Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 8, 2013
The appearance of the watch is fine. It does have a slight odor to the band but it is not overwhelming. Functionally speaking though, it is not as appealing. I bought it for function, not for appearance. The face has no lighting at all so at night, can't see it. The three small circular areas represent day of week, date, and seconds and I cannot see any of those without my reading glasses so if you require readers, you will likely have to have them on to see those regions of the watch. There is a bold print pamphlet in the watch box which says on the front "Important information STOP and READ" which I did stop and read, and it said (among other things) to register your watch at the envicta website to qualify for the one year warranty. I went to the website to register my watch for that warranty only to find that I did not have the information I needed to do that. To register, you must have a warranty number which the site says is found on the warranty registration packaged with your watch. There was no such number found on any of the paperwork sent with the watch and there was no form entitled "warranty registration." Lastly, when I read through the information on the "stop and read" pamphlet it says "if your watch should require service, please send it with a copy of your original purchase invoice and a check payable to Invicta Watch in the amount of $28.00 to cover the cost of shipping and handling." And later, "repairs to the watch that are not covered under warranty will be subject to additional charges. Please allow up to 90 days for repair." I did not pursue any further information to get my watch registered for warranty with that kind of shipping fee as I would be better off just buying another watch (timex) rather than trying to have it fixed. It is packaged in a nice box though. If I had the information I just gave you, prior to purchase, I would NOT have considered purchasing this watch. You have the info, use it to make your own judgement to buy or not to buy.
on December 5, 2012
Let me start by saying, I'm not a watch person. But I needed one for an EMS class, so I started browsing. I needed a watch with a second hand and I wanted one with indiglo hands, not face. Plus, I wanted it to be plain silver and black. This watch fits all of my needs. It arrived quickly and packaged nicely. The directions for setting the time, day, and date were easy to understand. I really like the day and date dials, no need to pull my phone out in class to remember them. I was worried about the smell because of reviews before me. Thankfully, mine smells like what I would imagine rubber chocolate smells like. It's kind of pleasant in a way. The only thing I'm not crazy about, and I should have anticipated this, is it's a little heavy for my very small wrists. But, for all the extras it offers, I'm more than happy to get used to the weight. For all of it's features and the price, it's beautiful and functional, and if that's what you're looking for, this is the watch for you.
on June 23, 2011
This is a good sport watch, but if you have allergies or asthma, be aware that the watch band has a very strong odor! I was having an asthma attack and I didn't know the reason, I could smell a very strong smell that I didn't know where it was coming from until I actually smelled the watch. The smell was not as strong when I received it, but I think because of the heat and sweat it started to smell. I had to put it outside my window to let it air out for at least two days before I was able to wear it, now it is fine and I like it a lot. It is a silicone band so it will make you arm a little sweaty, but I really like the Invicta brand and it is a good watch for a casual day.
on July 22, 2011
I think the watch is made well, and the price is great. The issue is it smells horrible. I am not the first person to mention this, perhaps this is why they are on such a huge discount? I can't handle it and have to return it.
on August 10, 2014
I have this Invicta watch with a cranberry strap as well as the black. They are very sporty looking and comfortable. I wear them for work or play as they are very well made. The strap is very sturdy and fits well. It is nice not to have to take it to have links removed like I do with my bracelet watches. I am so glad I bought this watch.
on September 12, 2011
The watch is really nice, but the bandwatch has a awful smell maybe is the material I don't know, but I think that invicta needs to improve that and use another material or find a way to take that smell off.
I gave it away the watch, so, I'm not satisfied with it.

Thanks!!
on August 28, 2014
Great watch it has a slight smell but not noticeable unless its right under your nose (I do not know why those other people were complaining). Love the colors and texture of the watch. Comes in a lovely box with great presentation.
on June 11, 2015
I bought t hi so watch for my daughter and she loved it. After about 4 months the black rings inside fell off causing the watch to malfunction. My daughter loved the watch so much that I bought her another one. Keeping my fingers crossed that it was anisolated incident.
on November 7, 2012
I read all the reviews and was weiry, like everyone, about this odd smell. So let's address that right away. Yes there is an odor, but it isn't out of control and for an elite watch at an 85 percent reduced rate...the odor is barely noticeable. As soon as the watch leaves the beautiful handcrafted box, the smell lessens. So remember what an amazing deal you received, and what a well crafted time machine you have, and the smell will get less and less.

Now the we are done with the smell, let's talk about what counts...the watch. It is terrific. The right size, the strap is comfortable and sporty. And, yes it does get hot when you workout with it, but that happens when you workout with wearing watches.

I loved everything, so why didn't I rate it a 5? Two reasons. First, the face does not light up in any way, so when it is dark you cannot see the watch. Second, the inserts inside the face of the watch display the seconds, date, and day of the week. I can make out the day, but I don't have the eyes when it comes to the other two. But it does look nice, but useless for me and I'm only 45.

All in all I love the watch. Very pleased. And never completed a review until now. Some things you just can't stay quiet.
on June 7, 2015
I got this watch in Dec. of 2013. It does keep time very well. I haven't yet had to change the battery, and the second hand and day of the week dial are nice. I generally don't take off the watch. I like the chunky look and feel. All the dials worked for about a month. The date function stopped working no matter what I did to try to reset it. The numbers on the bezel have started to wear off. The crystal is NOT scratch resistant. The watch band is tearing, and the loops to keep the excess band down tore a long time ago. The luminous hands are essentially glow in the dark. They need to "charge" in light, and it doesn't last very long.