on June 30, 2014
Verified Purchase
I purchased this item to hang a 40" Samsung LED TV in my bedroom. Before purchasing, I was a tad concerned that the VESA hole mount might not be compatible. The bracket itself comes with two additional pieces that serve to expand or extend the VESA wall mount on the back of your television. I imagine these two pieces are meant to be used with larger televisions. These were not necessary for my 40" monitor and I was able to use this bracket straight from the box.

After successfully mounting the bracket to the wall I played with the tilt portion of the bracket. It seemed immovable so I used a wrench to loosen it up a bit. After that I easily hung the television to the bracket and fastened it securely in place. With the weight of the television on the bracket it would keep falling into the ten degree tilt position. I realized the weight of the television was sufficient to allow for tilt or not so I went back an re-tightened the nuts associated with the tilting portion of the bracket. Now I can have my television flat and parallel with the wall when not in use or tilt and swivel it when in use.

The cable covers that run along the arms of the bracket and serve to help hold the wires in place are easy to disconnect and reattach.

Although I am pleased with this bracket the one downside is centering the TV when it comes to designing your finished look. To explain simply, the television does not sit perfectly centered along the mounted portion where it screws into the stud when tucked closely to the wall. Say, for example, you wanted to hang a television over your fire place. If you locate a stud right in the center above the television it will not appear centered when it is tucked up against the wall. The only solution to this would be to screw a couple of 2x4 studs horizontally along the wall into the studs of your existing wall in order to solve any centering concerns. This, of course will also result in your TV extending another 1.5" away from the wall. Just something to think about and if applicable, a diiferent wall mount that attaches to two studs might serve as a better option. This type has more versatility when centering becomes an important issue.

Somewhat related tip: I purchased a stud finder (for $10 at Home Depot) to assist me with this project. After locating the stud to serve as my support area for the television bracket I decided to drill several small 'pilot' holes to determine the exact center of the stud. I find this to be a valuable approach to locate the strongest area of the stud (the center). I recommend this because sometimes those stud finders can be a tad off. The last thing you want is a catastrophe because the scews went into a far side of the stud instead of dead center. As I drill the holes, some will go through drywall but not the stud. Although this seems tediously messy the holes will not be visible once the bracket is in place. I feel this is worth mentioning as you only have about 1.5 inches to work with.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 5, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is a great product (so far). After some homework on what height I should install this and locating the stud, this mount was easy to install.
It is good solid construction and the welds look solid and complete. The mount itself has a nice cast-iron like powder coating on it. This product came nicely packaged with all screws (3 lag screws, masonry wall anchors and screws, machine screws) needed (even included a mostly useless wrench).
The cord holders are ok (plastic) and can be removed. They're a little loose. I wouldn't have minded if these were more of the rubber variety,
The plastic cover over the wall bracket and lag screw heads feels a bit cheap and flimsy but it does what it is supposed to (especially for the price!).
These types of mounts are meant only for a single stud or CMU block wall installation. I would not install this on a dry hollow wall even with anchors.
My TV has VESA 200x200 and installed on the TV bracket without the need for the extenders. The holes on the bracket are a little big so washers are suggested. The M4 screws were already on the TV but its washers are very near the diameter of the TV brackets holes.
Installation suggestions:
Location - I wouldn't install these too high. I would say the top screw point of the wall bracket should be no more than 6-ft (which would place the middle of the TV screen about eye height (standing). The TV bracket has about a 10 degree tilt. If you're a really technical about the height, I guess you can back calculate the perpendicular angle from the 10 degree tilt of TV bracket to sitting eye height (45-inches?)....hahaha
Mount - I installed on a wood wall stud. Do your homework and locate the stud as exact as possible. Use a good stud finder and level. There are 3 mount holes on the bracket. You only need to locate the top hole. Once this done, then you must drill a pilot hole (otherwise it'll be a tough screw job, lol). When you've got the bracket mounted at the top screw, note the "eyeholes" at the top and bottom of the wall bracket. As you've located your wall stud, you should have drawn some lines on where the wall stud is. Use the eyeholes as guides to make sure your bracket is in line with the stud. The eyeholes are the same width as standard 2x4 (on end). When the bracket is lined up correctly then use the bottom two bracket holes as a template. While you could probably do this with paper to locate the holes, to me, this is easier and can be faster.
Use some sort of thin "plate" or gasket between the wall and the wall bracket if possible. Because this wall bracket is solid metal and you will have to tighten the lag bolts pretty good, it may ruin that part of your dry wall. A good table mat could do the trick.
Equipment - stud finder, pencil, level, socket set, drill, Phillips head screwdriver

Notes: Power cord to your TV may not be long enough for high mounts unless you move the outlet higher or use an extension cord. Also, the TILT feature requires you to loosen two nut/bolts. Don't forget to note which way is up.

Simplicity at its finest for this mount! Get one!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 20, 2014
Verified Purchase
This was my first TV wall mount bracket purchase. I was skeptical at first, but I was pleasantly surprised when the Invision TV Wall Mount Bracket arrived. Slim, sturdy, and sleek! Works as described. I installed the bracket to a wooden beam. Believe all of the 5-star reviews! :) I am recommending this product to all of my friends and family.
review image
on May 23, 2014
Verified Purchase
I was so surprised when i received this product its seriously the best deal I have had in years.

We mounted our brand new 55 inch smart TV which cost over $1000 and once fitted I was not worried one bit as this thing holds it beautifully. It folds back super close to something like 3 inches from the wall which looks great and when extended or turned either way its solid as a rock its got a real professional feel to it I could not be happier.

This is an excellent quality TV mount even if it was twice the price i would still have no complaints.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 19, 2014
Verified Purchase
To begin with, I took a chance with this purchase. It had little feedback and was made by a brand I'd never heard of. It's extremely sturdy and had no issue hanging up either my 50" or 42" sets. Even when swinging around the arms it still feels solid and safe. In total, set up probably took me about 30-45min.
on June 16, 2014
Verified Purchase
This wall mount is awesome. The extension and rotating+ tilting gives you so many options to perfectly mount your tv. Very easy to install as well.
on November 11, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is a well made mount but may be even better for larger/heavier TVs. I have mounted several flat screens TVs and this is by far the most robust mount I have seen. It would easily hold ANY large TV if using stud mount. If you are mounting a TV smaller than 40" I would suggest you find another alternative as this bracket is Large on the wall and I would consider it overkill. Even though the rating is up to 88lbs, I would trust it to hold a TV heavier than that if you are mounting the bracket to studs. I followed the 'step x step' instructions which have you mount the bracket to the wall first. DON'T DO THAT. After mounting the bracket and being so impressed with how strong the bracket is, I went to step 3 to mount the bracket to my TV.
TRY STEP 3 FIRST to make sure the mount will fit your set without blocking access to inputs. Turns out that the size of the 400x400 VESA mount blocks the power cord and one of the HDMI inputs for my TV. Even with the provided standoffs, I could not get the power cord to fit. Also, if you are purchasing this because it is 'low profile', by the time you have to add the standoffs, you could add another inch to the distance from the wall when it is retracted (if that matters to you). It would be useful if they provided the template and/or dimensions with the product description so you could check the mounting plate before you purchase. It is unfortunate that there are no true industry standards for input placement on the back of flat panels other than a VESA mounting hole standard! I am giving it a 2 star review because it didn't work for me, not because I think it is a bad product. I hope people will read this review before they have to buy and return the mount as I did.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 30, 2014
Verified Purchase
What can I say? You go to any store and you will find a similar mount for over $60. This thing is solid as a rock and was only $25. Installation took 15 minutes and it even comes with some plastic pieces on the back to hold wires.
on August 11, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is one solid cantilever mount. It's well made for a great price. There's no wobble of the TV even with the arm fully extended from the wall. Although I have only a 32" TV mounted, I suspect that even my 47" (which weighs only 30 pounds) would be just as solid. The cable management is pretty good, although if you have some thick cables it's limiting. I have the power cord, HDMI 2.0, and a fiber cable going through it. Couldn't fit one more tiny cable if I wanted.

It took me only about 30 minutes to install myself. Much of that was making sure I was properly centering the mount on the stud & leveling it. It's really an easy install, and I think it's better than many big name wall mounts like those at Costco starting at 3x the money. If you want a solid mount, you're going to need something built like this one. My 32" LG TV completely covers the mount when it's closest to the wall and the arms are folded back over each other.

My only complaint is with the pre-purchase experience. The product page doesn't have many diverse or useful photos except a bunch of it getting ever closer to the wall. They should provide a rear view photo, views of it fully extended against the wall in both directions, and measurements of a few positions for reference. Also, it would be helpful if they posted a PDF of the installation manual, which I like to download before I purchase items.
on January 12, 2015
Verified Purchase
Very practical, pretty versatile, and good product. Installs easily. I did it mostly myself except at the last stage to attach the TV with bracket on to the wall mount assembly, I needed my wife's guidance to insert the lip into the slot. Note that for my new Sony KDL 48W600B tv, my son and I had to cut the bracket that attaches to the tv. Otherwise the bracket would be sticking below the TV when viewed from front and looked kinda ugly. All metal pieces must have been hardened for strength so cutting the unneeded part with a hacksaw was challenging.
To hide the wires for power and cable/FIOS connection, I also installed "Legrand C30LG Flat Screen TV Cord Cover Kit" on the wall available at Amazon and it now looks like a professional installation.
review image review image review image

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations