4.0 out of 5 stars Two-Year 9311 Review - Grade "A"
Published on June 2, 2007 by DavidCyrus

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Watch
Light weight with a cheap feel to it. It stopped running after a few months. Looks good in the picture though.
Published 11 months ago by john s mazur

4.0 out of 5 stars Two-Year 9311 Review - Grade "A", June 2, 2007
This review is from: Invicta Men's 9311 Pro Diver Collection Gold-Tone Watch (Watch)
I purchased this watch two years ago, after a full month of online research and jewelry store inspections of Submariner-style watches; specifically, Invicta Pro Diver models. By contacting the seller directly (via email) before purchasing, I was able to verify which model design was for sale. FYI - depending on the model year, the 9311 can have a red, gold or black/gold Inivcta logo on the face, the bezel can be coin-edged or scalloped, and the second hand may or may not have a gold logo at the base. My watch has a red logo and a scalloped bezel, and no second hand logo. Incidentally, that watch is marked 9311A on the watch back. The appearance of the watch is cleaner with the scalloped bezel, however, the bezel is a bit more difficult to turn, due to less grip. You will probably only turn the bezel four or five times a year, so its usability is not a critical feature. Also, The logo at the base of the second hand is clutter- I would recommend ordering yours without it.

Some pictures of this watch online portray the glow-in-the-dark indicator at the apex of the bezel to be a bright greenish dot- this is not the case on my watch. The indicator is not pure pearl white, but I wouldn't call it greenish, it is quite similar to the hour and hand markings.

One of the watch features that impressed me originally was the thickness and purity of the gold electroplate. I'm not a watchmaker nor a metallurgist, so I'm not sure what the ads that touted "23K gold electroplate, 7 microns thick" were really representing. What I can tell you is that after two years of at least weekly wear in all environments, (the office, outdoors, swimming, etc...) the gold color is still solid over all the plated parts of my watch. Even areas that have been scratched on the band are still golden.

Another concern of mine was the hardness of the crystal. Nothing ruins the appearance of a nice watch quicker than a scratched crystal. This model has a mineral crystal, not the harder sapphire type. Relax; after two years of indelicate usage, there are no visible scratches on its crystal. The only damage to my watch at this time (outside of incidental scratches on the band) is a scratch on the bezel that has removed some black paint (and replacement bezels are available).

The band has worked flawlessly, and the watch keeps very accurate time. I may adjust it a minute or two every six months, but that is in the noise; adjusting my watch for a different time zone typically has this effect.

Overall, the watch is a great timepiece, and seems to be holding up better over time than a similarly-priced Citizen model I purchased a few years ago (which I have admittedly abused...) I am rating it a four, only because the screw-down crown can be a bit difficult to operate, and the magnifier over the date window is not effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cost about $100, Looks like $500, May 1, 2007
I ordered this watch because it is a fantastic mate for the ladies diver 8943 that I purchased for my wife.

The face and hands are easy to read and the date with the magnification is really easy to read. The watch looks much better than pictured. Gold plating is highly polished. Screw down crown is easy to operate thus setting date/time is a snap. The tritnite used to illuminate the hands leaves a little to be desired. It will light up fine after exposure to a good light source but dims more rapid than I would like. However, to everyone that owns an Invicta this is no surprise. Still, I give the watch 4.5 stars with this being the only drawback. If Invicta would correct this one small thing it would be 5 stars hands down. This is still a great deal. For about $100 you get a watch that looks like it would go for many more hundreds.

I highly recommend this watch and if you are looking for a his/hers set you may want to look at the above mentioned ladies watch. The 8943 is a tad smaller than the standard Invicta Ladies Diver and my wife likes the smaller size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch for the price, April 4, 2007
R. Farish (The Republic of Texas) - See all my reviews
As stated by earlier reviews, the watch I received from Amazon wasn't "exactly" the same as the one pictured. The invicta logo is black, outlined in gold, instead of red. And it has a small invicta logo on the end of the second hand. Other than that, was pretty much identical. Definately a nice watch for the money ($84.99+free shipping). Good weight to it and nice finish. I have already had 2 people ask me if it's a Rolex. The box it comes in is more what you would expect to get with a watch that cost thousands more. It would make a very impressive gift watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch, February 27, 2007
First off, the shipping was great. I thought it would take longer but I was pleasantly surprised. I wish it had the red invicta & swiss logo on top like the picture, but it must be an updated model (9311a). I almost returned it for the automatic model that it now resembles. I'm going to get an automatic at a later date. This watch has excellent features, the dial holds the luminesence very well.The quality & heft are wonderful. It is a swiss movment(I dont know if that's any better, but it sounds neat). getting it from amazon was seamless. If you want a quality watch at a great price this company has them. My friends with rollies were stunned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta 9311 Pro Diver, October 31, 2012
I received this watch a few weeks ago. Before my purchase, after reading the other reviews for this product I called Amazon asking which version of the watch they were currently carrying, as I preferred the style with the gold and black logo (as opposed to the red-filled one). I was told at the time that they were only carrying the watch with the red-filled logo, however upon receiving the watch it was clear that I got the style with the gold and black logo. This was great, but I'm still not sure why I was told differently. The watch is gorgeous in person - All the polished surfaces look great, and the dial has a sort of metallic reflective quality not seen in the stock photos. The watch I received differs from the stock photos in a couple ways: the case back is silver, not gold-colored, and the crown logo is all gold (no middle black dot). One other thing worth mentioning: others have said the bezel is very difficult to turn; my bezel seems to turn quite easily, however also stays put throughout use.

So far the watch is running great. The main thing I was disappointed with was the cyclops, as it came a little bit crooked, and offers pretty much no magnification. I took the gold bracelet off before wearing the watch and swapped with a black nato strap, however I noticed the clasp is very hard to open. I'm not sure if this has been an issue for others.

All in all a very beautiful quartz watch, would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a gold Rolex sub homage. Price is outstanding as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Watch, August 20, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Men's 9311 watch, July 14, 2013
Watch looks and feels great but after a month condensation started getting inside the glass cover. I have not even been wearing in water for this to be happening but just walking outside into the heat is causing the condensation. I am past the return date so I will just have to deal with it. I would probably not buy Invicta watches again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not keep good time., May 30, 2013
The watch looks great. Everything about it was good except it didn't keep good time. For the first few days it was spot on. Then I noticed that it had lost ten minutes. Thinking this was a fluke, I reset the watch and kept a better eye on it. For the next day it was perfect, then it dropped 10 minutes again. This time I knew I had been watching closely and that the stem had not been pulled out. Note that on this watch when you pull the stem out the second hand stops and I'm guessing that time stands still until you push it back in all the way.

I kept the watch for about two weeks and kept having to reset the time. No matter how good a watch looks if it doesn't keep good time it's not worth anything. I sent it back and asked for a replacement. Read my review on it's replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same, but still great., February 15, 2013
B. Cammack (Daytona Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
I purchased this watch to replace one given to me by my wife several years ago. I loved it and have simply worn it out over the years.

It's the same watch, but with one important difference: the crown is not a "screw down crown" like my original. Other than that, they appear identical.

I was mildly disappointed about the change to the crown, but considering I do not swim and it doesn't effect the appearance or basic functionality of the watch, it's not a big deal.

Still a great watch that looks terrific!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Classy Watch, November 6, 2007
C. Specker (Seattle, WA...) - See all my reviews
I now have 2 invicta watches. Both are wonderful and at a super deal thanks to Amazon. The Gold is very nice and accents the Black face. It would have been nice if the wings were red, as the picture was when I bought mine, but at least they are showing the right watch now. I am very very pleased with this.

Invicta Men's 9311 Pro Diver Collection Gold-Tone Watch