5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, A comfortable boot!
Published on May 30, 2012 by Zachary Holt

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable boots cheap soles.
I am a construction worker and am on my feet 10-12 hrs per day. I bought these boots cause I have heard nothing but good about them. After 7 months of use the leather is still in great condition (I take them to red wing regularly to have conditioned). The problem I have with these boots is that the soles are already worn through and coming apart. I bought these boots...
Published 2 days ago by brian

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, A comfortable boot!, May 30, 2012
I work heavy construction and go through a pair of boots a year. I have had Red Wings, CAT, Doc Martins, to name a few and these Irish Setter are by far the best. My foot is totally flat, no arch at all and these do not hurt my feet like other do. There is little to no "break in" peroid. They are comfy right out of the box. My normal size is 10.5 and I have a wide foot as well so I got the EE size. They do run a bit on the large side, larger than other companies, but I will probably order the same size next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is off but what a great boot!, June 9, 2014
I read the reviews before purchasing and didn't listen to the warnings of them running to large. So i went ahead and ordered my normals size (13). Upon arrival of my boots, they were way to large! I've never had a boot be that off on sizing. I easily asked amazon to send me a smaller size and was given a prepaid label to ship the large ones back. Once i received a size 12 that fit amazingly! I wear these boots all the time. Will continue to purchase Irish Setters from here on out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem to run a little large, but these are great boots, October 7, 2012
These boots are great. Fairly easy to break in and seem to be durable, so far. I put roofs on for a living, so there is a constant grind on the souls from the shingles and these seem to fair great. I have two concerns with the boots. One, the tongues are not gusseted, so debris does get into the boot somewhat easily. It does not claim that the tongues are gusseted. I just took for granted that they would be since most work boots that I have owned do have this common feature. Not so much a big deal, just something I wanted pass along. Second, the boots seem to run about a half size too big or a little wider than I am used to. I generally wear a 9 1/2 medium to wide, depending on the brand. These seem like they would have been better for me if they were a 9 medium or 9 1/2 narrow. I'm not even sure that they are made in a narrow option, so my guess is that they run about a half-size too big. Of course, this could just be me and my feet. All-in-all a great boot, especially considering that their Red Wing identical counterpart sells for a lot more money. Oh, and before I forget, shipping seemed a bit slow on this purchase for whatever reason. The order arrived within the allotted shipping schedule, just slower than I usually experience from Amazon. No big deal though. Hope all of this information helps in your decision making process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boot ever, June 10, 2014
extra room in toe makes a huge difference in these boots being so comfortable, wedge heel makes for a nice day walking/standing on concrete floors. I wear the Irish Setter upland hunting boots when I'm at home so when I saw that they made them with a safety toe I knew I would love them right out of the box. I've worn them for 10+ hours a day for a week no sore spots no hot spots my socks last more the a few days without holes in the toes. best boot with a safety toe I've owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 17, 2014
Awesome fit
Best buy yet
The waitin period for shipping was early too
Simply awesome
Would it be possible to have free dhipping next time ;))

5.0 out of 5 stars good boots, May 24, 2014
Very good boots at least 1 size larger than most boots light weight.
Easy and comfortable break in i'm happy with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and durable boots for any ocasions, May 14, 2014
Fits great and is light as expected.
Wore on the day it arrived and got used to it on the same day.
Such comfortable boots in such reasonable cost is hard to find these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, May 13, 2014
I were a size 10EE ordered a 9.5 was told they run big i could have went down another size to a 9 will order again very light weight great boots

5.0 out of 5 stars The red wing irish setter!, April 30, 2014
Great boots! I love em the first time saw it! Comfort and affordable! But the size is a little extra bigger but all is good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable working boots, April 29, 2014
Very good & comfortable to wear the whole day.......its fit very well..to wear longer hours during working or casual ......and the best thing is no more pain...

Irish Setter Men's 6" Aluminum Toe Work Boot