Apple iPad (first generation) MB292LL/A Tablet (16GB, Wifi)
Used & New from: $89.00
Buy Ipad now or wait for New one ? I wanted to get an Ipad but, rumors about new Ipad with camera keep popping up. Do you think I should wait for new one or just go ahead and buy now? As 4th Gen Ipod Touch with 2 cameras is out, I feel the rumors quite legit.
I've had a bad experience when I had my Imac. The new version came out right after I bought it. The salesperson was not honest when I asked him about the possibility.
asked by Dongsoo Kim on September 18, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 answers
A
votes
An update will most likely be introduced in January with availability somewhere near March / April, like last year. Camera with facetime? Most likely yes, along with the possibility of retina display and updated internals (more CPU RAM, faster A4 chip).
Brad Chapman answered on September 22, 2010

A
votes
Apple historically maintains an annual refresh of products. iPods are refreshed in September every year, iPhones in July. Most likely, iPad will refresh every year in March or April. Apple usually announces a month or so before the refresh, and is closed-mouthed until new features are announced. A camera seems like something people want, though I feel the device is too large for a camera to be usable and would not trade up for just the camera. What Apple will announce will be speculated upon by the tech blogs for months before the announcement. A couple of the most accurate are Engagdet and TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog).

Only you can decide whether to wait. It's about six months, or half a cycle. The new units will cost the same or less and will have new features, but in just a year they will be last years model as well. I generally wait if I'm within 2-3 months of a refresh for an Apple product. At six months, if I were ready for the product, I'd buy. Just MNSHO-YMMV.
spookiewon answered on October 10, 2010

A
votes
I decided to wait, although I'd love one now. I just believe that by waiting for the 2nd generation that it will be a product that is more refined, maybe with more practical capabilities that I'd like, maybe even a bit lighter and thinner. So I'm taking a deferred birthday present until next spring, even though I want one now because I believe (hope) it will be worth the wait.
Art Smart answered on October 2, 2010

A
votes
forget either one the long delayed adams tablet from notion ink comes out in january check the specs on their website the apple ipad has nothing on this beast ,Ive been waiting a year for it to finally come out
Julian D. Rydar answered on December 11, 2010

A
vote
I don't know. What are they going to skim it from? Glass is heavy, and plastic capacitive screens are awful. The battery?

I use mine daily, I'm disabled and have very low strength, and I don't find it heavy.
spookiewon answered on October 10, 2010

A
votes
After much internal debate I've decided to go with an 11.6" Netbook, probably the HP Pavilion dm1. Here is a blurb on it:

"The new HP dm1 is powered by AMD Fusion platform (inclueds Radeon HD 6310M discrete-class graphics), weighs 3.5 pounds and is just 0.8" thick. Also feature 92% full sized keyboard, Wireless-N, webcam, card reader, 3 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI output, up to 9.5 hours battery life. Options include up to 8GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD, External Blu-ray drive, WWAN, and more."

The iPad is indeed a great gadget, but I just don't see spending that much of my hard-earned cash for it. Besides, all I mainly wanted was something to watch my HD files on when I travel (but admittedly, that's just me); the netbook will do that with no file conversions required and without me having to deal with iTunes and all that; plus Adobe flash will work fine as I am browsing the internet.

Oh, and it's about half the price of the iPad.
MW answered on January 25, 2011

A
votes
7 inches is not bad! I got 2 tablets for Christmas, neither IPAD, 7 inch and 9.something inches. I was surprised the 9 inch model did not seem that big to me and that the 7 inch was big enough for me, bigger than I thought it would be. I returned both of them, ( brand x) and I'm going to use the money to get an Ipad.
dlb answered on January 25, 2011

A
votes
Just wait....there's always something coming out. Don't be compulsive and regret your buy later.
Trinh Ho answered on November 24, 2010

A
votes
I was going to get one now but ebay charges way too much for the IPAD and many in S/H. I'd rather buy it from Apple.
dlb answered on January 25, 2011

A
votes
I'm waiting as well...but I have read information on the web (granted, these are only rumors) that the new generation will be smaller, with a 7" screen size. I hope this is not the case. If it is, then I'll drop back to the current offering...maybe the will get cheaper with the new version on the shelf. I mainly want it for video viewing, so I prefer the larger screen size.
MW answered on January 21, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›