on July 18, 2014
Fine quality. People mistake it for a Daytona regularly...awesome.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on June 10, 2014
For the record, I struggled between giving this a 3 or 4. If I could give half stars, I would have given it 3.5, so I was generous and rounded up.

The watch is almost a dead on homage to the Rolex Datejust which is the reason I bought it. I like the look of it, but already have a nice swiss mechanical chronograph (Omega Speedmaster Professional) and I don't have $10k+ to purchase the real deal. Do I dove into this one.

Some observation:

- Quartz movement is good, accurate, durable, and reliable.

- Watch looks great on the wrist from other peoples perspective, but a close examination shows the case was poorly brushed on the lugs and inadequately polished. Also, there was black soot on the lugs that two or three rounds in my ultra sonic cleaner to get off, which removed some of the back lettering on the bezel as well. It wasn't so bad that I wanted to send it back, but it clearly should not have passed quality control even at the $100 price range.

- The bracelet is surprisingly well built and comfortable at this price range. Invicta has some issues overall with their products (misleading advertisements, false or misleading history/heritage/lineage, Jersey Shore-esqe watch designs, hit or miss quality control, and rude customer service staff), but their bracelets are probably the best at their price point.

- The screw down crown and screw down pushers work flawlessly.

- The one thing that threw me for a loop is the 24 hour sundial located on the right. I was expecting an hour totalizer, but given its a quartz watch operating on batteries, it isn't all that surprising.

Overall, I'd recommend this watch. Its modeled after a true classic and is well built and represents a good value. Good luck on getting one thats finished a bit nicer or had better QC leaving the plant.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again