4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound awkward design
I want to start off by saying the sound quality of the Z.Buds is great. I've owned other headphones with similar pricing and these are just about the best sounding ones I've owned.

Published on March 23, 2009 by Z. J. Walker

2.0 out of 5 stars one side went out
Published on March 30, 2009 by W. Reed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars one side went out, March 30, 2009
These earplugs have excellent sound but within 2 weeks of purchase, one of the earpieces went out. I workout 4 or 5 days a week and they're hard to stay in your ear when when you start to sweat just a little. Now i'm having to jump through hoops to get them replaced...just a big hassle. Next time i'll just go with a good pair of the regular earpiece....at least they stay in when i'm at the gym!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke very quickly.., April 13, 2009
I will say that while they did sound good and were very convenient to use because of the no-tangle cord, I had two different pairs and each broke within three weeks of opening the box. On the first pair, the button on the cord to change songs or stop the music stopped working within two weeks. I was able to get a new pair and then within three weeks the new ones just stopped working all together unless I held the connection together with my hand. When I returned it, since it was more than 45 days since I ordered it and it was received by them, I am unable to get a refund. For another $20, they will replace it, but whats the point? They will just break again quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound awkward design, March 23, 2009

The mic and answer button work perfectly on the iphone, even for controlling music playback. The in line volume control also works with the iphone. These are other feature that worked well.

Now the cons. Although these won a design award or something, the design could use some work. The mic is designed poorly and if you wear them correctly like a necklace is positioned awkwardly. The mic/music button is annoying to find and press because it's not obvious. Apples design was much better for the mic and button. The other con is that the volume control and mic seem very cheap, just made of plain plastic with nothing too them.

So far I am happy with the product because it performs adequately and the sound quality is great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product quality, 2 replacements in 3 months. Buy at your own risk..., April 29, 2009
This review is from: ZAGG Z.buds Headphones (Red) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought these earbuds for my husband and myself on a leap of faith as there were no reviews on the web as yet. Apparently, that was a big mistake. Both pairs began to go bad within a month, first gradually, then completely no sounds from either earbuds after 6 weeks. Those were quickly replaced once sent in, and within 2 weeks we had 2 new pairs to work with.

That didn't last long however, as my mic/clicker completely stopped working within 4 days. This is with VERY light use, as they are primarily a backup pair to my V-moda Vibe Duos. So that was severely disappointing. I have since received a replacement for them, but my husband will have to use those, as his second pair has now gone bad, and this happened with 2 weeks.

Now that I'm more than a little concerned as to the quality of the earbuds, I'm trying to get some clarification on the replacement policy. I was sent an email from "Stephen H." back in January which stated there was a lifetime replacement warranty. Now that I've had 2 replacements, "Micheal R." is completely backtracking, and saying there will be a deductible of $20 once the first year is up. This is while also trying to give me incorrect information about the correspondence that has been exchanged between myself and CS over the last 3 months. It seems as though CS tells me one thing via phone/email, and then puts another in the 'notes'. So even though i was given certain info, and i have a record of it, those promises will not be honored. So my impression is that they've had a large number of returns, and have had to modify their policy to mitigate losses.

In any case, i do not recommend that ANYONE purchase these earbuds. My husband loves the design, and when they work, they work well. But who wants to have to replace these things every 3 weeks, it's just not worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong..., March 9, 2009
You can't go wrong with these headphones in my opinion. I have owned 3 different headsets for the iPhone:

1. The stock Apple headphones and we all know their drawbacks in comfort and sound, but I missed their ability to still control the phone.

2. I purchased a set of creative labs in-ear headphones, about $100, but I can't remember the model number. While they had much better than stock sound, they lacked the ability to control the iPhone in any way. Plus, if you received a call, you had to unplug them to take the call.

3. Z-buds. These are better than the creative labs in both sound and comfort. On top of that, they are able to control the iPhone, too. If you can't get these headphones to feel good with one of the six different tips they include, then you won't like any in-ear headphone. They don't just include different sizes of tips, but different styles, too. I liked the ones that were already on the buds, but may try some of the other styles to be sure.

Other positives include:
-a carry bag that will protect the headphones if you carry them in a briefcase, purse, or pocket.
-the tangle free cord
-my favorite, is the fact the cord doesn't make any noise when it rubs against cloth like the rubber/plastic coated in-ear headphones do.

I can't say enough good things about these and highly recommend them for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great...for a while, May 28, 2009
I bought these because I wanted rugged, durable earbuds to use while I worked out and did chores around the house. They worked great for about 2 weeks. Then the volume control seemed to go out and I had to squeeze the plastic volume box to hear anything. After that the plug had to be held in a certain way to hear anything which makes them useless because you can't hold the plug perfectly and do anything.

I tried to send them back to ANTOnline but they wouldn't take them because I had already recycled the packaging. Next I tried [...] and haven't been able to get anywhere with them either.

So, I would NOT recommend these. They are expensive and seem to be too fragile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Earbuds, May 20, 2009
I've tried several earbuds of various prices and styles, these are the most comfortable and with the clearest of sound.

It takes about a week to get used to the memory foam style of the buds but once you do they are very comfortable and unnoticeable.

They block out most sound, which is really nice on a daily commute, I use them on the bus and don't even notice the loud rumble of the bus tunnel anymore.

Definitely use their style of how these hang around your neck, it seems strange at first but is the first practical method of keeping the earbuds from being yanked out of your ears, much more comfortable than the over behind the ear style.

Would definitely recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels and sounds good but failed after a week of carefull use, May 3, 2009
Rafael Viaud (San José, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
Z.buds feel and sound good but it failed after a week of carefull use. The volume control is making my iPod Touch jump songs as if pressing the play/pause/next button. I guess there is a loose connection in the volume control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets a real iPhone need, April 26, 2009
C. Helps (Provo, UT United States) - See all my reviews
Overall very highly recommended for the iPhone and the only set I know of that includes microphone AND in-line volume control. The non-tangle cords are very useful.

The ear-buds do what they are advertised to do. The cords are semi-rigid and do not tangle easily. Putting the big cord loop over your head is a bit of a nuisance but does keep the cord stable and minimizes the risk of jerking the earbuds out when exercising. The small thread loop half way down the cord loops conveniently over a shirt-button and ensures that the volume control is easy to find and reach.

These ear buds have a feature that I consider essential. They have a volume control along the cord. this means that you can quickly adapt your listening to adjust for changing conditions during your daily commute or exercise. Reaching into your pocket or backpack to adjust volume on your iphone or MP3 player is not a realistic option.

The microphone pod and pause button hangs next to your right ear and works as advertised. I find it difficult to grab when I want it. It seems to slip behind my neck and become elusive. However people seem to be able to hear me well, even in relatively noisy or windy environments.

Sound quality seems very good, but my listening environments are not a good test for the difference between excellent and very good. I'll leave it to others to comment in more detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone Fan, April 24, 2009
These are a great addition to my iphone. So much better than the white ones that came with it. These ear buds come with several inserts that make them extremely comfortable, and the sound quality is awesome. I highly recomend these to anyone who appreciates a high quality product that produces high quality sound.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›