Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Set of 3 Invisible UV Blacklight Ink Marker Blue Red Yellow
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 29, 2012
I bought these pens for an invisible ink activity at my daughter's 7th birthday party. The blue and red pens leave a wet mark when writing your message and are visible. These colors take a long time to dry and messages messages can be read even when dry (in a light white color, not blue or red), which was disappointing for "invisible" ink. In addition, the red and blue colors don't glow well under the UV light.

The yellow worked great and was what I expected: dried almost immediately and couldn't be read when held up to a regular light. It glowed under the UV light. I would recommend buying ONLY the yellow pens singly.

In addition, the fine tips of the pens are not very sturdy and one pen tip was broken by my 3 year old pressing too hard on it, so these pens are probably best for experienced writers, ages 6 and up.
on October 4, 2012
The Red and Blue pens are great! nice thick lines, practically invisible under indoor lighting. The yellow is a much harder point in the set I received and is very difficult to see even under UV lighting, If it wasn't for the harder point, it would be good for secret messages.

In direct sunlight or "North light" (lit by the sky) the red is dimly noticeable, with the blue it really depends on the surface.

Both a Florescent Blacklight and UV LED work very well to cause the markings to show up. I have my doubts about an incandescent "Blacklight" as I could not test them with one.

I may have received a bad yellow one as the point is much harder.

Edit: I now believe that the yellow hard point was intentional. Some papers (high rag content) it works quite well on.
on March 29, 2014
These markers are very low quality. There's one that you can see under UV light but it is not the color it is supposed to be and another one you just can't see in either normal light or UV light. I would certainly avoid this product. No wonder it's so cheap.
on April 22, 2012
I purchased these pens as an experiment to see which ink colors light up best under UV light. I purchased these pens and another set of a different type, to test them out.

These particular pens worked well in that the ink lit up brightly under UV light. However after using them only a short time, I've discovered that they have a little flaw. If you are not very careful when putting the cap back on the pens, the nib (tip) fibers catch in the inside structure of the pen cap and flare off to the side. This happened right away and I had to trim the fibers off the tip that were sticking out at a 90 degree angle.

The pen caps, if you look down inside them with a flashlight, have an inner ring or cylinder with a rim on it that catches the nib fibers and folds them over. You must insert the pen into the cap perfectly centered every time or you will fold nib fibers off to the side and ruin your pen tips.

I've trimmed the nib on one pen so many times, that it is just a little nub now. The problem is that once you miss align the nib the first time while putting the cap on, and damage the nib, it easily becomes damaged while you use it to write, causing further troubles with the nib.

I'll continue using these pens until they are no longer usable, but I won't buy this brand of pen again.
on September 22, 2015
The pink and blue work fine, really reflective, really permanent. the yellow one was a disappointment. Not nearly as reflective as the other two and I was able to wipe it off of everything except my skin. The pink one came with a damaged tip, and I contacted the seller, but it ended up working alright, I just kinda wish it would've been not frayed. They're good, and I'm probably going to buy more because these are already getting worn out since I've used them so much (aside from the yellow). I hope that the yellow in the next batch works better and all the tips are good.

(EDIT)

The seller sent me a brand new pink one free of charge and a little three color pen that you just kinda Pop apart. Like one of those mechanical pencils with the led coming out of a plastic pellet where when it runs out you just take it and put it in the back of the pencil, revealing a brand new lead. That's kinda what this is like, but they don't get worn out that badly, you just move it when you want to switch colors. ANYWAY, all of the blues and pinks work fine, the yellow is still a bit watery, and is easy to wipe off. Glows yellow for a minute or two, then turns a bluish color and can be wiped off at any point in its lifecycle. Overall I'm happy with everything because they treated me well by hooking me up for free, I'm giving them 4 stars because 4.5 isn't an option and the yellow still doesn't work. Will probably buy again if these things ever die.
review image
on December 17, 2013
Bought this for my electrons and light lab. These were somewhat dried out and just did not glow at all for me. For as much as I spent putting together a cool lab this piece was a big disappointment and will not order again. Ended up just throwing my money and the pens away. If you are a science teacher like me who spends a lot of money out of pocket I suggest you do not purchase this as you will be throwing your money away.
on April 7, 2016
They work pretty well. My boys get a kick out of writing messages to each other and using their UV flashlights to see the "secret mesages" (see my other review for a great quality UV flashlight).
on April 13, 2015
Nice pigment density. The blue and yellow, unfortunately, are a bit close in color -- better described as "kinda bluish" and "kinda yellowish" -- but the red is really, really distinct. I have art/craft applications in mind, which is why the similarity between those two colors was somewhat disappointing. Overall, though, quite a good product.
on September 27, 2015
Markers work great for black light signs such as the ones at restaurants. I used it on cloth, and also works great. I thought it was going to run on the material, but it did not. Definitely recommend these markers.
on April 25, 2013
the pink definitely stands out

the yellow and blue are difficult to tell apart under the UV lights i have, but are still easily seen.

i used the Inova BB + Inova X5

UPDATE:

im not too sure about other brands, because these pens are the only ones i have played with,
but you may want to test them before you write your 'secrets'.

on white printer paper, blue and pink leave a trace, visible to the naked eye, while yellow remains unseen.
also, the blue wont really show up because the printer paper glows blue under the UV light.

blue didnt show on the green of a Rand McNally map

pink actually showed up the best on the red of the map.

.....just some considerations if your uses are specific, since you may be considering the multi-color pack, or single colors.