Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on April 9, 2015
Got the set today. The package consists of the three movies (1 disc for Iron Man, 1 disc for Iron Man 2, and two discs for Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray and DVD)). Nothing fancy, just the three movies in separate cases shrink-wrapped together with a one-page insert on the back of the package. All three disc cases are labeled 'not for individual sale'. As near as I can tell, the discs are new, not used. I didn't see any scratches or blemishes on the discs. All in all, a fantastic deal for these three movies.
22 comments69 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2014
I was initially confused by the packaging, as this box set appears to have been produced for the UK market (notice the rating emblem... it says '12' rather than 'PG-13'). Fortunately, this isn't an issue. These discs are region free, and play just fine on my USA market BD player (unlike DVDs, which were all region coded, many Blu-ray Discs are region free... however, some are still region coded, and the regions are different from DVDs, so research before you buy anything foreign).

All that aside, I am thoroughly pleased with this product. Take note, this is just the Blu-rays, and not a BD DVD Digital Copy combo pack, which is fine by me. I mean, $35 for the Ironman trilogy on Blu-Ray? That's fantastic!

As for the movies themselves, I cannot give an unbiased review, as my wife and I are both enormous Marvel fans. We actually bought this for each other for our anniversary. Yeah, we're that into it. Don't judge us.

With that disclaimer, I'll say that Ironman is an epically good film, by anyone's standards. The other two, even though they get picked on a lot, fail to live up to the first film in any way shape or for, and reinterpret the Marvel canon in some ways that are less than pleasing... really aren't bad. In fact, if either one of them had been a stand-alone film, outside of the wildly successful juggernaut that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I think they'd receive high reviews. I mean, Ironman 2 could have been better... much better. But compare it to Man Of Steel (which, as of now, is the only film in the current DC Cunematic Universe)... and it starts to look a lot better. Am I right?

Anyway, get this trilogy, and have a marathon. Watch them all in one sitting. Most...epic...date...night...ever!

Okay, I'm done.
11 comment49 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 10, 2014
This isn't really a review, I just thought I'd give potential customers some handy information about the films:

IRON MAN - 2008 - 126 minutes - Director: Jon Favreau - Starring: Robert Downey Jr, Gwenyth Paltrow, Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges - Genre: Superhero, action - Plot: Tony Stark, a charismatic billionaire, invents an armored suit that he uses to fight crime. PG-13

IRON MAN 2 - 2010 - 124 minutes - Director: Jon Favreau - Starring: Robert Downey Jr. Gwenyth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Mickey Rourke - Genre: Superhero, action - Plot: Iron Man now faces down multiple menaces, both to his health and status, and maybe his life. PG-13

IRON MAN 3 - 2013 - 130 minutes - Director: Shane Black - Starring: Robert Downey Jr. Gwenyth Paltrow, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley - Genre: Superhero, action - Plot: Iron Man now faces down his deadliest adversary yet: the ruthless Mandarin, as he finally faces down the ultimate question: is is the machine that makes the man, or the other way round? PG-13

Finally, let's crunch some numbers. This set costs $55.52, and contains 3 films. When we divide the price by the number of films, we get a price of $18.50 per film, which is $5.50 more than the Blu-rays for Iron Man 1 and 2, but is $10.67 CHEAPER than Iron Man 3's Blu-ray. When you add the prices for the individual Blu-rays, you get $55.09, saving you 43 cents, but when you factor in the SHIPPING, this Blu-ray set is the BETTER DEAL. I hope this information is helpful to you. Cheers!
1313 comments137 of 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2014
I've always loved Iron Man, and this pack brings these great movies together for the right price.
on April 17, 2015
Highly recommend this set for any Marvel Cinematic universe fan! Iron Man 3 is the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, so you get four discs in this set. There's no outer box, just the three individual cases wrapped together in plasic. Once you open it, it's just three separate cases, as if you bought them individually.
on June 16, 2015
This is a not a "collection" but simply all three Iron Man films grouped together in their separate packaging. However, if you're looking start, complete or upgrade your collection of MCU films, this one is a good deal.

The films? It's Robert Downey, Jr. as hyperactive man-child Tony Stark with all the snark, special effects and fun you expect from the Marvel movies. If you haven't seen them, let me suggest you watch Iron Man, Iron Man II, jump over to the Avengers, then watch Iron Man III. There are flaws in all of them, but Downey is a joy, with some of his funniest and best scenes interacting with JARVIS or Tony's robots. And, while Iron Man II is considered by many the weakest of the three, it does have two of the best moments in the Iron man series. First Coulson telling Stark, "If you try to escape, or play any sort of games with me, I will taze you and watch "Supernanny" while you drool into the carpet."

The second is a hungover Stark in the suit sitting in the center of the iconic Randy's Donuts sign as dawn breaks over LA. "Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the donut."

Tony Stark in a giant concrete donut. What more can one ask?
22 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2015
This is a set of all three Iron Man movies in Blue-ray, each movie in it's own disc cases. The Iron Man 3 case contains two disc, the Blue-ray version and the DVD version so in all the set has four disc. Each disc contains extras. All are in 5.1, DTS-HD Surround Sound.

My only real complaint is that each of the seperate disc cases had some wear/tear of the plastic covering on the edge. Each case also has a "Not for Individual Sale" sticker on the back which is hard to get off and leaves the plastic wrinkled. I would prefer the set to be in one multi-disc case but for the price and quality this packaging is fine.

As for the movies themselves the quality is what should be expected from Blue-ray - sharp, detailed and vibrant video with superb audio sound. My 5.1 sound system put out distinct sound effects with the direction of action scenes clearly moving across my left and right surround speakers.

An excellent set for the $23!
on January 23, 2015
I do not believe these are legitimate copies of the movies. The product arrived open, no shrink wrap on the main box set or on the individual blu-ray cases. None of the leaflet inserts were in the cases. Play back was ok with short hiccups, sound quality dropped drastically about 30 minutes in. Playback ended entirely after another 45 minutes. Could not play past point without skipping ahead.
22 comments12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2014
Great boxset for those who like Iron Man trilogy. It's nice to have all of them in one package.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015