Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

87%
13%

on May 10, 2016
I am a tour operator and will be bringing groups to many of these wonderful pubs in Ireland. I've already been to several and plan on making many pub tours in the future.
on May 17, 2015
Very fun and interesting!
on January 20, 2015
Beautiful pictures! Exactly what I had in mind when I purchase it, as a present for my Irish father in law! I gave him this book and a good bottle of Irish whiskey! Now we are planing a trip!
on December 6, 2014
Arrived on time. Item was exactly as I expected.
on August 17, 2014
It's a beautiful coffee table book that also gives you a bit of history.
on February 28, 2014
My son in law is Irish and a fan of pubs like most of the natives. He thoroughly appreciated this book.
on December 20, 2013
This book is a joy to read, accompanied by some superb images of Irish pubs. One has to envy the author and the photographer for having "suffered" through some seven hundred pubs, only to winnow the selection down to less than fifty. Bunbury's prose is engaging and entertaining, as well as informative - precisely what one would expect of an Irish storyteller. If you like Ireland, pubs, coffee-table books, enjoyable reading, in any combination of the above, this is a very nice book to have.
on May 4, 2013
Bought this for my boyfriend's Father and he loved it! Interesting book and great for a coffee table. Would recommend it.
on December 22, 2011
I ordered this book because I am building an Irish pub in my house. This book is a must for anyone who is doing the same. The pictures are fantastic! What is interesting is the contrast between Dublin pubs and pubs in rural Ireland. The Dublin pubs have rich decor and beautiful wood or Iron accents. However, the rural pubs do not usually have anthing like that. They may have a few Guinness signs or pictures but mostly the rural pubs seem poor. Most of those pubs have mix matched chairs or tables and seem very run down to me.

A few things that all Ireland pubs do not have like those in America - Shamrocks, Leprechauns, and tacky ST. Patricks day decorations. This includes silly Irish sayings on the wall. What you will find for decor is atleast one Guinness sign, whiskey jugs, and black & white photos of the Irish past. Surprisingly the traditional color for a pub in Ireland is red and not green. Out of the 30 or so pubs in the book only like two have green walls or decor. I would say most have some shade of red or dark brown. Overall this is a really good book. My only critique is that there are no County Donegal pubs in the book. Donegal is the most North Western part of Ireland where the Irish Celtic language is still spoken. I had to search online for those pubs.
on May 8, 2009
We were in a pub in Wexford called the Sky and Ground Pub. Great place. Johnny, the owner bought this place after it had burned to the ground with intentions to rebuild. When he first walked through the door, all he could see was the sky and the ground. So he named it that. He recommended this book, which we ended up buying the next day and using as our tour guide. It was a very good recommendation. We ended up hitting about 11 pubs out of the 38 or so that are in the book. We had the pub owners sign their respective pages. They were very excited by the idea. Most said none had asked them to do that before. This book is fantastic. If you have any interest in Ireland or pubs at all this book is a must, there is a ton of info in here, with a map to plan your route. Plus the photography is fantastic.