5.0 out of 5 stars For Serious Watch-Lovers!
Published on December 19, 2009 by D. Morales

1.0 out of 5 stars Band broke!
The band on this watch broke with very limited use .. Invicta should offer free or discounted replacement of this poor quality band. $92 to replace it is a scam.
Published 15 months ago by S V

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars For Serious Watch-Lovers!, December 19, 2009
This review is from: Invicta Men's 5511 Subaqua Collection Chronograph Watch (Watch)
I have 3 Invicta watches and this is by far my favorite! It is large, heavy, eye-catching and very elegant. I wear it to work and for play on the weekends and it suits me well in both worlds. The crown is large, very detailed and fun, while the band is made of very durable rubber, perfect for folks who type often and scratch their steel / metal bands. I strongly recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Heavy" on style ..., January 30, 2011
This is my first review of any item, "ever"online ... :-)

I bought this watch for my birthday - it is my first Invicta. I had seen it a month or so earlier and liked the style, but didn't feel "pressed" to buy it because I already own several nice watches (could I justify to myself buying another watch; the last watch I bought was an expensive Glashutte in May 2005). However, using my birthday as an excuse, I decided to give it a "try" since it was so affordable. The day after I bought it, I wore it all day around the house to be sure I would be ok with not only the bulk of it, but also the weight. Well, I decided to keep it despite the size and weight - I just really liked the style.

My wife took me to the Bahamas for my birthday a couple of days later. I wore this watch all the time during this week - including on a snorkling trip (yes, it is water proof though I didn't get to test it in deeper waters such as on a scuba dive). I received a few really nice compliments on my watch (from natives and other tourists) and a whole lot more glances/looks, even at the jewelry/watch stores so prevalent in the Bahamas. It's hard not to notice this watch - though it's BIG, I was very pleased that the compliments were about the style. It didn't take long for me to get used to the bulk and weight of this watch. More importantly, the more I wore it, the more I liked it every time I looked at it on my wrist. I began to notice that not only is it an attractive watch generally, but it also has a subdued sparkle from the polished stainless steel numbers on a subdued stainless steel background (though it was overcast a lot, the sun did come out often enough for me to take notice of this effect in the sunlight).

I came back from the Bahamas to a surprise party my wife had organized. Among my friends, I received several compliments from both men and women on this watch. Again, it's hard not to notice it. I try to keep it real - meaning that although "I" must like a watch in order for me to buy it, a few compliments along the way definitely mitigates any buyer's remorse and makes the "inner" smiles bigger.

This affordable watch looks and feels "expensive" - even the embossed logo/model name on the back gives [me] a sense of the quality workmanship put into this watch. I've only owned it a week, but I don't get a sense from the quality that I'll experience any problems down the road, but we'll see.

Finally, this is NOT a good looking quality watch for the price, it's simply a good looking quality watch - period.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the watch, not sure about the company, February 28, 2011
I just purchased this watch from Costco two weeks ago (for over $300.00 less than Amazon sells it for, sorry Amazon!). I love the watch, but the pin that holds the band on just fell off causing the watch to tumble to the floor. The pin is actually two pieces: a very long pin with a screw head on one end, and a screw that secures the other end. When I checked the remaining pin sure enough, it was loose.

I looked into Invicta warranty service and it appears that they would require me to send the watch in and wait 90 days for the repair (at least that's what their web site said when I opened a repair request).

So it's back to Costco with the watch. I suspect that Costco will replace it without question, they're pretty darn good about that. However I'd suggest that anybody who purchases one of these watches should periodically check the security of the pin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Band broke!, October 9, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars won't last long, November 13, 2013
My review is for this particular watch and overall ALL OF INVICTA WATCHES. I own 6 invicta watches and EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS HAD A PROBLEM. The main problem with all of them is their wrist bands, they simply SUCK. Every single one of them has a broken wrist band and i rarely use them, apart from that the one that i have with a durable wrist band which is a gun metal flame fusion crystal army black mother of pearl one gets humid all the time inside and has water evaporation in the inside which caused it to stop working. For the $300 to nearly #$1,000 i've paid for some, they're truly dissapointing, and as an ex fan of them they're def. not worth what you pay specially when you have to pay nearly $100-$200 to ship and get them fixed. STEP UP YOUR GAME INVICTA! Theres not much point in having a nice design that doesn't work or you can't wear!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible bands, November 1, 2012
I have 10 watches that range from $200 all the way to $1500. I love the look of this watch. But. In 10 months the band broke twice, lost a screw, received the wrong screws etc. etc. In a total of 10 months I wore the watch max 20 days. Extremely disappointed, the bands on these watches are a joke and the service delays terrible.

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is a steal!, June 24, 2011
The pictures do not capture how good it really looks. i have owned this watch for about 2 weeks now and every time i go out i get complimented on it. as with the rest of invicta watches part of their marketing is expensive retail prices and deep discounts. the 5511 "retails" for $1995.00 and it looks like thats how much you should of paid for it. very comfortable but it does take awhile to get used to the weight. for most its probably not the best choice for an everyday watch. this thing is massive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad A** Watch, June 24, 2011
I just got my 511 Subaqua Chronograph and I am impressed. The watch is definately not for everyone, but it is eyecatching. It is a big watch even for my size but at the same time looks great. I am in the military and wear a cheapo but dependable Casio as my work watch and wanted to upgrade my going out watches and this was a great pick. This dwarfs my Casio and my Relic watch by both width and size, but looks so much better. I was a little worried with the plastic band but the watch face and look it works. The directions and crown face to adjust the watch tim and date is fairly easy....if you struggle just follow the directions and play with it. The only problem I may have is making this my only Invicta watch because the Venom may be my next buy. In all a very good look looking and practical watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size Matters..., February 12, 2011
Howard Waxman (Newport News, VA USA) - See all my reviews
... and this watch is large and in charge!

I get giddy every time I wear the 5511. I love the design of the face and the black/stainless styling is beautiful. It really looks better in-hand than in the photos which simply do not convey the size and industrial design of the watch. The chronograph is simple to operate and easy to read as-is the time and date. Operation is intuitive. I hope it holds up well. Invicta...my new obsession! What to get next...?

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, bold and beautiful, November 8, 2012
I had my eyes set on the 5511 for more than a year, but found the $2K retail price a bit steep. So I waited - and lo and behold - found one on sale for around $300. At that price, buying this magnificent watch was a complete no-brainer for me. IMHO a very well balanced watch with a rugged, solid feel to it. It's big and chunky, but not so big that it makes your hands look puny, and it's certainly not too heavy (especially not compared to the Subaqua 6561 that I also own).
All in all a very pretty watch that is comfortable to wear and brings a smile to my face whenever I need to tell the time. Oh, and did I mention that it has a really cool glow-in-the-dark feature in which the entire white ring that surrounds the outside of the watch disc is illuminated along with the two smaller chronometer rings.? Very nifty...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›