Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Polder IBC-9449-82 Ironing Board Cover and Pad, 49 by 18-Inch, Natural
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 49"|Color: Natural|Change

on February 2, 2010
I love this cover! I have only been using it for a week but it's nice and fits very snug. If you want to keep the cover as snug as possible, you should buy those extra cover fasteners for underneath the board that are sold separately. But it fits fine without them too. They would just make it even more snug to the board. It has tight elastic all the way around the outside so it pulls tight around the board. I like the fact that the pad and the cover are one piece. I also want to emphasize that I do not have a Polder brand board and it still fits great.
on September 26, 2009
I have owned a Polder ironing board for about ten years and needed a new cover. The replacement cover is better than the original.
It is durable and padded - very easy to iron on. I love it!
on December 9, 2011
This ironing board cover has a stretchy band around the edge that does nothing to tighten the cover and create a smooth fit. The edges ripple which is terrible for ironing. The description refers to a bungee cord which is misleading because there is no separate cord. The manufacturer is referring to the stretchy band around the edge. This is a bad design, for as we all know, to get a good fit on an ironing board cover, you need to both tighten the edge and have bands that cross under the board. I suggest Rowenta ZD6020 which is hard to find but has both a well designed drawstring and two strong velcro straps that cross under the board holding the cover tight and smooth. As for the Polder, forget it.
on May 9, 2009
It seems this size cover 51 in x 17 is hard to find. I believe Polder no longer makes this size ironing board. The covers are great. Plenty of padding for my needs and good thickness of fabric. I prefer a lighter color but amazon only carries the cocoa color. I would highly recommend this product.
on January 25, 2014
I had such high hopes for this cover…it went on and fit like a glove and it looked amazing…ironing on it was so easy and I was so glad I bought it…until a couple days later…I do not iron a lot but I do wear dark color clothing like denim and black knits…the color from my clothing transferred on to the cover and it will not come off. This means that I can't iron white clothes on it or the color might transfer to them. Thankfully I also bought a metallic type cover from this same company…we haven't used it yet…and I am angry that I only got a few days worth of use out of this one. My old ironing board covers were light just like this one…I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They worked fine but it was a pain to put them on and the elastic on this seemed a no brainer. At least when I used their covers I just used a sticky tape roller and was able to remove any residue…it doesn't work on this cover…the color still rubs off. I do not want to just use an ironing board cover for light clothes and another for dark clothes…so this will not work for me or for anyone else who irons dark as well as light clothing. I am giving it three stars because it is a good quality and it fits nicely. Maybe I gave it one star too many...
on August 8, 2011
I bought a 54" x 13.5" board at Wal Mart for $13.50 and bought this cover to put on it. In regards to an ironing board, I couldn't be more happy. The cover has no draw strings or straps to hold it in place - only the elastic. The pad and cover are one piece so it's not frustrating while you're positioning the cover. With a little work shaping it around the board it was tight and wrinkle-free. I had purchased some straps to further secure it but haven't installed them. Absolutely no need for them.
on September 7, 2011
I had to order a new ironing board cover after my last one got way too old and the foam underneath started to disintegrate. At first I ordered the thick one made for "heavy use" but it ended up being WAY too thick, almost like ironing on a mattress. This one is a good compromise between thickness and practicality. I imagine this cover would last me many years before having to replace it again.
on February 16, 2010
Although this item a bit pricy for an ironing board cover-it is very good quality and would recommend this if you have the oversize board. They don't seem to be available anywhere except on-line--Joy Elbert
on March 3, 2010
This cover is 100 times better than the original cover that came with my Polder Ironing Board. The fit is great and the fabric is very nice. The brown color is a change from the original off white cover but I'm hoping that it will hide scorch marks much better. I am planning to add some of those ironing board cover grips as I'm pretty aggressive with my iron.
on March 25, 2016
This product arrived with very deep wrinkles in the fabric. That's not so great when you want a smooth surface for ironing or aesthetically pleasing board for your washroom. I tried to iron them out and the fabric seemed like it was changing color, releasing an odor, and getting scorched after a few passes on the cotton-linen setting with steam. This is another terrible, cheap product made in China.