5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Mesmerizer!
Published on May 29, 2011 by J Sizzle

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and terrible customer service from Invicta
Published 15 months ago by Pen Name

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Mesmerizer!, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
I received this watch last weekend (early Father's Day gift from the fam) and absolutely love it! It it built like a tank, looks like a million bucks, and is just a stunning watch. The fit and finish are exceptional, the materials are very nice, and it is comfortable even though it is truly gargantuan. I have a Tag Heuer Kirium and the Invicta makes it look like a ladies' watch. The attention to detail on the outside is only rivaled by that given to the inside. The exhibition case back is very cool, as is the screw down crown and beefy polyurethane strap and buckle. Very handsome watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like big face Invictas, this is your choice., March 7, 2012
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
I've had 7 Invictas, and this is the best. The band is rugged and the metal cylindrical inserts really set off the tough polyurethane. From what I can count, there are at least 6 levels of cogs and springs. The open guts and the awesome crown with chain make this watch a time piece. I fell asleep in it and woke up covered with women.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and terrible customer service from Invicta, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
I bought the watch as a gift and the hands broke off in the watch within 60 days of purchase and 30 days of my friend receiving it. He wore it only seven times before the watch broke. When I called Invicta Customer Service and explained the situation, they told me there was nothing they could do because, "I was outside of the 45 day return/replacement period as stated on page 56 of the policy handbook". I informed them I had never received a policy handbook, which she informed me was my responsibility to download from their website (even though I purchased it from Amazon). I was then informed I had to pay for shipping to send the watch back to them with a note describing the problem and requesting a replacement. I was also informed I had to send a $28.00 check in order for them to send me a new watch. Disgusted that I had to pay THREE shipping fees for one watch that was defective after seven uses and one month after being opened, I will never purchase an Invicta watch again. The customer service agent hung up without giving me the shipping address, so I had to call back and go through the entire, terrible customer service experience again! I recommend purchasing from a different company. It was probably the worst customer service I have ever received. Both Invicta representatives were rude over the phone and took no responsibility for their poor product/quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars For Better or Worse!!, June 17, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
Just received this watch on Wednesday. Wanted a non-battery powered watch. This is an old school winder. Beware, this watch is huge; the largest in my collection. I knew this before I bought it so it was no surprise on the size. The attention to detail is excellent. The skeletonized face shows great detail. Similar watches show much less detail. This is not a serious diver watch, but more of a fashion Russian Diver which is good to 165 feet versus over 300 feet. When you wear this watch, it will make a real statement in size and detailed looks. There is no date window but it does have a separate second hand to the left of center. You will have no problem telling time. There is a tag in the watch box with the suggested price of $1395.00. I also own several other Invicta watches and they have all been superior in workmanship with a good price; all purchased at Amazon.com. A follow up on this watch. When changing the time two weeks ago the watch stem literally out. I can't return the watch to Amazon and it will really cost to return it to the manufacturer. This watch is a lemon and I really got stuck. Amazon should do something to continue to keep me as a customer. All other Invicta watches have been excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russian Diver Torpedo!, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
A Torpedo of Time, Russian Diver Collection gets a compliment to it's collection when Invicta released a very appealing Skeleton Watch that although doesn't have Swiss Movement still works like a charm.

This piece, a skeleton watch with both back and front views, also known as a Skeleton with Exhibition Back, is aesthetically amazing. It does not need 24K Gold, Diamonds and a whole bunch of Swarovski Crystals embedded everywhere, it seems that the more "blingy" a watch looks the better it will sell in this current market. Nothing could be further from the truth.

In fact it's the simplicity of watching time tick away that leaves you feeling satisfied with the Invicta Russian Diver Skeleton.

My reasoning for giving this watch a 4 star review is mainly due to it's striking pose, combine that with an affordable price which swayed me to change this to 5 stars. You get a great watch for an even better price - I paid $130 for mine, the MSRP of $1395 is quite off but the MSRP for nearly all of Invicta's pieces are by no means a guide to the value of the watch.

The watch does not scratch easily, it has had 3 months of wear, and I would wear it at least once a week, I would wear it more often than normal if it wasn't so big, if you have a small wrist or if you have not seen a Invicta Russian Diver in person, you may want to reconsider as this watch truly is a beast, so much so that it took at least a month of wear until I felt comfortable having what felt like a couple of pounds on my wrist.

Also of note is this watch and it's huge crown, annoyingly if you do not put the watch on properly and it slips loosely on your wrist you will find that the crown and it's massive cap, connected by a chain, will hit your wrist and can be quite uncomfortable. This problem would also arise if your wrist was too small.

Fortunately I had a number of Russian Divers and know how big they are so this was not an issue.

In conclusion Invicta have laid down a solid foundation of Skeleton Watches that look the part, this model may not have the luxury of Swiss Movement but the manual wind is not so bad and it keeps time well.

You would be hard pressed to find a large watch like this with Skeleton features front and back for less than $150, if you can, good luck to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
This watch is an absolute head turner. I get a number of compliments throughout the day on it. The design is impeccable, and the feel of it is very sturdy. I was worried at first about the polyurethane band because that is not really my style but honestly now that I have it I really don't mind it at all. Also the price I bought it for you just can't beat, all in all great purchase!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Favorite!, June 17, 2013
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
This truly is a watch that should and does retail for over
$ 1000.oo dollars. I own 9 invictas and this is one of my favorite. It goes great with larger stainless steel and sterling jewelry peices I couple it with. I've gotten many complements and the interior clock-work is intricate and amazing for the price I paid...

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, however..., July 23, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
This is my fourth Invicta and I have always liked the Russian Diver so when I saw it on Amazon I had to have it. I was excited when it came in. However, when I opened it I found couple scratches on the bezel. Also, it wasn't until about a month into owning this watch when I realized by seeing it elsewhere and by reviewing the back side that it is missing the Tritnite material. This was really disappointing. Nevertheless I still like the watch and receive lots of complements. Good job Invicta.

3.0 out of 5 stars Broken upon receipt, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
I had this watch mailed to my ship in the middle east. As soon as I opened the box and hand wound the watch, I discovered that the hands didn't start moving. The watch is a hand wind, and (being this is my first hand wind watch), I assumed that it should start immediately after winding. I'm not sure if it was a shipping problem or from the actually manufacturer, but just a warning all the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loved it, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Invicta Russian Diver Mechanical Mens Watch 1088 (Watch)
Husband loves Invicta and this was big enough for him and a great value. This is the second watch I bought from amazon and will do it again

Rate and Discover Movies