Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on March 19, 1999
In your darkest moments of misery and loneliness, when you don't know where and whom to turn to, Kay will guide you and give you all the support you need - above all practical, then emotional and psychological. When you are so depressed, confused and motionless what you need most is someone to tell you that you are neither worthless nor hopeless or insane. Kay will take you by the hand and lead you, gently and convincingly, and by the time you have read this book you will have travelled a long way. You will gain the courage and above all the knowledge how to leave the abusive relationship that has been undermining the very core of your being. Kay not only helped me to find the way out of my misery, but she unintentionally made my husband understand and listen to what I had been trying to tell him for such a long time. He secretly read all those parts I had underlined and he finally understood. It is too late for our relationship as husband and wife but we are making a new beginning as friends. We have an eight year old daughter and she loves us and needs us both.
Kay uses a simple and clear language. She had carefully selected a number of stories that women were willing to share with her enabling all those who feel abused in any way to identify with. Her own experience makes her words even more convincing.
0Comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 1998
This book is excellent for any women that has even the slightest notion that they are in an abusive relationship. Regardless of the circumstance, Kay Douglas touches on all types of emotional abuse and helps the women on the road to self-healing.
on February 13, 2012
I read this book well over a year after leaving my abusive husband of 10 years. I would recommend to any woman who's in or been in an abusive relationship. An incredibly affirming and healing read.
on July 27, 2013
Oh my, I wish I had known about this book earlier. For those unfortunate enough to be in a destructive relationship and frightened about how to even THINK about what to do,
this book is SO VERY HELPFUL. Wish this book could get into every woman's hands.