5.0 out of 5 stars New to Mechanical Watches? This Will Get You Started.
This the THE watch that put Invicta on the map. Styled after the Rolex Submariner, the 8926 has a very solid feel to it.

Published on August 23, 2007 by Dave

2.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor
Published on July 27, 2009 by Klaatu

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Mechanical Watches? This Will Get You Started., August 23, 2007
This review is from: Invicta Men's 8926OB "Pro Diver Collection" Stainless Steel Coin-Edge Automatic Watch (Watch)

Mechanical watches can cost thousands of dollars and need to be serviced every 2-3 years. They have to be either worn daily, stored on a watch winder, or hand-wound lest they stop ticking and have to be re-set. Even with due diligence, premium timepieces have to be manually adjusted every month because they will run a couple of minutes fast or slow. Are you willing to put up with this just to own "a work of art?" That is the big question someone with a casual (or fleeting) interest must ask themselves. But at Invicta's price point, this is a perfect way to find out.

Ironically, mechanical watches are a joy to wear because of their complications. The back case is covered by a mineral crystal, so you can actually see the inner workings. The second hand sweeps around the dial, which I think is more elegant than a quartz movement. The aesthetic quality is the main selling point. We are really talking about men's jewelry here folks. With clocks, cell phones, tv and the like, it is not hard to find out the correct time. So to me, a mechanical watch is worth the idiosyncrasies. Buy the Invicta and wear it for a couple of years. This way, when your are ready to drop $2500 on an Omega, $5000 on the Rolex, or $100,000 on a Patek Philippe, at least you will have an idea of what you have gotten yourself into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolex Owners: Beware!, January 29, 2006
M. T. Nino (Caracas, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best watches you can buy for $135. Distintive and solid stainless steel bracelet with an extension. Automatic Japanese Miyota Cal. 8215-2 movement. Mineral crystal with cyclop feature. Water resistance to 200 meters or 660 feet. The bezel (coin edge type) reminds me of the more expensive Rolex Submariner. It has a nice grip and it seats quiet tight. This model is available with the more traditional Invicta bezel at lower price. As a whole, this watch represents value all over. This is the watch that made aficionados world wide think about the real cost of Rolex watches. Are you paying for status symbol or quality? For a genuine Rolex watch, 85% of the value lies in the name. So why buy an Invicta Rolex look-alike? You get the best of both worlds. You get a quality product with an expensive look, but doesn't cost you much. And you also get the value associated with that particular brand name. Invicta has done a terrific job in that it is probably one of the best value deals you will find. It has the Rolex look but with a very small price tag. And the name Invicta also adds value to the watch. People have come to known Invicta as a quality brand with very affordable prices.

M.T.Nino

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Invicta watch, October 30, 2007
S. G Spires (Huntsville, Al United States) - See all my reviews
Why should you buy this watch? Well, you could just like watches, or a diver.
However, you don't have to be a "pro-diver" to use one of these watches. I've worn these types of watches for more than 25 years and have done little more than dive on coral 15-20 feet down. These watches last.
Invicta's 8926OB (for Original Bezel) is almost a duplicate of a Rolex Sea Master. So much so, Rolex threatened legal action unless parts were changed. The Rolex timepiece will probably last longer, but at $3,000 it should. The Invicta is a working man's (woman's) watch. Mine keeps good time and I rarely adjust it. It's an automatic movement watch -- not a quartz watch.
That means it is a self-winding watch. And that's fine. I doubt anybody reading this needs a hyper-precise watch for everyday life. We all like to think of ourselves as underwater demo team members or 21st Century 007s, but that's not the case.
Probably one of the benefits of Invicta is its presentation. The watch comes in an attractive case, and it has a polishing cloth. It practically blinds you with its silver bracelet.
There are drawbacks though. Every Invicta watch I've got has a delicate crown and stem. The crown also winds the watch, like normal, but when you move it out to the other settings then you REALLY have to be careful opening it. Delicately pop it out to the A or B setting. The first, or A, setting is for changing the date. The second, or B, setting is to move the hands.
The crown screws down and is secure. So, you don't have to worry about it snagging anything.
Just a note on the Original Bezel versus the newer 8296 scalloped, or Omega type, bezel: It's sort of a coin edge, and, to me, it is easier to turn. The scalloped type requires too much pressure and over a few weeks of use it starts to feel like it is wearing out.
I use mine to measure elapsed time for exercise and other events. It's not 100-percent precise like a chronograph, but gives me what I need.
Just to recap, this would make a good, inexpensive, gift that definitely looks like it is more of an investment than it is.

2.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor, July 27, 2009
Klaatu (Greendale, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased this item in February, 2009. Was enchanted with its appearance, price was good and thought an automatic watch might be fun instead of same old quartz. Not quite six months later, however, even after careful handling, could adjust neither the time nor the date. Attempts to contact The Invicta Watch Group to take advantage of my Platinum Warranty Plan for repair had been futile. They answered the phone after numerous rings but banished me to "no contact land," and considered my few emails as spam. Sure, the watch, band and even the packaging are beautiful (hence, two stars) but those attributes are apparently only skin deep. After contacting Amazon regarding this situation and requesting escalation of this issue, an especially helpful Amazon representative granted my return request for a full refund.

Perhaps I simply received a lemon, I don't know. But the last time I checked The Invicta Watch Group's Better Business Bureau rating, it was "F." So beware.

Felt I owed this to both prospective buyers and the Amazon staff.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Invicta Warranty Service has doubled my cost!, July 30, 2012
Paul T (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
After 21 months of ownership and really loving the Invicta Men's 8926C Pro Diver watch, here is what I can report on it:
- Crown no longer stays closed
- Bezel timer ring fell off
- Watch was about 1 minute fast daily
- Date bubble is cracked, crystal needs cleaning on inside.

To send the watch in for warranty, you must send it insured, and enclose a $28.00 check for shipping and handling. So I did that.
After 20 days, I emailed them to see if they got it. They sent me a reply stating the repair will cost $52.65! I see now the warranty excludes `regular wear and tear', which is what they saw my problems as. OK...the repair will cost $28 plus $52.65 is $80.65, which is more than I paid for the watch! On Amazon, I can still buy the watch for about the same cost as the repair. So Let's just have them keep the watch and not cash my check.
July 30, 2012 - Called Invicta. No dice. They will only cash my $28 check, and mail me the watch back, even if I do not want the repair done! So, I was stuck having to spend $28 (Plus the $5.15 it cost me to ship it insured to them). By their tactic, the only thing that made sense was to spend the extra $52.65 to get the watch repaired. Now to add insult to injury, it takes up to 90 days to get the repaired watch back!!! For less money, I could buy another watch and have it right away. Sorry I sent it to Invicta.
Now I have to wait up to 90 days to get my old watch back, and it is costing me more than buying a new one right away! This ends up doubling my cost of the watch in less than two years.
Too bad the warranty is such a poor deal, because it really is a nice watch. In fact, while traveling abroad, a customs agent asked to see the clasp (With the invicta brand on it), because he suspected I had bought a Rolex on my trip!

Update on this watch...From first sending Invicta the watch to getting it back was over 5 months! Watch received 11/13/2012 in like-new condition, and arrived keeping excellent time, much better than the 1 min/day fast it was before. Total repair cost $85.80 and 155 days without a watch. My total 2-yr watch cost is now $163.60 (new cost of $77.50 plus the repair). Again, be warned...You may be better off to just buy a new watch than send it to Invicta on warranty. They must make more money in their repair area than by selling the watch new.

Invicta warranty pricing (First you must ship it to them insured and pay $28 for their shipping): New Condition-0.00, New Crystal-$18.90, Crown Only-18.00, Complete Bezel-15.75

8/21/2014 Update on this watch - The Bezel timer ring fell off again! (It was merely glued on by Invicta), Watch is about 30 seconds slow daily. After 3 1/2 years of ownership, it still works, and is still a nice watch. I will not send it in to Invicta. I called Invicta, and for $16.00 they mailed me a complete Bezel timer ring, scallop-type (even though this watch is coin-edge), and the two spring wires to hold it in place. Now, to figure out how to install the new part...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent classy automatic watch for $1000's less, December 17, 2009
E. Robinson (Santa Clarita, CA) - See all my reviews
2 months ago I purchased the Invicta gold 8930 and really liked it. I got hooked on Invictas. Then a man I do business with showed me his Rolex Submariner, proud of it, for only $5000. Well, I love the look but not the price. I looked at the Invictas on Amazon and found almost an exact duplicate, the 8926-C (coin bezel) for under $90. I have been wearing it constantly for a month now and really like it. It runs about 4 min. fast a month but that's not a big deal to adjust it. I understand that will settle down to a smaller amount over time. The watch looks great, and almost exactly like the R@lex Submariner, and occasionally someone with a Real Rolex will compliment me and ask what year my Rolex is. The construction, materials and workmanship seem excellent, but then it's only been a month. I will update if any problems. Oh yes, buy the $39 watch winder listed on Amazon to keep your watch wound when not wearing it for a day or longer.

Update April 19, 2009 I have now had this watch about 7 months and wear it almost daily. I continue to be very pleased with it. The longer I wear it, the more accurate it gets. It perhaps gains 2 minutes a month, not a problem. I would buy it again.

Update December 16, 2011 I have now had this watch for 25 months and love it. I wear it 6 days a week and it runs and looks great. There are some small scuff marks on the clasp from my wrist hitting my desk much of the day, but that can be buffed out. It is nice to have to worry about batteries. I also have the Invicta Gold 8930 and it still works well also. Very pleased.

Update November 2013 I have now owned this Invicta watch for Four years and wear it at least 6 days a week. It operates very well, gaining perhaps 2-3 minutes a month, no big deal and actually helps me be on time for meetings. It is nice not having to replace batteries. I may need to polish the band a bit, especially the clasp, but the crystal looks fine. The $39 Winder I purchased only lasted about a year and died. My Gold Invicta 8930 still works well also and looks very nice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great doesn't work well, February 10, 2009
Major Payne (Shingletown, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
I have had an Invicta 8926 for a couple years now. The watch looks great, a nice heavy weight stainless divers watch. Mine however has been problematic, First off even when wearing it all day it would frequently stop working completely. I sent it back for warranty repairs (took two months) and upon return it would not keep time. It would loose about twenty minutes per day. Back to the factory and another couple months later I received a new watch. Guess what, it doesn't do much better. It looses about about 15 minutes a day and also stops working occasionally. I have bought a Seiko Automatic Divers watch to takes the Invictas place and it works great. If Invicta would make this watch actually work properly it would be a great watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta hater & high end watch owner, August 29, 2010
JT (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I told myself I'd never buy an Invicta because of all the horror stories I hear about. But since I was in the market for a lower priced Submariner look alike that I can beat around I decided on the Invicta. I own several high end swiss watches that run on ETA & in house movements. I still have no problem with a good japanese movement however, as long as it tells time Im happy.

I received my watch in great time from amazon and was very happy with its initial impression. I sized it up and set the time. Thats where I found a problem. The threading on the screw down crown was stripped. It wont screw back down at all. This does happen to even the best of watches but it takes time and wear for it to cause the crown to need replacement. I can't really complain though because 1. its a sub $100 watch and 2. amazon is replacing it so I have no worries.

The bezel feels pretty good. Not as smooth as a seiko but still not bad. It ratches pretty loud when you turn it so they may turn some people off to it. Its really only a matter of preference and doesnt necessarily mean its bad quality. Just the design. It's also a 120 click revolution bezel which is great. Most are 60 clicks per each full turn while this is 120 and gives you a little more precision in measuring time. For those that dont understand what I mean, when you turn the bezel it works like a socket wrench. The bezel on this watch clicks into place 10 times for each 5 minute increment on the dial for a total of 120 clicks around.

The bracelet is ok. Not bad and not great. But its exactly what I expected. I may switch my replacement onto a NATO strap but only because I prefer NATO not because this bracelet is bad. All of the parts seem to be good quality except the crown threading and hollow end links. These are easily replaceable though with the exception of the crown. Mainly here for the watch enthusiast this watch is nothing great, but not bad. For a normal person just looking for a good watch that they can wear casually this will be fine. Once you have the luxury of owning a high end swiss watch you may find yourself buying more and not accepting anything less. This is exactly my problem. Swiss vs japanese are almost like Name brand drugs vs Generic. They both do the same thing and some even are the exact same quality. Its all preference on the buyers part. Personally I bought this watch to beat around and not worry about feeling bad that I just scratched a thousand dollar watch. I got exactly what I wanted and cant ask for more (once the replacement comes that is) from a watch at this price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Junk - Costly Warranty process, February 21, 2010
Received this watch recently.
Already the crown is defective. It will not screw back into place.

The Invicta warranty terms are that you must send a $25 fee in the form of a Money Order for the S&H. Add to this the approximate $10 it will cost you to ship the watch using a secure shipping service to the Invicta Service Center and the costs of getting a money order, and now the costs to send this $100 watch for warranty service are over 1/3 the price of the watch. If you purchase this watch on sale for around $60 that's over half the watch's price.

If you have to send the watch for service a couple of times it will cost you about the price of the watch!

Either way this is absolutely unacceptable and totally ridiculous.
If a company has a defective product it should pay the costs of returning the defective item to you after it services the item.
You've already paid the costs to ship it to the company, not to mention the inconvenience of getting a money order and of doing without the item for a few weeks.

For the above reasons the watch is going back to Amazon, and will not go near an Invicta product ever again!

1.0 out of 5 stars watch doesn't work, August 3, 2010
I received watch as as a gift, after picking it out. It looks nice, but does NOT keep time. what good is a watch that does not keep time? I wanted to return it but the return window had elapsed. Do not be confused by its good appearance, it does not work