Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Band Color: Silver|Change

on June 15, 2007
When I started on my "Amazon watch search" I had a pretty good idea of what I needed. It had to be a watch with an assortment of characteristics. Essentially three, i. e., bracelet, dial, and date feature.

I like the metal bracelet, not the leather, rubber or vinyl straps, since the excess strap bothers me when I write. Being an MD and a concerned husband, I don't like to flash the light on my patients while they sleep or at my wife when our room is dimmed; so fluorescent time hands and an easy to read dial is a must. The last "conditio sine qua non" was that the watch displays clearly the day of the month. Since I can never remember it.

I was doubtful about a "divers style" model since my wrist's diameter is not too large, reason for which I was looking for a "dressy style." But the Invicta caught my attention. The shape is clean, wearable for every occasion and it incorporates all the essentials on my list. It is sober without looking cheap.

There are a few bonuses, now I can shower without being worried of water filtering into the case. The time piece is quartz accurate, and doesn't need me shacking my wrist to wind it, or hand winding myself. It's somewhat heavy compared to my other watches but a few seconds is all it takes to get used to. The solid stainless band with diver buckle and safety clasp assure it will never fall off by accident. The screw down security crown is an innovation in my world, it must be a plus of divers while for me it's OK.

There surged only one problem which I solved with a pair of fine hand pliers. I had to take apart a few links off the band. As the little pins are taken, some got loose and with everyday use they started to protrude from their pin holes. With the set of fine pliers I made a little twist and inserted them again. So far the problem has been solved. Oh, one comment, Invicta is a swiss watch company, but the machine says "Japan Movement." So, what's the deal here?

Essentially this Invicta time piece is quite straight forward, not too many "bells and whistles" so, I can not generalize my experience to more complex models with "moon dial" and other gizmos. It is just what I wanted, at a great price, no frills added. I hope a few months from today, when I go over this review, I will feel as satisfied as I am.
on February 27, 2007
Recently I cashed all my change at a Coinstar and was given the option of them taking 8.9 cents on the dollar or getting full value from Amazon. I chose Amazon. I thought I had about a hundred in change but only had fifty something. I looked at every category to blow my money on and was enamored by the Invicta watches and the positive reviews. I chose a watch with no review (probably because it was only $50).

Since I've only had it for a day...It is so well constructed, on the heavy side, nice magnified calender (Rolex???), has kept the correct time all day and since I don't dive, I'll never know the implosion point of this exceptional timepiece. The only negatives are...it's hard to change the time due to the diver style screw down crown and the Flea market, bright yellow box, oh yeah, if you like instructions you'll receive a 45 page book.
on April 15, 2014
I really don't like the latest trend to huge watches. I don't wear a watch for fashion, but I like to wear something nice that will last.

I really like the look of a Rolex Submariner, and I even considered a replica (fake) Rolex for a while, but I'm really not a fake rolex kinda guy. Then I saw these, which I admit look a lot like the Rolex, but they are not replicas, or fakes. They are genuine Invictas.

The watch looks great. It's a nice size and not too heavy. I've had it a week and I'm very happy with it. IF you are real stickler for details, note that the second hand doesn't always line up exactly with the minute lines on the dial face. And one morning, I found the date number only half way advanced between a 09 and a 10. I just tapped the side of the case and it went to the correct display.

I give it a 5 based on the fact that it's a $58 watch, and I think it delivers a real bargain at that price.

UPDATE November 2014: Might take one star away due to two things - one of the strap pins broke and the watch fell right off my wrist. Thankfully, on to a carpet rather than into the water. Also, sometimes it seems that the day/date gets confused, or doesn't change at midnight. Still, a nice watch for the price.

UPDATE MARCH 2016: Now taking away three stars. The watch band broke again, and the watch fell on the floor. The hands all came loose, so they just flopped around. Invicta has a 5 year warranty, but they want $28.00 shipping. That is more than half the price I paid originally ($58), so I'll pass on that. Invicta watches are just too cheaply made. And, I didn't wear it every day. It really had little use. Compare that with the $15 plastic Casio I have that has endured 4 seasons in Antarctica, and still works perfectly.

At this point, I have to revise my rating to two stars.
on December 23, 2012
This watch looks beautiful on the website. Great pictures are provided for marketing purposes. The watch arrives looking quite good as well. Thus, your initial impression will likely be that of a satisfied customer. This lasts approximately 2-3 months. This is just enough time for the warrantly to stop functioning. Yes, this watch carries a maximum two month warranty. Invicta is of no assistance. They rely on Amazon to provide customer service.

The first problem is the uncomfortable dial on the right-hand side of the watch. This is metal and pointed. It rubs against your skin and hurts a pinch when you bend your hand back while wearing the watch. The second problem is the battery. Why does this watch run through batteries so quickly? In my 23 months of owning this watch I have changed the battery out twice already. I am on the third battery! Third, the metal will begin to scratch on day #1. Six months in it is scratched like an Ipod. One year in it looks similar to a train-wreck. And no, steel cleaner and/or silver cleaner do nothing. It makes the metal shine, and the scratches are more pronounces. Fourth, the watch slowed down approximately one year in. At first it would slow down approximately 20 minutes per day. Then it became more pronounced. Now it loses approximately 8 hours per day, rendering the watch useless for telling time.

So here I am, just under two years into owning this watch. It is scratched, the band broke a month ago while I was wearing it, it doesn't tell time, I've spent nearly $40 on batteries and installation, and it has always been uncomfortable to wear. Invicta doesn't care and Amazon doesn't want this crap back. There are much better companies out there. Wal-Mart sells watches of this quality for $10. Buy one of those until you can afford a real Rolex.
on January 3, 2010
This is a great watch, especially for the price I paid - $41 when Amazon had a 25% off Invicta sale. (A few hours after I ordered, Amazon raised the regular price from $55 to over $75.) The watch has a solid, quality feel to it, especially the bracelet. It also keeps good time, losing only 2 or 3 seconds a week, if you set it using an "Atomic Time" clock. I do have a few disappointments. The watch is slightly smaller than I had hoped for. Amazon lists the case as 41mm wide, but that measurement includes the stem on the right side. The case itself is actually about 37mm wide. The white dial measures 28mm wide and the blue/red bezel ring is 35mm wide. If you're looking for a big diver-type watch, this is not for you. Its smaller size is better for everyday wear, and it easily fits under the cuff of a dress shirt. I've also noticed that the second hand is not aligned. As it ticks around the dial, it stops in-between the second markers. The last point is the red/blue bezel ring appears to be a very thin layer of paint on the metal bezel, and I have a feeling that it might scratch very easily. In spite of these few shortcomings, I am still very pleased with my purchase.
on October 15, 2012
Invicta watches are very pretty and priced well, but buy one only if you can consider it disposable. Husband has only worn this watch for a week before the metal band broke. Warranty repairs are not available in the US (Pay $28, ship it to Florida and the Invicta service center ships it overseas for repair), can take the "industry standard" of 90 days, and require a minimum shipping fee of $28. Taking it to a local jeweler automatically voids the warranty so that is not an option either. I thought it was a fluke when the band broke after a year on hubby's previous Invicta which is why I considered them when ordering a replacement. At this point, I would be better off buying him a watch from Wal-Hell because at least I would not be surprised if it turned out to be poor quality and "disposable". This is definitely a case of "You get what you pay for" and this Amazon bargain isn't a bargain at all.
on December 6, 2012
A few years ago I wouldn't ever think of buying an Invicta. We bought 2 of our kids an Invicta and they turned out to work so well that we bought 3 more. This Christmas we just bought two more (this one and a ladies modle). My wife has had hers for 1.5 years and it is still working great. No problems. She has over a dozen watches that are way more expensive, but her Invicta is water resistant to 100M and she loves to use it while swimming and working around water.
on October 30, 2014
Beautiful watch. One of the only Invicta lines of watches for men that isn't WAY too big for an average man's wrist. I get compliments on this watch all the time.

This watch is built like a tank. Every other watch I have owned has eventually let some water condensation into the watch, but not this one. After abusing it for about a year and a half, getting it wet constantly in my line of work, finally one of the pins holding the band to the case broke during a very busy week at work. Had an attractive girl I work with take it in for repair as a favor. So of course the guy did it free of charge for her hahaha. Good as new, and still as beautiful of a watch as it ever was.

Love this thing. Bought another Invicta recently.
on March 26, 2014
Some may like the size, but it was too small and I have small wrists, was a little on the girly side size wise for me.

Otherwise construction was solid and the price was terrific, if you like smaller watches then go for it !

Wish it was bigger, I really did like the style and construction.
on April 28, 2014
This watch is not the same quality as other Invicta pro-diver watches I've bought.
This is the first Japan movement I've bought (prev purchased Swiss movements).
This watch does not have a screw-down crown as would be expected for a pro-diver style watch, and its smaller than the usual pro-diver style size (prev purchased). Also, the setting mechanism is quirky - the minute hand won't set exactly on the desired minute and jumps off when fully depressing the stem.... dont know if that's an isolated flaw or watch quality issue?
It looks nice but its just not the same quality that I'd expect from prev experience.