4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta's overlooked dive watch
Published on December 11, 2005 by Michael Horn

3.0 out of 5 stars Case diameter is 39mm, not 43mm like the 8926
(EDIT: Amazon now has the specs correctly listed at 37mm diameter.)

Published on June 29, 2006 by Mac-Tendo Guy

4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta's overlooked dive watch, December 11, 2005
Purchasing the #8932 Invicta dive watch for a family member Christmas present - I've come away very much impressed. The 8932 apparently shares the case, crystal mineral glass watchface, screwdown crown and elegent lightweight stainless steel bracelet with it's more expensive automatic movement 8926 sibling. Matter of factly - it is hard to tell the difference between this watch and Invicta's $300+ 9937 Swiss ETA powered automatic diver without close inspection.

It is my humble opinion that Invicta is the leader of the affordable price dive watch market - including such giants as Seiko and Citizen - OK maybe even Casio. Invicta does not have the brand name awareness of the public and large commercial outlets to display their wonderful dive watches. Once you've purchased an Invicta Pro-Diver series watch - you will be a fan. The fit, finish, overall quality and design make this watch a model you should consider as a price range leader.

Case: The 316L brushed stainless steel case at 40mm (43mm with crown) once considered a large watch - is now an "average" size for dive watches. The stainless steel watchback might be annoying for those with nickel metal skin allergies - the mineral glass display or "exhibition" watch backs of the 8926 and 9937 being preferred by many divers. Mineral glass is not as scratch resistant as sapphire crystal as found in the 9937 - which can only be imprinted by diamond - but is "good enough" for average wear and certainly keeps the watch very affordable. A date "cyclops" or window is found at the 3 o'clock position. The watch is rated and tested to 200m (660 ft) - that which qualifies it as a "Professional Diver".

Bezel: The black bezel is a very scratch resistant, uni-directional (120 clicks to the hour) scalloped edge (like the Omega Seamaster) diving tool. A "coin edge" (like the Rolex Submariner) bezel is preferred by many divers - being less slippery to manipulate when wet.

Bracelet: Invicta's ss bracelet - with polished center links - is an industry standard - best compared to a Rolex Oyster bracelet for the Submariner series. It utilizes a foldover deployment clasp without a wetsuit deployment clasp as found on more expensive dive watch bracelets. Held together by pins - it is important to throughly rinse the bracelet after immersion in salt water.

Movement: The 8932 uses a quartz "asian" sourced movement. These will normally keep time +/- 15 second per week and are actually much more accurate than the more expensive Invicta 8926 Citizen/Miyota 8215 - 21 jewel automatic movements that can be a minute or more off each week. The 9937 uses a Swiss ETA 2824-2 25 jewel automatic movement reflected in it's $300+ price tag...Watch battery life varies as per movement source and battery quality. Most batteries should last 3-5 years according to Invicta users I know.

Conclusion: I am a big fan of Invicta dive watches. For the money, Invicta Pro-Diver series watches are an industry leader. Sourced among many different asian assemblers - the fit, finish and quality may vary somewhat from batch to batch - but the overall reputation among watch collectors of the Invicta Pro-Diver series is very high!

Why not 5 stars? My personal preferences are automatic movement watches - not quartz. The stainless steel back can irritate the skin of allergic individuals. Mineral glass crystal - used to hold the price - is prone to scuffing and minor scratching. Sapphire is too expensive for this category of watch. As a diver - I prefer a "sawtooth" or "coin" edged bezel to the scalloped bezel currently offered by Invicta. The bracelet offers no wetsuit deployment clasp - a feature absent in all Invicta divers thru the 9937 series. Some or none of these should prevent you from considering this watch or it's 8926 fraternal twin as your next dive watch.

Amazon and it's sellers do a good job to deliver the Invicta goods. All models come with a one year warranty - Invicta offering a 5 year warranty extension for a modest fee. I am the owner of 7 Invicta dive and chronometer watches. You can learn more about Invicta and other affordable watches sold by Amazon at InvictaTalk.com.

3.0 out of 5 stars Case diameter is 39mm, not 43mm like the 8926, June 29, 2006
Mac-Tendo Guy (WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invicta Men's 8932 "Pro Diver Collection" Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
(EDIT: Amazon now has the specs correctly listed at 37mm diameter.)

Amazon's description is wrong on the case diameter. I bought this watch and the 8926 automatic thinking they were the same size (43mm with crown). Not so, this watch is quite a bit smaller on the wrist, not as heavy(no automatic movement), and the unidirectional bezel is much more loose and cheap feeling.

The model # on the back of this watch is 8932A

The 8926 is a MUCH nicer watch and has been on sale for 70 at various times.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm very disappointed, November 18, 2009
I recieved this watch yesterday and I was very excited. This was not my first Invicta, I've been very impressed with their watches. After I got it home, I put a rubber band on it and then started setting the time. I first noticed that the bezel is very difficult to turn. I thought if I kept working it, it would loosen up. It hasn't so far. Next I noticed that the time keeps stopping periodically. I know it's a quartz, but even early on I expected the watch to keep running in the beginning. Then I look at the warranty card. I admit this is the first time I've had to, and I notice that Invicta wants a $25 check for return shipping. They send me a defective watch and they want money to essentially fix it. I don't think so.....I'm used to very quality from Invicta, so I am very disappointed in this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars very dissapointed, September 17, 2010
first watch got water inside the first time I got in the pool. The replacement did not run properly, some times run behind and some times it just stopped altogether.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Customer Service, February 18, 2013
Beware of the horrible customer service - had to get simple watch band repair and it is taking more than 5 months to get this done. Consider using alternative vendors instead of INVICTA as their customer service is unacceptably poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Men's Professional Diver Watch - Black Dial 8932, April 23, 2007
swimmer (Oakland, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Great watch. I've had the watch for one month. It looks and feels like a high quality watch. It is accurate and easy to read. the bezel is easy to use/set. I use it swimming - no leaks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless as a wacth, December 4, 2009
Dewes (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
It is not a bargain, looks great but useless as a watch. I got two of this watches but both stops working perodically.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but!, March 1, 2012
I am returning this watch today. Sorry to do it because it is a handsome timepiece. Several problems: the crown when it's pulled in the adjustment mode seems very loose and this make it somewhat difficult to set the hour hand precisely.
Also in the adjustment mode the hour hand is actually loose and flops around a little when I turn the watch.
This is probably nitpicking, but the quartz movement gains several seconds a day. Really no big deal, but I had several quartz watches that were much more accurate.
In any case this watch is going back today but I ordered another Invicta, trusting I will have better luck with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't loose the crown, July 7, 2009
I bought an Invicta 8932 and nobody could loose the crown! That was so firmly attached to the body of the watch that I have to use pliers to switch the crown to be able to pull it and adjust the date and time. But it works fine. I gave 1 star but the clock deserves 4.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Product. Not water resistant., December 7, 2009
The product description says the watch is water resistant up to 200 meters (600 feet). However, I use this watch for around 1 and half month and water has gone into the watch already. I didn't wear the watch to swim or take shower. I just use it normally and sometimes I wear it when I wash hands. How dare they say the watch is water resistant?

Rate and Discover Movies