4.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Compliments!
Published on May 30, 2009 by Vanessa W

3.0 out of 5 stars A little clumsy but nice
Published 15 months ago by Catherynne A. Jean

4.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Compliments!, May 30, 2009
This review is from: Invicta Women's 5377 "Angel" Diamond-Accented Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I admit, I am a watchhead. I bought this watch, not expecting much, intending it to be my daily "beater" watch for work but have been very surprised and have received almost daily compliments. As the specifications indicate, it is a bit large for a medium/slim lady's wrist (in a good way), is tall (not a low profile watch - so beware of tight shirt cuffs) and has tiny tiny diamonds (just enough to reflect...not look like blingy sparkle). While this is not comparable to my Tag, Jaeger or Omega but it is a solidly made watch for the money. Good value!

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite presence on the wrist, December 21, 2009
I have been looking at this watch online for months and finally decided to get it for myself for Christmas. Yes, it is larger than you might think, and it has some definite weight to it, but the quality of this piece is very impressive. Remember that this watch retailed for $695 ....... it is no flimsy watch by any stretch of the imagination. The face is large and it is thick. I followed the instructions to set the time, etc., and had no problems doing so. I also ordered the Invicta watch sizing tool when I ordered the watch. It came with no instructions (who dropped the ball on that one?), but if you read the reviews on the tool, the best reviewer gave an excellent written instructional tutorial. It may have taken him 5 minutes to remove his links, but it did take me longer. But once I got the hang of it, it was smooth sailing. I had to watch a YouTube video on how to operate the deployment clasp. It is a bit difficult to open despite knowing how.....it is tight, which may be a good thing in the grand scheme of things. I have a thing for watches and definitely expect this watch to draw a fair amount of attention and commentary. It has a definite presence on the wrist and is quite the impressive piece. If you do not like large faces, heavy weight, and thickness in a watch, then do not order this. The box that it comes in is very impressive except for the mustard yellow color. Who decided that was a good idea, Invicta???? So, other than the color, the packaging is superb. If you are considering this watch as a gift, and if you give the box a quality wrapping job, when the recipient opens it, it will be darned impressive. I absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, February 8, 2010
la lola (Seattle, Washington) - See all my reviews
It was between this watch and the Bulova Marine Star watch which is two and a half times more expensive. I tried the Bulova watch on in a local jewelery store and was not impressed enough to spend the additional money. I ordered the Invicta watch and was amazed. It is, in my opinion, more impressive and beautiful than the Bulova watch. The Invicta watch face is slightly larger and stands a bit taller off the wrist. The Invicta watch has a dial which shows the day of the week (the Bulova does not) in addition to the date which I think is a neat feature. Also, the Invicta watch has a beautiful blue crystal accent on the knob which is actually lighter in color than it appears in the photograph. I took it to my local jeweler and had 5 links removed. Even the jeweler commented on what a beautiful time piece it is. I feel like I got such a great deal on this watch and could not be more pleased. I liked that a purchaser of the Bulova watch added pictures of it on her wrist and wished someone had done that with this watch before I purchased it so I added some pictures of this amazing watch on my wrist to help those of you that are on the fence. You will not be disappointed with this watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky!, November 14, 2009
B. Tamarin (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This is exactly what I was looking for - big and chunky. I had to have a TON of links removed as the chain was huge. Also, it took awhile to figure out how to get the watch on and off. In fact, the jeweler had to sit with me for 5 minutes so I could figure it out. The jeweler said he'd never seen a clasp so difficult before. Other than that, the watch is stunning. Huge, chunky and certainly NOT cheap looking as other reviewers have stated. It looks bold. It is not a dainty little timepiece but rather a bold fashion statement. Looks exactly as pictured.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely fantastic & beautiful!, January 31, 2010
this watch is beautiful! i bought it after months of looking at other watches similar, chunky, big square face (love that style ps. I'm 23!) I looked at at least 20 different ones.. and this girl right here loves to be a smart shopper, FYI. After looking at ones that were almost identical, i chose this one for 1/4 of the price to treat myself for once! it is beautiful and a great quality watch. I had to get links removed at the jeweler (4 links)which cost me nothing! Listen.. this watch isn't draped in diamonds, it has very small diamond flecks around the watch face which accent it very nicely. If you are looking for something of good quality, very fashionable, and something you will love, than buy this watch off of Amazon, they have the best price! I researched for the lowest price for this watch also and on other sites it sells for $150 or more! Hope if y'all get it, you enjoy it! <3 Amanda

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, December 14, 2009
I purchase this watch as a gift for my daughter in law. After reading some of the reviews, I was a little scared that the watch was going to be too big, but all I can say is WOW! This watch is gorgeous. I really like it. It's not really THAT big. It's a nice watch and it will make a great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected!, July 21, 2010
Jess (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a nice, oversized chronograph watch that I wouldn't be spending a bundle on--I have Cartier tastes and a Timex budget! When I stumbled upon this watch on another site for over $100 more, I really liked the look of it but wanted a white/silver face instead of a color. So, I came on to Amazon to see what they had and found this! What a deal. I was a little apprehensive about the size, given the reviewers that returned it due to it being too big, but big was what I was looking for. After doing some quick measurements with the ruler, I thought it would be perfect, and it is! The size is just right for my small-ish wrists...chunky but not too much. I had to take it to the jeweler to have about 4 links taken out to have it fit slightly loose on my wrist but not drooping off or having the face slide around to the back.

The watch is even more attractive than I had expected. I love the size and heft of it, and I really like all the little details--the two tone finish of the stainless steel on the band, the little blue jewel on the crown, the fact that the hour markers are glow in the dark, the polish of the face, and even the small sparkle of the tiny diamonds set around the outside of the bezel. Is it going to fool someone into believing it's the equal of a much more expensive watch? Maybe, but I don't really care about that...all I care about is how great it looks on my wrist and what a GREAT deal I got on it thanks to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait...!, November 9, 2009
Absolutely love this watch! I had been shopping around for at least a year and kept coming back to this watch. I loved the face and the band. I am a plus size girl so I was leery that it wouldn't "look" big enough for my wrist or that I would have to add links to make it fit. Neither were a problem! I actually had to remove a link and it looks great! I've gotten many, many compliments on it and 2 of my friends have gone and purchased the same watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great stylish watch, July 15, 2009
Ginny (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
It looks much better than I had expected. I love the chunky, square style. If you have ever had a good diamond watch, you will know that this one does not fit the bill but as a great every day watch it definitely does. I am a real watch head having several other good watches from very good brands and still love this one for the style. To sum up: if you are looking for a real diamond watch, this one is not for you, but if all you want is a good stylish watch...Go for it!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little clumsy but nice, May 28, 2013
I do like Invicta's watches, for they are on the larger size and tend to be statement fashion peices. But this one is quite thick and almost clumsy when you wear it. The watch face is very thick and heavy, so it wants to roll down on your wrist. I had to have the band made smaller so that a little tighter fit would stop it from rolling around my wrist. But although I like the square face, I was suprised at how deep or thick the face of the watch was. A little awkward when you are wearing it. But for the sale price, I am happy with another Invicta to add to my collection. They tend to be rugged, daily wear type of watches for me.

Rate and Discover Movies