4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta's overlooked dive watch
Published on December 11, 2005 by Michael Horn

3.0 out of 5 stars Case diameter is 39mm, not 43mm like the 8926
(EDIT: Amazon now has the specs correctly listed at 37mm diameter.)

Published on June 29, 2006 by Mac-Tendo Guy

4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta's overlooked dive watch, December 11, 2005
Purchasing the #8932 Invicta dive watch for a family member Christmas present - I've come away very much impressed. The 8932 apparently shares the case, crystal mineral glass watchface, screwdown crown and elegent lightweight stainless steel bracelet with it's more expensive automatic movement 8926 sibling. Matter of factly - it is hard to tell the difference between this watch and Invicta's $300+ 9937 Swiss ETA powered automatic diver without close inspection.

It is my humble opinion that Invicta is the leader of the affordable price dive watch market - including such giants as Seiko and Citizen - OK maybe even Casio. Invicta does not have the brand name awareness of the public and large commercial outlets to display their wonderful dive watches. Once you've purchased an Invicta Pro-Diver series watch - you will be a fan. The fit, finish, overall quality and design make this watch a model you should consider as a price range leader.

Case: The 316L brushed stainless steel case at 40mm (43mm with crown) once considered a large watch - is now an "average" size for dive watches. The stainless steel watchback might be annoying for those with nickel metal skin allergies - the mineral glass display or "exhibition" watch backs of the 8926 and 9937 being preferred by many divers. Mineral glass is not as scratch resistant as sapphire crystal as found in the 9937 - which can only be imprinted by diamond - but is "good enough" for average wear and certainly keeps the watch very affordable. A date "cyclops" or window is found at the 3 o'clock position. The watch is rated and tested to 200m (660 ft) - that which qualifies it as a "Professional Diver".

Bezel: The black bezel is a very scratch resistant, uni-directional (120 clicks to the hour) scalloped edge (like the Omega Seamaster) diving tool. A "coin edge" (like the Rolex Submariner) bezel is preferred by many divers - being less slippery to manipulate when wet.

Bracelet: Invicta's ss bracelet - with polished center links - is an industry standard - best compared to a Rolex Oyster bracelet for the Submariner series. It utilizes a foldover deployment clasp without a wetsuit deployment clasp as found on more expensive dive watch bracelets. Held together by pins - it is important to throughly rinse the bracelet after immersion in salt water.

Movement: The 8932 uses a quartz "asian" sourced movement. These will normally keep time +/- 15 second per week and are actually much more accurate than the more expensive Invicta 8926 Citizen/Miyota 8215 - 21 jewel automatic movements that can be a minute or more off each week. The 9937 uses a Swiss ETA 2824-2 25 jewel automatic movement reflected in it's $300+ price tag...Watch battery life varies as per movement source and battery quality. Most batteries should last 3-5 years according to Invicta users I know.

Conclusion: I am a big fan of Invicta dive watches. For the money, Invicta Pro-Diver series watches are an industry leader. Sourced among many different asian assemblers - the fit, finish and quality may vary somewhat from batch to batch - but the overall reputation among watch collectors of the Invicta Pro-Diver series is very high!

Why not 5 stars? My personal preferences are automatic movement watches - not quartz. The stainless steel back can irritate the skin of allergic individuals. Mineral glass crystal - used to hold the price - is prone to scuffing and minor scratching. Sapphire is too expensive for this category of watch. As a diver - I prefer a "sawtooth" or "coin" edged bezel to the scalloped bezel currently offered by Invicta. The bracelet offers no wetsuit deployment clasp - a feature absent in all Invicta divers thru the 9937 series. Some or none of these should prevent you from considering this watch or it's 8926 fraternal twin as your next dive watch.

Amazon and it's sellers do a good job to deliver the Invicta goods. All models come with a one year warranty - Invicta offering a 5 year warranty extension for a modest fee. I am the owner of 7 Invicta dive and chronometer watches. You can learn more about Invicta and other affordable watches sold by Amazon at InvictaTalk.com.

3.0 out of 5 stars Case diameter is 39mm, not 43mm like the 8926, June 29, 2006
Mac-Tendo Guy (WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invicta Men's 8932 "Pro Diver Collection" Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
(EDIT: Amazon now has the specs correctly listed at 37mm diameter.)

Amazon's description is wrong on the case diameter. I bought this watch and the 8926 automatic thinking they were the same size (43mm with crown). Not so, this watch is quite a bit smaller on the wrist, not as heavy(no automatic movement), and the unidirectional bezel is much more loose and cheap feeling.

The model # on the back of this watch is 8932A

The 8926 is a MUCH nicer watch and has been on sale for 70 at various times.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm very disappointed, November 18, 2009
I recieved this watch yesterday and I was very excited. This was not my first Invicta, I've been very impressed with their watches. After I got it home, I put a rubber band on it and then started setting the time. I first noticed that the bezel is very difficult to turn. I thought if I kept working it, it would loosen up. It hasn't so far. Next I noticed that the time keeps stopping periodically. I know it's a quartz, but even early on I expected the watch to keep running in the beginning. Then I look at the warranty card. I admit this is the first time I've had to, and I notice that Invicta wants a $25 check for return shipping. They send me a defective watch and they want money to essentially fix it. I don't think so.....I'm used to very quality from Invicta, so I am very disappointed in this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars very dissapointed, September 17, 2010
first watch got water inside the first time I got in the pool. The replacement did not run properly, some times run behind and some times it just stopped altogether.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Customer Service, February 18, 2013
Beware of the horrible customer service - had to get simple watch band repair and it is taking more than 5 months to get this done. Consider using alternative vendors instead of INVICTA as their customer service is unacceptably poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful watch, August 8, 2007
J. Adrian Porter (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
I owned a basic Timex leather watch and it refused to keep the time correctly (the battery was fine but it kept falling behind). I began a more earnest search for a nicer watch and stumbled across this Invicta 8932.

I owned a Wenger previously that I loved but the watchband continually snapped its pins so I was a little hesitant about purchasing another metal band. However, once it arrived I was impressed with the thickness of the links and the heft of the watch itself. It is definitely a solid watch but not so overwhelming and ostentatious as other divers that on the market.

I have received numerous compliments on the Invicta's appearance and love the finish and quality of this timepiece. I am not a collector by any means but I truly love this watch. Excellent price for the quality as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Important use info, December 4, 2009
Overall an excellent product. The only issue is the date and time settings. The instructions created confusion by indicating to set the date you need to pull out the crown to the first position and the clock will stop. I tried pulling out the crown and it would not budge. After some choice words to the watch - I tried to unscrew the crown and it popped out. Tried to find a crown position where the clock stops. Only stops at the second position to set the time. After more choice words directed to the watch - pushed the crown in to the 1st position and turned the crown counter clock wise and the date changes. This process took about 15 - 25 frustrating minutes. I found out about the unscrewing of the crown buried in the section that covers all Invicta products. Bottom line - if the instructions were more specific and correct - the process would have taken 2 minutes and I bet this watch's rating would jump a full star. Hopefully this info eases other purchasers pain in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Reliability in Question, December 29, 2009
I received my watch yesterday. My expectation on the looks was right on. I like it but I am writing this review to inform all that the watch was not working properly. It was interesting that all the reviews on this watch did not indicate its realiblity from the get go. It would stop intermittently and would lose time. I would need to reset it and it would start again. I am not sure if it is the battery or... I called Invicta but after 15 minutes on hold, I decided to just ask for a replacement from Amazon instead. Wish me luck on the replacement, I like the looks but I would like a working watch too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, very impressed! ...no problems after 4 months!, July 16, 2012
E. D. Philpott "indydavep" (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
Update 1/3/2013 I gave this as a gift and I saw my nephew at Christmas and asked him how this watch was working. He said it was working great with no problems. He's tall and skinny, so I think this watch looks better on him than the larger, heavier Invicta automatic.

I'd read some reviews saying this watch would not keep time well. Not this one. It kept time perfectly (I checked it repeatedly with my cell phone). I wore this watch out last weekend and it looked amazing. Durability? Hmmm ...not sure yet. I'm not ready to dunk it in water. I really just enjoy wearing it dry, while it's still shiny and it works. The crown does not screw down on this Quartz model, so I am not sure if rough treatment (diving off boats, or wiping out while water skiing) in would be a good idea. In a few months after the newness has worn off, I'll go ahead and risk swimming or showering with it. If I'm wrong, It'll cost me less money than dinner and few beers with the boys.

...so the "real watch" purchase will continue to wait... but really, I can wear this $54 beauty, glance down at my wrist, and almost "be there". Awesome!

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless as a wacth, December 4, 2009
Dewes (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
It is not a bargain, looks great but useless as a watch. I got two of this watches but both stops working perodically.