Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: IRIS Airtight Food Storage Container
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 69-Quart|Change

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on August 10, 2015
I've purchased a number of these containers to use for pet food and as storage for bird seed and wood pellets I use for a grill and pellet patio heater.

As a pet food container they work ok so long as they are stored indoors and not moved much. The caster wheel mounts are easy to break though. All have broken on the ones I still have.

For anything stored outdoors and exposed to sunlight they are worthless. Within 2 months the plastic deteriorated and the entire container simply collapsed. This happened to all the containers I had outside.
on July 17, 2016
The first one arrived cracked and broken. A new one was promptly delivered to me, and fortunately they had me ship the original back.

I like the size, and even the wheels are a nice touch. But there is no way this should be labeled as airtight. The seal in the cover is not robust enough to even attempt being airtight, and as soon as there are contents, the sides of the container gap and the lid doesn't fit right. So it's a good, large closed container to store stuff in, but I would never store anything edible because you will certainly end up with pests. Pantry moths would have no trouble slipping under the cover, and mice will smell the contents a mile away. For the same reasons, don't plan on this being watertight or humidity proof. I'm storing towels in it for the summer, so it will be interesting to see what shape they're in by summer's end.

Still on the hunt for an extra-large storage container.
on November 9, 2015
Not air tight, and the handle clicks open VERY easily. Your inclination is to pick up the container by holding that handle and the back hinge at the same time. DONT do this. The handle will open with the slightest pressure and you will spill food everywhere. The only reason I bought this as opposed to another container was because it was flat. Most pet food containers are tall and I needed it to fit in a shallow space. It's really just ok.
on December 16, 2012
These work OK. The seal isn't really air tight which is why I give it 3 stars, so it's really not good for long term storage or for keeping out ants, etc. If you push on the lid while it's latched, you can hear the air moving through the seal. Does this on both of them that were purchased. We only buy enough food for about 3 weeks and that works OK. But longer storage would probably allow for the food to get a bit stale (not good for picky pets) or for insects to find the food.
on November 16, 2010
My latch, as others have mentioned is very loose. Something airtight should close solidly. I literally can open this with my pinky. I remedy this by placing a brick on the top to weigh it down a bit. The seal around the top seems sufficient; if only the latch were to close properly. It is still a decent value, as other products (that probably have good latches!) are much pricier. I simply could not spend that much for a plastic container to hold dog food.
on January 28, 2016
Nice product when you get the hinge fingers in place but that requires a PhD from MIT. Very bad design and makes washing difficult because the hinge fingers won't come out easily if at all. Considering just cutting off the hinge fingers or back arm or just returning it.
on April 30, 2015
Container is nice and holds a 30 pound bag of food just perfect. However I would have liked to seen a better seal on the lid. The seal should be made of rubber and not foam to get a truly airtight seal. It would be nice if the latch had some sort of positive engagement to let you know it is locked. In my opinion the latch is to soft and you don't get the feeling that it is locked airtight. For the price, I'm going to keep it but there could be some improvements made.
on March 1, 2016
Had high hopes, as I've owned one of these years ago to store flour (by the way, it fits a 50 lb bag of flour perfectly), but this time around, the lid snaps closed but feels only lightly closed, and it pops open too easily, and the wheels aren't really rolling smoothly. I wanted to throw that out there if anyone has purchased one in the past, they just don't seem to be the same quality they were in past years. Still a nice product, but I would've liked better quality from a $30 plastic container.
on October 1, 2015
True to size and serves its purpose. The seal is made of a foam material and I was hoping for something that gripped and sealed better. The top will jiggle a bit and you don't get that clicking sound as if a good seal has formed with the container and lid.
on January 7, 2013
This is a good sized food contained and held a large bag of dog food from the store. My one concern with it was that the handle cracked just by light use. I would consider getting it again because of the price but dont expect it to hold up through heavy use.