5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch with Big Face
Published on February 9, 2008 by J. Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst watch ever owned
Junk owned this watch for 6 months and it just stopped working, I called Invicta customer service and they told me to send $28.00 for return shipping and it would take at least 90 days to get it back, live and learn I guess I'll stick with Seiko from now on.
Published 18 months ago by Unhappy buyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch with Big Face, February 9, 2008
This review is from: Invicta Men's 3044 Stainless Steel Grand Diver Automatic Watch (Watch)
The standard 8926 is listed in Invicta's 2008 catalog as having a 43mm diameter and this 3044 is listed as having a 47mm diameter crown, which doesn't seem like much difference, just 4mm. Well, the 4mm makes a huge difference. The images in Invicta's catalog don't come close to showing how big the face of this watch is, compared to the standard 8926. Also with the bigger face, the luminous hour markers are bigger than those on the 8926, making the face brighter and easier to read in the dark. The bracelet is scaled bigger too, compared to the bracelet on the 8926, 22mm vs 20mm. The hinge on the bracelet is a precision made hinge instead of the stamped sheet hinge of the 8926. The exhibition case back, as on the 8926, is a nice touch for us automatic watch fans. The watch has a diving helmet on the face and band. The Invicta name is prominent on the face, side of the case and clasp. The scalloped edge bezel similar to an Omega. It is a pretty watch on it's own, styled much like classic Swiss diving watches. The automatic movement, especially with the viewing window on the back of the case, is for us old school automatic watch enthusiasts. Being an automatic it will not keep time as precise as a quartz watch. I have found mine to be one minute per week fast, which is acceptable for an automatic for me. I was looking for an automatic diver with a big easy to read face, classic styling, reasonably priced, this works for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars grand diver, January 9, 2007
Huge!!! This watch is gigantic. Very commanding, lots of compliments. Runs a little fast about 5 min a month. Great value. I would buy more Invictas anytime!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT WATCH, October 12, 2011
This is a beautiful watch.I always wanted a Rolex but the price prevented me from purchasing one . Now that I have this one ,I don't feel a desire for a Rolex anymore,that's how good looking it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 17, 2007
Received my watch last week and I love it.

It is very large and heavy. It looks great and looks professional. The price of this watch is a bargain, it could easily be priced much higher.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst watch ever owned, July 22, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Grand Diver model # 3044, July 4, 2013
I bought this watch from JCPenney about five years ago. Overall, the watch seemed to be holding up with a few problems. The pins that hold the band links together began to loosen and eventually break. I actually caught the watch as it was falling off my wrist. I replaced the pins with new ones from the links that were removed from sizing the watch. However, in December of 2012, the watch band broke again and I couldn't catch it. The shock broke loose pieces of the face and the watch stopped working all together. This is all from daily wear.

I called Customer Service, and found it very difficult to get through to them. I would wait on hold for 20 to 25 minutes to be told that all representatives are busy. No return call for the message that I left, only nothing for a couple weeks. After finally getting in touch with a human being at Invicta, I made arrangements to ship the watch.

I sent the watch in late January of this year(2013), and it wasn't until four weeks later that I received an email stating the needed repairs and the price. I attempted to do this online, but their site is not very user friendly once you get past the smoke and mirrors. It required a customer service representative to complete, and the phone call situation remained the same. I was assured that it would take 90 days for the repairs as of the end of February. I did not hear from Invicta until I sent customer service representative an email to check on the status approximately 90 days later. I was told that my watch would be completed and returned in June. This would be 120 days rather than 90 days. I finally received the watch at the end of June.

The watch looked good, and seemed to function appropriately. I went swimming with my children the other day, and upon diving into the water the watch bezel broke off. No, I wasn't rock diving from a cliff in Hawaii, or the high dive, it was the edge of the gymnasium pool. It is not worth the time and hassle to pay for the watch to be repaired, and I will have to figure something out.

Will I ever buy an Invicta watch again? No. Nor can I recommend it to anyone who actually wants a quality watch. I have owned many cheaper priced watches in my life, Timex and Casio. They have all held up to greater hardship and functioned flawlessly. When I was in the military, I beat my GShock to death on a daily basis. It never quit until a good 12 years later the outer casing finally broke. The watch continued to work. I like a nice, classy watch, and I hope to have one someday. It isn't the Invicta Grand Diver.

WBJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic look and style, October 25, 2012
Tara (San Pedro, CA) - See all my reviews
I own over 20 watches from G-Shock, Nixon, Fossil, Diesel, Citizen, etc., and I can honestly say this is easily one of my favorite if not THE favorite watch I own. I have been constantly searching for a watch that I could easily wear everyday at work but that could also double as a dressy watch.

This is it.

I have purchased quite a few watches online through Amazon and eBay but am usually let down by the appearance when it comes in the mail. The looks of a watch on the internet can be deceiving since some sites have very few detailed images and of course every person's wrist size is different. Happened with a Citizen watch I bought...ended up being way too small for my taste on my large wrist. I have always wanted an Invicta and stumbled across this style one day browsing through Amazon. I always thoroughly read the reviews and try to see photos of how it looks on people. I am not going to lie, I was kinda skeptical about ordering this watch because the photos do not do it justice.

Let me just say, this watch is gorgeous. I have only had it four days but have already received numerous compliments. It does indeed have a larger face and is also heavier but compared to my Nixon 51-30, which is like wearing a kettlebell, it fits just right. Very striking in appearance it commands a look but doesn't scream LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!! I took it to a jewelry/watch shop and had it sized to fit my wrist and it feels very comfortable. I love that it doesn't require a battery but works off of your movement or self-winding the crown.

As I said, this is my first Invicta but it won't be my last. High quality materials, look and style. If you are looking for a nice in between watch this is definitely the one for you. Would definitely buy this over and over again. Also if you like the oversize face style but faces of a Diesel and Nixon are TOO big....then consider this.

Well done Invicta, well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dive Weight, January 30, 2013
It sounds like I'm joking but you can leave one of the weights off your dive belt this will help get you to the bottom of the ocean.I love the look of this thing it's big and solid and weighs about a pound. It has solid end links, machined clasp, and a very hefty bracelet.The watch itself has a very reliable seiko hackable automatic movement +/- 5 seconds a day which is very compairable to some more expensive watches. The fit and finish is equal to the Orient Mako XL that I own.Worth every penny I gave for it ! Take the plunge but don't drown in debt very reasonable very heavy great deal go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational....................., March 12, 2007
Trust me....if you can't afford a Rolex Submariner, this is the next best thing you'll find at an under $200 price range.........

1.0 out of 5 stars I would have chosen to give thiswatch zero stars., June 24, 2014
I would have chosen to give this watch zero stars, but that wasn't an option. This watch did not keep the correct time, it was delivered with smudges and dirt under the glass, and within 2 months of owning it, the watch fell apart. I am extremely disappointed and feel cheated. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WATCH. spend a few more dollars and get a well known brand that stands behind it's product. OR, keep your receipt when you buy this piece of junk, as you will most certainly be needing it.