From the Back Cover
- Install IronRuby and choose the right development environment for your needs
- Master IronRuby syntax, methods, blocks, classes, modules, libraries, and more
- Write code that takes advantage of IronRuby's dynamic and metaprogramming features
- Utilize .NET services and frameworks to write more powerful Ruby code than ever before
- Incorporate efficient data access into your IronRuby applications
- Use IronRuby to build Windows software with both WinForms and WPF
- Rapidly build high-quality Web applications with IronRuby and Ruby on Rails
- Create rich Web 2.0 applications with IronRuby and Microsoft Silverlight
- Test .NET code with Ruby's leading unit testing frameworks
- Run IronRuby code from other .NET code, and create .NET code libraries that fit well with IronRuby code
About the Author
Shay Friedman works extensively with IronRuby and other dynamic languages, but got his start writing DOS scripts at age 8. He has been working professionally since age 16–first as a freelance Web developer, coding mainly in ColdFusion and ASP, and later as part of an information security team in an Israel Defense Forces (IDF) unit, where he developed in C#, C++, and Perl. Friedman moved on to join Advantech Technologies as a C# developer, and later as the leader of a Web development team at ActionBase. He currently works as a consultant and teacher of dynamic languages and ASP.NET at The Sela Group, conducting training courses around the world.
Feel free to contact the author through his website at http://www.IronShay.com.