5.0 out of 5 stars A looker, stylish, and classy!
Published on June 14, 2006 by Vince

3.0 out of 5 stars No response from Invicta customer service
Published on September 8, 2007 by D. Snyder

5.0 out of 5 stars A looker, stylish, and classy!, June 14, 2006
This review is from: Invicta Men's 9212 "Speedway Collection" 18k Gold Plating and Stainless Steel Two-Tone Watch (Watch)
On the first day of wearing it, I had a number of people look and ask about it. "Nice watch." "How much is it?" "What kind is it?" "Where can I get it?" I got comments from women and men! Even after I told them what brand and how much I got it for, they still took 2-5 mins closely examining it! Too bad, my father liked it so much he asked for it the next day. This watch is very stylish. It has an elegant, stylish, classy, rich look to it that you might not expect from a thick, large watch, even if you have chicken sized wrist like me. It is heavy, but this heaviness is more of the "solid feel" heavy, not an overbearing heavy. I have a Tag, Movado, Omega, Citizen, ESQ, but I think this is the best watch to wear in most occassions if I didn't have time to come home and switch watches to go to an event. I think I'll order another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Even Think About It! Pull That Trigger..., September 22, 2009
Charles Carrol posted the most useful review that you will probably need on this watch in October '07. I can only try to tack on a bit. He also posted several of the customer pictures of this watch. Thanks, Charles. I'm guessing you're a potential friend over at [...]. There are only a couple of things updated or important to note: 1) the listing here says the watch is a 39 mm case design. I checked the Invicta web site and the model listed is 44 mm; the one I received was the smaller one, unfortunately. This is a very popular size, for an older watch, but by today's standards looks small. Maybe you'll get lucky and get the larger one? 2) The price has fluctuated, but right now, it is about $70.00 (but worth more than that; honest). Run, do not walk to get your credit card information. ShopNBC and World of Watches, etc. have never beat that price to my knowledge. 3) The Japanese Myiota movement, made directly and distributed by Seiko Watch Corp., is very accurate and conserves the battery juice. Were this watch a Swiss movement it would be several times the price, but the basic watch functions would not be better. As Charles also said, the Chrono is OK, but it is probably not for someone who lives to hit the drag strip or racetrack every weekend. There are 1/10th second chronos out there in the $100.00 range much more accurate or time critical. Most of us will probably never really use the Chrono, but it looks cool. 4) The gold plating is Invicta's 23 karat Swiss certified/patented method and is guaranteed not to chip, crack, fade or peel during the warranty period. Eyal Laylo, the Invicta Company President, has scratched these gold plated watches with a sharp knife (with a lot of effort) just to demonstrate the gold color is under the scratches! It is fused into the stainless steel. Depending on the age of the watch that ships to you, you might get an upgraded watch crystal. The watch crystal now is "Flame Fusion" which is a mineral crystal (glass) fused chemically/melted together with the sapphire instead of just having a sapphire layer or just a hardened crystal that scratches easy-er. This is supposed to provide a clear, glare-free, tough, scratch resistant surface for your crystal that won't peel off or give you problems. If you get an older model, it might be just hardened crystal.
This watch looks every bit the Rolex Daytona part it was carved out to resemble. It looks sharp, does what it is supposed to do with style and is priced like a "beater" watch right now. You won't regret this purchase, and gifting it will make even a watch geek smile! Even though I have more watches than I can now count, I added this one as a must have to any collection; especially at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks competes with Rolex Daytona, May 20, 2007
I own this watch.

If you do a web search for the Rolex Daytona and you look at a close up picture of it side by side with the Invicta Speedway you may find as I that the Invicta looks every bit as nice and some may even think better.

While all functions on the Speedway work as described, they are not the same as the Daytona and the fact is the Daytona would be the better watch for timing purposes. However, if that was really an issue with me I would want something larger (hand held) and most likely I would prefer a digital read out. And of course you have to remember the Speedway here is $129 and not $8K plus!

The watch has run flawless for me and it looks much, much better than pictured. It is rather large but I like the size and feel. I have an average wrist size and in fact had to remove 3 links and still feel the watch looks nice and is not to large for my arm.

The gold plating is very highly polished and my only concern is, as it is plating and not solid gold, will that be a problem down the road. For that reason I do not wear the watch every day or when I think I would be doing something that would be hard on any of my jewelry. However, if I had the Rolex I would not be wearing it while working with my hands either. For that matter, I have a timex for that reason. As you can not see through plating, this looks every bit as good as solid gold. If this is an issue for you, you may want to look at the all stainless version of this watch.

This is my third Invicta and I purchased a forth for my wife. All have been trouble free.

At this price I am very happy with my purchase and have no second thoughts about it at all. Every time I have it on I get comments on the watch. I rate this watch at 4.5 stars with the only one draw back that keeps it from getting 5 stars. The product (tritenite) Invicta uses to illuminate in the dark dims rather quickly. This is the case with all Invicta watches as to date and I always take off a half to full point for that reason alone. This may not be an issue for you at all.

Bottom line it is a fabulous looking time piece. It looks every bit as good as the Rolex that cost thousands and it has a very, very modest price. I have no second thoughts about this purchase.

Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars No response from Invicta customer service, September 8, 2007
It is a nice looking watch and I only have one complaint -- the hour subdial does not reset to zero. Yes, I read the instructions in the manual. In fact I also went to the Invicta website for additional information. After repeatedly attempting to reset the subdial I sent an email to Invicta asking for assistance. I have waited over a week for a response -- very poor customer service. I will give them one more week to respond. If I don't hear from them I will return the watch. Hopefully they read these reviews and will realize that not only are they on the verge of losing one customer, but prospective customers might look elsewhere after reading of Invicta's poor customer assistance department.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, August 17, 2012
The Invicta 9212 watch pictured on Amazon has a bar at each hour on the face. The watch I received did not have bars at the 3 an 9 position. In my research I found that the difference in appearance was an indication that the chronograph movement has been changed from the original version of the watch which is pictured on Amazon. The original version had a Miyota OS20 movement, with the large second hand at rest until you activate the chrono function. The watch I received had the large second hand continuously running, which indicates an inferior chronograph movement. I returned the watch. Buyer beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible experience, December 15, 2012
Malfunction straight away. Random slowness, was not battery. Hardtoken return as a defective item. Disappointed at such high reviews but low quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy Invicta two-tone, September 3, 2011
ttjones19846 (Saint Louis MO USA) - See all my reviews
I received two Invicta watches as a gift at the same time. One of them was the 9212, and it looked good out of the box. After you wear them 10-15 times all of the gold will start coming off the band. This did happen on both of them. I would never buy another Invicta that is two-tone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Second hand, October 28, 2005
D. Haggerty (Los Angeles, Ca. USA) - See all my reviews
The second hand on this watch is just above the 6 oclock position. If that is not moving, you've got a problem. The large "second" hand is the cronograph. Unscrew the upper crown till it stops. Push to activate the crono, push again to stop. Unscrew the lower crown and push for two seconds to reset. Be sure to screw the crowns back down, or your watch will not be waterproof .

I think this is a pretty good watch for the money. My only gripe is with the "Tritnite luminous hands". Seems like the same glow in the dark luminiferous crap they have always used.

3.0 out of 5 stars VERY Disappointed!! BEAUTIFUL watch but VERY disappointed!, June 30, 2010
Length:: 3:30 Mins

HEED D. HAGGERTY'S REVIEW(LA)(2005) What he says is TRUE - If the SMALL Second's Hand (the one just above the 6 o'clock position) is not moving, on a REGULAR basis, there is a problem!!! The LARGE Second's Hand (the one in the CENTER, is ONLY supposed to move when the Chronograph function is ACTIVATED and is supposed to revert to the Twelve O'clock position when you reset the chronograph function. Even [...] has a video which shows how the watch is SUPPOSED to work and so does Rolex (the Daytona is what this watch is supposed to emulate). I fell in LOVE with this model, very classy yet appropriate for everyday use. If you're a NASCAR freak, like me, the CORRECT operation of the Chronograph is important. Well, "HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM"!!! I was VERY unlucky to not only buy TWO of these from Amazon (bought the first one, returned it, and then bought a REPLACEMENT), BOTH bad as described above but, THEN went ahead and bought two from [...], ALSO both bad as described above. Invicta has a whole bunch of these circulating and they don't seem to care. I sent Invicta TWO E-mails with ZERO response. I then filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau (by the way, D- Rating), not because of the watch but, because of their lousy customer service (MOST of the complaints on the BBB website are regarding Customer Service). Their response to the BBB did not relate to my complaint of their lousy customer service at all. They EVADED by saying they would have no problem repairing the watch, that was it!! Please keep in mind, I have no complaints against Amazon WHATSOEVER!!! I am sure that Invicta put's out a good product however, if you get a defective one, don't even bother to try and get it repaired. RETURN IT AT ONCE, otherwise, you'll wait forever to get the watch back and/or get any response out of Invicta at all (I've read a whole bunch of reviews about that one). GOOD LUCK!!! Check out my video demonstrating the problem. Thanx!

1.0 out of 5 stars I Do NOT recommend to anyone!!!!!, January 19, 2013
I have Purchased and received 2 peices of this watch and I can say that this is the worst thing I've ever ordered in my life.

the watch it self looks good, but it is not working properly, and always either ahead or later than the actual time, no matter how many times I had it readjusted.

I strongly do NOT recommend anybody to buy this thing as it is a waste of money and time.

Rate and Discover Movies