Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Iron Maiden: En Vivo! [Blu-ray]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on March 28, 2012
By now if you're a Maiden fan, you know they like to treat their fans to a new compilation or live album every once in a while. So here we have En Vivo: Live At Estadio Nacinal, Santiago. Filmed in front of 50,000 Chilean fans, even before purchasing this concert, I knew it would be great. There's something about the South American fans and the concerts held there that are just phenomenal, previous proof is in the now classic Rock In Rio show. So, how does this show hold up to the other Maiden live releases?

Excellent. From the setlist of the new songs, the performances of them, the new stage and Eddie, this concert and band are on full throttle. The band is amazingly prowess and in great form executing the songs. The show opener is great, the crowd is absolutely fantastic, singing right along to the brand new title-track. Bruce can amazingly still hit those highs, check out The Talisman, which happens to be one of my personal favs off the Final Frontier. Even though there are usual suspects played again and again and again, the band still finds a way to breath new life in them some way, some how.

Now on the DVD/Blu-ray visual and audio, both are fantastic. The split screen shots of the concert really do justice to the huge band Maiden have now become, and the producers of the film really did a great job editing and shooting them. The audio is crisp and the mix sounds great. The bonus 'Behind The Beast' documentary is very, very insightful on the band's Final Frontier world tour. You really learn how much work and stress is put in to making these concerts just right every night. Also included is the promo video for the Final Frontier and a mini-doc on how it was made. Overall, this is great addition to any Maiden fan's library, and if you attended any part of this tour, a great momento of this incredible band at what they do best.

Now on a final side note, I am still anticipating on the History of Iron Maiden part 3 as many other fans might be. Here's hoping they will continue the series, and possibly record this years Maiden England throw-back tour, and include it on there? But for now, this concert should hold us fans over. Up The Irons!
on April 2, 2012
My boyfriend and I went to the Final Frontier concert in April 2011 and loved it! The Blu-Ray concert version was just as amazing as watching it live (also having a good sound system helps too). One of the bonus features we really enjoyed was of the band's behind the scenes globe-trekking experience---they go into detail about Ed Force One as well as the craziness they experience with production setup from country-to-country.

Overall, my boyfriend (a HUGE Iron Maiden fan) and I were highly impressed with the Blu-Ray.
on April 22, 2012
This is a solid performance from one of the most important hard rock bands in history. Though in their mid-late 50's, they still get it done. Smith and Murray can still shred. It is impressive to say the least. Bruce is still a solid front man, Nicko still plays barefoot, and Steve Harris still mouths the lyrics. If you have Live After Death on video then you know what Maiden looked like in their prime. They may jump around a little less, look a little older, and not wear spandex these days but musically they are just as strong as ever. The new songs in this concert are solid Maiden tunes. Due to the time, they will never replicate another 2 Minutes to Midnight or The Trooper, but that doesn't mean the new stuff isn't as good. Sadly, it's just not in style these days like it was in the 80's.

If you're a true Maiden fan, you will not be disappointed. Get this.
on April 1, 2014
Iron Maiden fans will love this album. The sound quality is extremely good, the crowd also gives a lot of strength to the recording. For me it is one of the best Maiden concerts. It is also one of the best live recordings I've ever seen in my life.
on March 6, 2013
I would have liked to see more of their old songs on here but this DVD is still great. They do an awesome job of presenting it with split screen so that you see two if not three of the band members rocking at one time instead of really fast choppy cuts back and forth. I loved the way they edited the footage together! Great concert!!
on January 28, 2013
Iron Maiden have several live albums, so for some this may be an unneeded live album/DVD. Nevertheless, the production and mastering of this album/DVD is pretty good, If you are a fan of Iron Maiden's live albums/DVDs, then you'll probably like this one as well considering you'll find their newest songs recorded live here. Its a good add on to the Iron Maiden live Discography over all. The video production is also very well done as well as the audio sequencing.
on April 8, 2012
I must warn the reader that I may not be objective reviewing this product. Because I'm a Maiden fan since their early years and I always tend to rate their products with five stars. (Yes even their albums from the 1990's; many people believe those albums are weak in Maiden standarts).

I live in Turkey and En Vivo DVD was released a few days late here. At the meantime, I -as many Maiden fans did - watched the songs in You Tube. But yet, I purchased the Limited Edition Steel Box. I believe many Maiden fans did the same.

In 2011, when the Final Frontier album was announced, it was scary for two reasons: There was a resemblance with Pink Floyd's The Final Cut album. First, both albums included the word "final" in their title and second both albums included a song about a nuclear holocaust. (Two Suns in the Sunset in The Final Cut and When the Wild Wind Blows in The Final Frontier.) Some commentators claimed that The Final Frontier would be the last album in Maiden's career. But soon after the album was released, Maiden announced a World Tour called The Final Frontier Tour. It was a great chance for me to watch them live in the Sonisphere leg of the tour in Istanbul/Turkey. It was the best show I've ever seen so far.

En Vivo was recorded in Santiago/Chile with the same list of songs. So, nothing new for those who watched Iron Maiden live in their World Tour. So what makes this DVD special?

Let's review one by one:

1. Nice album cover + booklet: I don't like seeing Eddie (Maiden's famous mascot) so disgusting in the album covers. My Favourite Eddie's are those in the Piece of Mind, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere in Time and A Matter of Life and Death album covers. In En Vivo's cover, we see Eddie with his huge teeth and small eyes at the upper half and Maiden on the stage at the lower half. Amazing Chilean fans are at the background. There's an 8 page booklet in the DVD, including the info about The Final Frontier World Tour, band members, special thanks, the "Killer Crew", etc, plus pictures from the show and that disgusting Eddie again.

2. First DVD (Concert) : Then the show begins with an empty view of the Estadio Nacional Stadium of Santiago. Then the Ed Force airplane flows over the stadium and a lovely Latin lady screaming "Maideeeeen". Then comes the screen divided to three. We watch pieces from the Final Frontier clip, band members landing on Chile and the Maiden fans - always so hot and amazing, they are the best parts of the Maiden shows. Finally, the stadium is full and Bruce Dickinson's digital view appears, singing the first lines of The Final Frontier song. (Stars at the background) This is a very exciting start for the show. After the opening, the live show begins and from the very begining of the concert, you feel the taste of a great Rock band.

The song selection may be discussed. Many Maiden fans would like to hear the songs such as Aces High, Run to the Hills, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner from the earlier period or songs such as Isle of Avalon, Starblind from The Final Frontier album. But, hey guys ! Remember, Iron Maiden can organize a concert and play all the songs available in their career and yet, Maiden fans would demand more and more. If I should criticize En Vivo DVD, it would be that: Why there's no song from A Matter of Life and Death album? (I think it's one of the best albums in Maiden's career.)

My favourite songs from En Vivo album are The Talisman, Dance of Death, Blood Brothers, When the Wild Wind Blows, Fear of the Dark and Hallowed Be Thy Name. I don't mean the other songs are performed bad. But I think, Maiden performance is at the height, especially in Talisman, Dance of Death and Fear of the Dark. Bruce Dickinson is more than a singer; almost an actor. Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Jannick Gers are perfect. Nicko is Nicko (any comment needed?) and Steve Harris is unbelievable. I am younger than all the members of the band and I can't believe how energetic they are, at the stage.

A walking Eddie appears in The Evil That Men Do. Then a giant Eddie appears behind the stage in the song Iron maiden, again. The last song is from the "Jurassic Park Period" of the band: Running Free. I think it was funny to close the show with that song. At least Maiden fans have hope now that Maiden will not disband and make new albums. ("2012 - Maiden England" tour was already announced.)

3. Second DVD (Behind the Beast) : As the name implies, this DVD is about the behind of the stage. I'm sure Maiden fans would like to see how that excellent show was planned from the very beginning in full details.

Finally ... We always ask ourselves: Why should I buy this product? My answer for En vivo is simple: This is the height in Maiden's carreer. If you're a Rocker, you have to own this DVD. Iron Maiden products are always worth of buying, and this is the best so far.
on April 20, 2013
What can I say...other than this is Iron Maiden doing what they do best and in front of 50,000 fans! I just love to see them feed off the energy from the excited fans there in Chile. I really liked the setlist on this one. A good mix of the Final Frontier songs and the classics. Just another great Iron Maiden DVD. These guys seem to get better with age.
on June 20, 2012
Well, this Blu-Ray is about the latest Iron Maiden tour and it TOTALLY ROCKS!

I was in the show here in Rio de Janeiro and with the Blu-Ray Image and sound is almost like you're back in the front line of the show!

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

UP THE IRONS!!!
on August 20, 2013
I liked this blu-ray the best compared to other Iron Maiden concerts I've watched on disk. I saw the Final Frontier Tour in San Antonio, so this disk brings back the memories. Overall good video footage and sound quality. The material in the extras section is good as well. Too bad they didn't produce a video for their last tour, so this will have to do. Recommended if you're an Maiden fan.