review on here about the same thing happening and figured
it was a fluke but it is not the reviews from 2011 show that the picture is not what is in the box!
i am more than a little upset because i have had this watch on my wish list for a year waiting for a reason
to treat myself but what a waste of time and no new dress watch for new years!

See 1 answered question