5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, great value!
Published 9 months ago by midwestern momma

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs improvement.
The grooves that support the stand option are too shallow. iPad often falls. The pen holder is also too small to hold normal size iPad pens. Not the best case because of those two reasons.
Published 8 months ago by Arthur Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, great value!, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Ionic Rotating Stand Leather Apple iPad 5 iPad Air Case (Brown) (Personal Computers)
Really quite impressed with this case, particularly for the price! I bought my iPad Air the day it was released and ordered this case the same day. When I received it, the fit was perfect. The stand element is quite nice. I picked this case over the more costly Apple cases, because I liked the vertical option with this case. I saved a great deal of money over the Apple designed cases. There are a few design elements that I have noticed, the elastic strap would be better served coming from the back to the front (I'm used to Moleskine notebooks), there is a slight chemical smell at first but it has gone away after 2 weeks use, and lastly the grooves for the stand could be further back to create a more vertical view. Despite these minor complaints, I feel it earns the full 5 stars. The fit and function were my primary concerns and both are excellent. Coupled with the cost and it is a outstanding case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ionic iPad Air Case - A League Of Its Own, December 2, 2013
Amazon Ionic iPad Air Case Review

Introduction

Looking for a new case for your iPad Air eh? You’ve come to the right place. If you don’t feel like reading the breakdown, check out the summary for my thoughts on this product on a whole. I hope this helps!

Summary

At the end of the day, if you’re looking for a solid, multipurpose, versatile iPad case, it hard to go wrong with this one. The ability to change vertical and horizontal position is fantastic, and the build quality is solid. Keep in mind, when you only have 2 grooves available to stand your iPad up in, and the angle may not be ideal for everyone. That being said, it's easily manageable and at the current price of $7.85 (as of 12/02/2013) this case offers fantastic value.

Review Breakdown

For those of you looking for a in-depth breakdown, look no further. I’ve segmented them into two main topics. Key review points are essentially points that should be considered in any product. The product specific review points, are points that pertain specifically to the product. Now, on with the review!

Key Review Points

#1, Purpose

The first main point you have to consider is what the purpose of using this product will be for you. This is important, because if gives you a point of reference that makes sense to you, and what you’re doing. For me, I wanted a case that would be good in just about any situation. Generally, web browsing, movie watching, with the occasional word processing. I did not want just a screen cover, I wanted a case that protected my iPad from all sides. Keep this in mind as we move further into the review.

#2, Features

So what does this case have to offer? I'm glad you asked, random amazon browsing stranger. This case has a HUGE leg up on other cases in this price range, due to one major feature. It's rotating ability. This allows you to stand your iPad up on a vertical/portrait orientation, or a horizontal/landscape orientation. This is a features typically found on $40 cases. This case also has magnets on the inside that works to put your iPad to sleep when it's closed, or wake it up when you open it. The ability to change the orientation is great. It’s important to note, that there are individual grooves in the case that allow for positioning. What this means, is that although some tablet cases have a “grippy” material that allows you to set your tablet up at any angle, this one only has set positions, 2, to be exact. While I was comfortable with the positions available, you might not be. So take this into consideration. There is a camera cutout on the back, which is nice, as well as a stylus holder. I’m not a big fan of the back. There’s a circular cutout the reveals the apple logo. Some people may see this as a way to show off their product, I see it as advertising that you have an expensive device, and encouraging someone to steal it. Also, as this leaves the apple on the back exposed, it’s prone to scratching.

#3, Quality

Let's talk about quality. Let me clarify, this does not just mean build quality, but the quality of the features promised as well. I find it hard not comparing it to other cases, as I believe every review needs to be considered as a whole by itself. That being said, this case can easily compete with $50 cases, based on the features I mentioned previously. The build is very solid and professional looking, however the inside piece that the I pad sits in doesn’t feel entirely sturdy. This is mainly due to the swivel. The entire case does seem sturdy, and the material feel very nice.

#4, Value

So, this is really important. Notice, how I use the word "value" not "price". There's an important distinction, because at the end of the day, what's really important is what value the product offers. Of coarse price matters, however I base all of my reviews off of value. This product has fantastic value. At (Price) this case offer great bank for your buck, considering all of the features it offers. This competes with $40 cases, and in some regards, dominates them.

Product Specific Review Points

I don’t actually have any product specifics points to go over, so lets move on directly to the Pros/Cons.

Pros

Ability to rotate orientation

Professional appearance

Fantastic features

Great value

Cons

Exposed apple logo

Limited angle options

You SHOULD buy this case if…

You’re looking for a solid iPad case, everyday use and a fantastic price.

You SHOULD NOT buy this case if…

You plan on doing a lot of typing, and require specific angle adjustments

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, especially for such a low price..., November 17, 2013
Bought this black Iconic case for the new iPad Air and have only used for a few days so far; my reference point is a previous Targus Versavu case I had for my iPad 3, which I loved but was also significantly more expensive than this case. The new Versavu case for iPad Air does not support the sleep/wake function, which is why I had to look elsewhere and found this excellent bargain. This case feels lighter and thinner than the Targus Versavu but is just as stiff (important to support the iPad). The iPad Air fits very well into the Iconic case, rotates 360 degrees as it is supposed to, and the sleep/wake function works very well.....just have to be sure the home button is to your right as you close the iPad toward you. The stylus holder is useful as I use a stylus for note taking and without such a holder I am apt to misplace the stylus while traveling. The only slight down side is that the slots for anchoring the iPad at different angles are a bit shallow and slippery so that only one of the two is stable in holding the iPad up without slipping out. For me that is not an issue as the working slot is at my preferred viewing angle. Otherwise, I am using the iPad laid flat anyway. I had a similar issue with the previous Versavu where one of the slots at the lowest angle wouldn't work for me, but again it was a non-issue considering how I use the iPad.

Overall, an excellent value case for the price. It protects the iPad Air, supports it for viewing in landscape or portrait mode at an angle, operates the sleep/wake function properly, keeps a stylus handy, and looks professional while doing it. Those are the attributes I was looking for in a case.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPadAir+Ionic does the job, November 13, 2013
Detroit Mike (Farmington Hills) - See all my reviews
I ordered this as soon as I saw the other cases and their prices. I received my iPad before the case arrived, so it stayed in a drawer until I had the case to protect it. It's out now and I'm very happy with it. For less than $15, including postage, this is very hard to beat. The iPad fits into a plastic frame attached to the backing. You put the bottom of the landscape- or portrait-arranged device into the groove formed where the backing bends and you're in business. Or, if you're like me, I just fold the backing over on itself and hold it like a book. It's not rock-solid secure--there is no latch to hold it in position, for instance--but it definitely secure enough for me. (I don't type with a hammer.) After the cost of the device, the <$15 case is particularly welcom.

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs improvement., December 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Ionic Rotating Stand Leather Apple iPad Air, November 18, 2013
I returned a $60. case and replaced it with this one. I'm so glad I did, this one looks as great as the one I returned and actually even better because of the leather instead of what the other case was made of. The functions are the same which is what attracted me to the original case I bought and then I saw this one and the fact that purple is my favorite color I was sold. Before receiving this case I honestly wasn't sure what the quality would be like with it being such a low great price compared to what you find in the stores. No need to worry, it is made great, looks great and functions like the more expensive ones. It doesn't make my iPad Air feel heavy or bulky like other cases and this is another feature I was looking for and the fact that you have the rotating 360 & sleep mode makes it even better. I will suggest this case to everyone, it is great and would make nice Christmas gifts as well. Or if you are into changing colors this is the case for you with many color choices and it's simple to do plus at this price a great idea. Order it, you won't regret it !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for your cash, November 14, 2013
The case is nice for the price and is great for socials.
The cover works as far as on n off screen goes.
I dislike that it has less padding than the cheaper cover at Kmart.
Also the mount from the rivets on the cover are a bit slippery so it might not stand until continuous use which would break it in a bit.
They didn't send or process my package for a week till I emailed the company and coincidently they started the delivery process. The time line was accurate but wow did it take some time for the processing info to update.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality material with faulty slots design, November 15, 2013
I wanted to give 5 star when i opened the pkg. its well made with quality material. However, once i start to use it those stars disappearing in my head. Biggest issue for me is the slots. They r too shallow/ slippery, especially the first one. I have to tiptoe my ipad when i use the 1 st slot to make it stand. Pls make the future version with deeper slots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, November 9, 2013
I go the brown color and it's Great quality and timely delivery and nicely fit my ipad air. I'm very happy with my purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there., November 13, 2013
I like the idea of a rotating stand but it still needs some touchup. The rotating just flops around when you are handling it. Maybe adding some small ratchet teeth would help. When standing the ipad up in one of grooves it has a tendency to collapse if you touch the screen. Great idea just needs work.

Rate and Discover Movies