Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on November 29, 2010
Love, love, love this inversion table! Best feature is the heated pad. This model heats up all over the pad -- not in one or two small areas like other models. Worth the extra cost! The heat relaxes the back even more, and feels soooo good!

This unit is very sturdy. We were impressed with the quality of the parts.

Assembly was actually much easier than it looked from glancing at the instructions. They're very detailed -- a good thing -- so it makes it look like there are a gazillion small parts to figure out. But there were just a few steps, and the instructions and pictures were excellent. We got it put together in about 30 minutes -- him with the screwdriver, and me basically watching him.

Haven't figured out yet how to fold it up flat for storage. Might need to flip the back upside down? Or maybe pop the footrest off? Oh well -- minor inconvenience, compared to how thrilled we are with this thing.

Oh! One more thing -- yes, hanging upside down by your feet does hurt the ankles. Not so bad if you keep your feet flexed, but that also keeps almost the entire leg tense and the goal is to relax. I tried putting on my Ugg boots, and that extra cushioning made it much more comfortable. Still feel pulling on the ankles, but not the cuffs digging into the foot.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2013
I bought this for my husband who is in construction and has bulging discs in his neck and arthritis in his back. I spent the extra money to get the infared heat because I have fibromyalgia and the heat helps my hips. Here are my specific comments:

1. I have a Prime membership and it was delivered in two days. It was packaged excellently. There was no damage to any parts.

2. At first the assembly looked like it was going to take forever. It showed a schematic picture of it and it seemed like it was going to be a lot of steps. It wasn't! Surprisingly it was easy to put together. The only part we had trouble with, that the directions didn't seem to be clear enough on was installing the swing arms and the table part. The best way to do that is to really just go by comparing it to the picture of the machine as it is put together. It will make it much easier for you.

3. If you are going to purchase an inversion table, spend the extra money to get a good quality machine. This machine is solid throughout, I have not found any weaknesses at all. I believe it said the weight limit was 350 pounds and it certainly is strong enough to accomodate that weight.

4. Don't wear shoes when going on the machine. If you do, you will have trouble getting the ankle locks to fit correctly. We found that we set it to a height shorter than what we actually are to make sure the ankle locks are in the correct place.

5. There is a strap under the machine that you can adjust that will guide how far back it will let the table go. I have started by only let it tip me backwards about half of how far it can go. It says you may get dizzy or nauseaus but neither my husband or I experienced that.

6. You are suppose to be able to control going backward and forward by raising your arms. Um not for us LOL!! Maybe after some practice. We pull ourselves up with the handles and once you get your torso lifted the table will go back to the normal position.

7. The heat is FABULUOUS! Feels so good!

8. Overall I cannot find any fault with this equipment. This is one of the best buys we have made. My husband goes on each day a couple times a day for 10 minutes and his back is feeling better already. Well worth the money!!

June 11, 2013 update
My husband loves this machine!! He gets on just about every day and he can feel his back go into alignment. I should be getting on every day but usually forget! My 9 year old daughter also gets on and loves it. I don't think it's ever to young to keep your back in healthy shape.

Still lovin this and thinking it was one of my best purchases yet!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2013
Super fast shipping!
UPDATE 1/31/2015
I moved to a new house today, as I was packing my ironman inversion table I noticed its legs are foldable. I previously had no idea about this. We all make mistakes.
I'm using this to five stars from my previous 4 stars. Even though I think there could be some improvements made. Compared to the rest of the inversion tables out there its 5 stars.
UPDATE 10/18/2014
I have had this device for about a year now.

I weigh about 240lbs and this thing is STURDY!
I get INSTANT PAIN RELIEF when using this!
To make significant progress and get good spinal decompression make sure to use this device for at least 15 min.
I recently bought the Teeter EP 960 and I like this Iron Man better. The only advantage to the Teeter is that it is collapsible and can be stored, whereas this Iron man, once its set up, thats where it staying.

Just like most of the inversion tables out there, the cuffs for the feet are not padded enough, nor are they large enough.
Im a big guy though.
I still believe there could be much more improvement on the cuffs.
Also there is no position locking mechanism so that is annoying. You have to use a strap, on the bottom side of the table, that you have to manually adjust every time you want to change angles.

The heating pad heats up thats for sure.
Im not sure about this whole "FAR infra red" thing though....but the heating pad heats up quite nicely.
I wish the table was more contoured to for the back because the heating pad does not make contact with your lower back once inverted.

I hope Ironman reads this.

PRO's - VERY STURDY TABLE (more sturdy than any other table I have seen) - GOOD HEATING PAD, EASY TO ASSEMBLE
PRICE - throw in my suggestions and it would be an excellent buy! otherwise, its still good for the price.
CON"S - needs position locking feature - needs better foot cuffs (but so do all the other inversion tables) - having a contoured (for the spine) table would make a huge difference.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2011
Just recieved the IFT 4000 Inversion table this afternoon. It was shipped in a nice sturdy carton & was packaged very well to prevent damage to the parts during shipment & handling. All the hardware (nuts/washers, etc.) were clearly detailed in the instructions & it even came with a couple multi-use hex tools so I didn't even have to dig into my tools for wrenches. I'd say it took about 45 minutes for me to assemble the table (and I did it solo). Once all was checked out & wires secured to the frame with the included velcro strips I just HAD to try it out! Everything seems secure & the heat didn't take long at all to start noticing on my back. I felt a little dizzy coming back up, but that was just because I didn't allow enough "re-acclimation" to 'normal'. One thing I was confused about was that the assembly instructions talk about a couple pivot bars that have 3 holes in them. The instructions seem to indicate that for beginners the best starting place is the 'bottom' holes (which allow for the LEAST inversion). I thought I had it the way they state but I get COMPLETE inversion in those holes. I must have placed the pivot bar in the top ones. It doesn't seem all that easy to switch. I'll have to study that some more. It doesn't reflect on the quality, just an adjustment.
As for quality: WOW! Nice & solid. I'm glad I bought it & think it will do a great job. My feet felt secure in the foot holders & I was wearing tennis shoes.
Overall, a great piece of euipment.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 11, 2013
I'm not one to leave negative reviews, but poor customer service will ruin the best of products. I received this item a few days ago. It's a very sturdy item and assembled pretty easily. However, when I used it the first time, I smelt burning plastic after about 20 minutes. The corner of the heating unit started to melt.

I tried calling the customer support line. No available support people.

I tried emailing customer support. No response after 3 days.

I tried calling again, and left a voice mail. No response after 2 days.

I'm sorry I bought this. I bought it specifically for the heating pad. Now, I fear I'm stuck with something that I can't return.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear customer,
Thank you for your review and feedback. We really apologize that we were not be able to reach you in time. Please contact us again at 1-866-924-1688 or in order for us to process the replacement part you need to have this problem solve, we will be happy to assist you.
on March 31, 2013
Before i had the Ironman IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table, the doctor recommeded fussion surgery for the neck pain and the pinch nerve in the neck. The bones in my neck will be fused together. Now, with my inversion heat table I don't have to have the surgery any more. I perform my own therapy with the table. 2 or 3 times in a day for 5 minutes. Whiles my whole body is inverted i masage my neck with a vibrator releasing the pressured nerve from the adjoining neck vetebrae. I relaxed my back nerves first with heat from the Ironman IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table. This helps alot with my neck pain exercises. Thank God surgery is no longer an option to relieve my neck and back pain. The table was easy to put together and very easy to manuver once on it. The benefits worth the price.
on November 26, 2014
I obsessively read reviews for all my major purchases and generally go for the best product and not necessarily the best deal. I have never really taken the time to "give back", but will do so now.

Some background on the back: I have been extremely active for 50 years now. I probably have 30,000 miles on both snowmobiles and motorcycles. Perhaps 1000 miles on riding mowers. I have been hang gliding for over 20 years, skiing for over 30 years, have shoveled tons of snow, and now I am employed as a wind turbine technician. I have pushed myself physically too far all my life playing and working hard. In my crazy days I suffered numerous traumas, I'll leave it at that. All in all, I'm still blessed with excellent health and fitness, but time, and this recent job, has been taking its toll. I have occasionally gone to chiropractors when I really needed to, and get excellent results, but rarely follow up more than once or twice and allow them to suck me in. With this device, I believe I will rarely ever go again.

All that said, I love this product. It honestly gives me great results, and I definitely feel better each and every time I use it. The heating pad is VERY nice, but truthfully, in 4 months, I have only used it a few times. Generally, I get my quick 5-10 minute fix a couple times a day and then I'm on the go. It takes a bit of time for it to get hot, and it penetrates the best when your weight is fully on it in the horizontal position, and I usually want to quickly seek my inverted time. I'm still glad I got the option for when I do want it though (and it looks cool) The feature of the extended release mechanism is appreciated. The ankle supports are reasonably comfortable and varies with your footwear. Considering what you are doing, all of them are going to stress your ankles a bit, but the stretch is oh so worth it. I was happy with the quality and appearance, and got it together in about half an hour.

Do your transitions slowly as recommended, and you will quickly get used to it and almost become addicted to the relief and sense of clarity you feel after a session.

This has been a worthy investment in myself and certainly worth the floor space. I also took family genetics with disk problems into account, and consider use preventative maintenance. I feel much better about myself for doing a review :-)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2014
I bought this table 6 months ago and wish I'd done it 10 years ago. At the time I was virtually sedentary, on a lot of pain medication, and eating soft or liquid food. Chronic pain affects appetite and I was dangerously under-weight. Nobody mentions the changes that can happen in the digestive system! I must have had a 'kink in the hose,' because within a week my digestion had improved enormously, I'm eating solid food and have gained 10 necessary pounds. I live alone and so don't have any issues with having to change settings, and chose this one specifically for the additional safety features. That strap that keeps it from going clear over is very important, especially for the elderly, and the extra width lends a feeling of security. Soft tissue needs a chance to adjust to the stretching so I started at a gentle slant. After 3 months my chiropractor had me lengthen the strap a couple of inches. This is physical therapy, and those who have needed PT know it can be painful and take time; I expect to see continued improvement. I no longer have a stabbing lumbar pain with every step; my feet no longer twitch and cramp painfully; my legs don't suddenly give out and drop me. I take less than half the pain meds I was taking and continue to decrease. I expect to be entirely free of the need for them within a few more months. I haven't needed the heat feature yet, but will probably enjoy it this winter. I was at a stage where my physician recommended an MRI in preparation for probable surgery. At this point, I can't imagine I'll ever need spinal surgery. Now I just need to keep working to build muscle. It's one of the best investments of my entire life; instead of spending my old age lying on an ice pack, I'm walking on the beach and life is very, very good!
on April 11, 2014
First off I have to commend them on excellent customer service. My table didn't come shipped with the little nylon protective triangles on either side and I called them to get it replaced...I got it less than a week later in perfect condition with only my Amazon order number required. Bravo to every person on their team for having a wonderful and helpful staff.

I had this thing together in about 20-30mins and they included all the tools (though I found my personal ratcheting screwdriver to be very useful as the screwdriver they include is less than ideal) and the only heavy part about the construction is putting on the part that you lay in. Its adjustable for different heights as well as tilt level (if you pull the part you lay on out and move the arms on either side to another hole it makes it tilt differently).

Construction wise, everything looks to be made very well with the utmost care taken in protecting you and the equipment. The feet aren't adjustable at all, but because of how the legs fold they really don't need to be. The ratcheting leg locks work very well, but if you have wide ankles like my daughter it is a little harder to fit into it!

The heating element gets warm very fast and can be adjusted to temperature and how long you want it to run...there is even a celsius or fahrenheit adjustment. The wire has an anchor on the leg of the side its mounted on so you never have to risk getting the wire anywhere near any moving parts....very well engineered.

All and all I'm very pleased with my purchase, and my back has never felt better! My wife who has trouble popping her neck and is usually very stiff in the shoulders and neck has been able to pop herself and feels looser and is noticeably less rigid. I recommend getting someone who knows their way around tools to build it (as it does have a couple heavy parts and I could see someone with back problems struggling with it) but it seems like equipment that will last me a very long time.
on November 1, 2013
I was shopping for an inversion table hoping for some relief from osteoarthritis in my thoracic and lower lumbar spine. I decided to buy this inversion table because it seemed sturdy and I really liked the idea of infrared heat therapy on the full back.

The Ironman IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table is everything is claims to be - very sturdy, well built, heating throughout entire bed, easy foot-locking mechanism, valuable safety handles!

With my osteoarthritis, it's taking me a while to get used to the reverse-pressure (decompressing) of my lower lumbar spine especially - but this has nothing to do with the table. I have just set it to less of an incline for now, and will adjust as my back improves. I cannot imagine enjoying this table half as much if not for the Infrared Therapy, so well worth the extra money for it:)