|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$19.95|
Save $19.95 (100%)
Ireland Rose Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Patricia Strefling's Facebook Page
Follow Patricia Strefling's blog -
Top Customer Reviews
The things I liked about this book were 1) The plot. It was unique, entertaining and somewhat unpredictable; and 2) Character Development. The characters were all well-honed, some complex, some more simple, but all well done.
The Cons: 1) Way too long. There were just too many descriptions that took up a lot of pages and contributed nothing to the book; and 2) Editing could be better, although I've seen way worse and it didn't bother me all that much.
Kudos to Author Patricia Strefling for doing an excellent job weaving both the history of Ireland and Charleston into this beautiful storyline.
I would not recommend anyone wasting their time on this book, even if you get it for free. I can't believe this author has more books published. I hope her other ones are better edited and written, although I won't waste my time to find out.
I have to say that the numerous errors (spelling, grammar, punctuation and word usage) did affect the flow of the story, and were a distraction. I don't know where authors get their proofreaders, but - at least in Kindle books - they could do much better.
The Good Parts
1. An interesting storyline and setting.
2. Appreciation to the writer for finishing a book, it's not as easy as one thinks
3. Clean story, no language, sex, violence
4. Lovely cover
The Not So Good Parts
1. One or two dimensional characters. The main character, Ireland Rose was too perfect and didn't seem to have any real flaws. The protagonist, Wyatt, wasn't around much in the half that I read and when he was, he was brooding and didn't "think" or say much more than he wanted to stay away from Rose.
2. This needed more editing for grammar and punctuation. The greatest flaw was in the quotation marks around dialogue. I had to read some parts a few times to figure out if someone was actually speaking - which took me out of the story. There were some ebook formatting issues with indents/paragraphs too.
3. The story meandered a lot and it felt more of a diary. Rose did this, she decided to do that, she realized this, etc. It could have been tightened up a bit more and as my English Prof said c/c - Cut the Clutter. Because of this, I felt like I didn't really understand where the book was going toward.
I really wish I had better things to say, but I can't in good conscience give it more than 3 stars. And I did want to really like the story too.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was sn unpredictable story line. The plot was excellent. In the beginning to almost the end I did not see where Rose would find her true love. Read morePublished 17 days ago by S. Plummer
Engaging story. Seemed more idealistic though than realistic. Needs professional touch of editing typing errors, for me to recommend it to anyone else.Published 24 days ago by SMASH
Great book. Well written plot and lovable characters. Learned a bit about Charleston and about Ireland. Riveting read. Highly recommend.Published 1 month ago by P. Williams
I went through book depression when I finished this book. I fell in love with the characters immediately. It does not start off slow or have any slow sections.Published 1 month ago by Missy
I gave this book five stars because it is one of the best books I have ever read. I liked the setting and characters. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Fannie Williams
I chose this book for the cover and title. Love all the characters especially Ireland Rose. A Historical Romance of love and hardships after the Civil war. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kindle Customer
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Historical > Victorian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Victorian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational