5.0 out of 5 stars Great Table for the Price
This is my first inversion table, so I do not know how others are designed or operate. I purchased this one based on the sturdy look of the table, as I am about 210lbs (and 5'11").
Published on November 21, 2010 by RODNEY L STANLEY

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay not great
Published 21 months ago by c benjamin dunkley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Table for the Price, November 21, 2010
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
I have no disc between my 1st vertebrae and my pelvis. I had built an inversion table in my old house, but it was fastened to the beams in the basement, so I needed a portable unit.

My Criteria: Support my weight easily, Fold for easy storage, easy to operate for my family members.

Very sturdy and quality construction. It uses 1 1/2" steel tube and the welds look great. The hand rails are nicely padded and very well attached. The balance of the table in operation is great.

Easy to assemble. It took me nearly as long to unpack and unwrap all the parts as it did to put it together.
I'd say assembly was about an hour from unopened box to finish. The hardware is laid out in a nice blister pack with the steps labeled on the pack (though one step did not match the instructions, but this is minor).
The tools included worked very well. You may need a second set of hands to help fasten the table to the swing arms.

In use: a lot of other reviews for other tables talk about the pressure on the feet. This is somewhat of an item with this table as well. This one does have the U-shaped cups at the back of the ankles which seem to work pretty well. The padding on the front bar is quite good. When in use your feet seem to be allowed to form a partial "en-point" (think: Ballet) which is OK, but seems it could be better. I do not know if other tables keep your feet "square" when in use, or if this is common. (Of course you have to remember, your feet and ankles are NOT used to this sort of thing!)

I ended up wrapping some towels around the front bar; combined with socks and shoes this makes the pressure on the feet entirely tolerable.

This combined with keeping the table at about a 45 deg angle (instead of full inversion) allows me to hang for ten minutes or more. Plus I can rest my arms in the handrails in this position.

The height adjustment is geared more towards balance than where your head ends up. I set the height for mine at 5'11" and it balances me excellently. I can raise my arms and immediately begin to upright. Changing the setting for a shorter person allows me to attempt sit-ups, and can use the hand rails to upright. My head does end up hanging off the end of the table somewhat, about at the base of the skull. This may be an issue for some folks. I'm fine with it. The padding of the table is adequate, but not "cushy". There is no headrest cushion or anything like that.

The table folds up very easily with the pull of a pin. It is a bit heavy to move around, but this is because it is a sturdy, well built table. The handrails offer excellent handles for maneuvering the table around.

Gripes: (all of which are minor, but here they are) When moving the table around in the folded position, it wants to unfold. a latch or strap would be very handy.

It did have a small tear in the edge of the pad. I think this occurred in shipping, as there were a few small splinters on the underlying plywood. I cannot see this as a QC oversight from the factory. Note that I have yet to notice this spot again since I have starting using it.

It would be nice if the lock pin had a lanyard or something, as I never know what to do with the pin when the unit is folded. I can tie it with some string I suppose.

There is no indexing for the table position. It uses an adjustable strap, which works fine, just not as convenient. I suppose if you are willing to pay more, you can get this on a table. I'm just fine with it as is.

I'm giving this table 5 stars as I think it is an excellent table for the money. I am quite surprised I can get a table of this quality for the price (about $120). I've used this table about 9 sessions so far, and I can already tell something is different. The pain is not as precise and seems to be abating.
If you can overlook the minor quirks, this table should serve reliably for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built - no need to pay more!, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
Pros:

- Price= good value for the money. I can't see spending more, as this table does the job nicely and has quality construction.
- Well built and sturdy. Much more substantial in construction than most other inversion tables. Looks like it will last for many years and should support very heavy users (up to 300lbs).
- Very easy to adjust to your height and body type (you can't just go by your height, as body proportion is a factor in balancing the table).
- Well padded on arm holds, back table, and foot rests. Some have mentioned that they have added padding (towels) to the foot pads, but I found that they are adequate as is.

Cons:

- Assembly took about 45min. to 1 hour (easier than Ikea furniture, but the directions could have been better written). Faster if you use your own tools (they supply an allen wrench and open end wrenches, but a socket set will make it go faster).
- Awkward to move around when folded for storage, as the frame wants to come open.(A velcro strap will solve the problem).
- Directions are sparse on how to use the table, especially for a beginner. I recommend looking at some websites dedicated to inversion tables and watch their videos or read their recommendations (more on this later).

Recommendations:

- Buy this inversion table if you want a well built, heavy duty machine.
- Make sure you put it together correctly and check the fasteners on a regular basis.
- Start out slowly and invert only to 20-30 degrees to start. Most people should not fully invert to 90 degrees, and most will never need to. Most of the back rehab and spine experts (on websites) state that you should slowly work up to 40-60 degrees over a period of weeks. That is adequate and will decompress the spine, with few people needing full (90 degree) inversion.
- Start with 1 to 2 minutes and work up to 5 to 10 minutes.
- Balance the table by adjusting the height so that you invert with hands raised over you head and return to starting position with hands at your side. Learn to go up and down slowly by using you hand position.

Personal note - I have found that using this inversion table began to lessen my pain (sciatica) almost immediately. I plan to use it 2 times a day a a regular part of my program to stay out of back pain, along with my stretching and strengthening routine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay not great, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
I have had two inversion tables. This is the second I have owned. The first one I had was by Norditrack. It worked great and had degree settings on the side so you could stop at 90, 75, 60, 45 and 30 degrees of inversion from horizontal. My wife loaned it to my Brother-in-law and cant bring herself to ask for it back. I decided to buy another. Norditrack doesn't make an inversion table any more unfortunately as I only paid $150 for it in the first place. Thus I started looking at other options and I found the Ironman LX300. The reviews were mostly favorable.

Setting the table up was simple enough though still took a good hour. It is much lighter than my previous inversion table so getting it into the house was not a problem. The box is a little large and awkward, however. Though lighter than my previous table, it still feels very solid when you are hanging in it. Construction is solid.

I have found the weakness with most tables is the ankle clamp. By weakness I mean uncomfortable when hanging for longer the a minute or two. The clamping mechanism on the Ironman LX300 is much lower quality than my Norditrack. The posterior ankle support is too high on the calf. Hence when you get clamped in, the front and back support are not directy opposing each other. This makes hanging upside doewn uncomfortable. If you are not flexing your feet (oppisite of pointing your feet) you feel like you could possibly slip out. The norditrack had a better clamp system with the pivot under the feet hence it clamped directly front to back. It felt much more secure, though it had less padding than the Ironman table and thus after hanging in it for a couple minutes it dug into the feet. Haven't found the perfect table yet.

More annoying though is the fact that I cant hang direclty straight up and down without holding onto the floor or frame and pulling myself into a vertical position. The offest for the pad you rest on is not correct. The pivot point (supposded to be centerd on your body) is to far infront of my body. I can only lay back to about 75 degrees without using my hands to pull myself vertical. Even when I adjust for someone much shorter (hence putting more weight above the pivot point) I cant compensate for the poor offest. I will likely drill new holes in the levers that hold the pad you rest on moving it anterioly.

Lastly the only way to adjust how much inversion you have is a strap that hooks on to the bar in the ankle area. You have to adjust the length to stop you short of vertical if you desire that. If you decide to change the length, you have to get off to adjust the strap (as it is located under the table). Higher end Ironman tables have a "Magic Brake" system that adjusts the degree of inverson. The mechanism is located on the side of on of the pivot points and sounded a lot like the Norditrack version. However, after reading a number of reviews, I found many comment saying the locking mechanism worked poorly. One person said the brake broke completely locking him upside down (had to call a neighbor on his cell to come help him get out). I decided on the strap. I miss the Norditrack locking mechanism as I could adjust it even when hanging in the table.

Overall it is a solid table. The biggest problem is its hard to hang vertically upside down. I give this flaw "0" stars (thats what an inversion table is supposed to do). The ankle clamp is mediocore, 2-3 stars. The overall stability and quality I give 5 stars (I never worry I may fall over or it will unexpectedly fall apart). Hence the overall 3 star rating. Hope this helps. Sorry the review is so long. Good luck with your inversion table purchase. Nothing you can do that is better for your back!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ironman took the P out of pain., November 27, 2010
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
After much research,I opted for the Ironman LX300(1)Because of the name (I have an elliptical that I have been using for 5 days a week for years & (2) The price.I wasn't dissapointed the structure is sound.Assembly was extremely simple,between 20-30 minutes on my own.Not much more to say really.It did the job better than I could have dreamed.I had used an inversion table once at a friends.The ankle straps really hurt me.Not with the Ironman.A pleasure,very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, great pain relief, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
I could not believe how high quality this item was at the price. It is all metal (not cheap plastic), very quiet (no squeaking) and easy to assemble and use (hubby assembled it within a few minutes and was immediately using it), easy to move around my room when needed (not heavy, and I am a 5/4 female, 116 pounds, with a horrible back and neck), doesn't take up a lot of room at all, and my husband even loves to do crunches upside down on it (he is 200 lbs). Even the bottom legs do not scratch out laminate floors when I move it around. I am extremely picky when it comes to quality and value, and am SO glad I chose this table. I did a ton of research. I have horrible bulging and herniated discs in my lower back that flare up VERY often, along with sciatica as a result. My orthopedics doc gave me anti inflammatories and pain killers (which I loathe and refuse to take) and said the next step would be spinal injections (which I did NOT want to do), and I also continue to get adjustments by my chiropractor. I've tried EVERYTHING out there and do back exercises 3+ times a day with very little relief. I got to the point where I would lay in bed crying because I was in such severe pain and had tried EVERYTHING. Medicine, adjustments, physical therapy, strengthening exercises, massage therapy, back braces, creams and rubs, pain patches, YOU NAME IT, I've spent thousands trying to find relief. I could not walk, sit in any chair or couch, or bend over to pick up anything, and I am only in my late 20s but felt like I was stuck in the body of a 90 year old crippled person. Since I started using this inversion table, I have found that my pinched nerve pain is GONE. MIRACULOUSLY GONE. I was absolutely shocked. It is truly great for decompressing your spine and I recommend it to anyone who has back pain, and even neck pain! It has saved me SO much money because I was about to sign up for yet another round of new physical therapy (which I have already been doing for 2 years). When I have a flare up or lift something heavy that causes my nerves to get pinched again, I just use this about twice a day, for just a few minutes (2-6 minutes) and I am a new person again. I also recommend that you lay upside down for 30 seconds, then slowly upright for 30 seconds, and repeat this a few times. This gets you the gently pumping action you need to get circulation going to your spine so waste around your spine and nerves can be moved away. TRY IT OUT, you CAN get relief! I lay at about a 60-70 degree angle on it, the strap lets you choose your angle and you can hang at your angle hands free.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entry level table, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
A decent entry level table. Assembles easily and works fairly well. However, the padding is minimal and the length of the table is about two inches shorter than more expensive Ironman tables, so the end of the table may rest on your lower cranium rather than the midpoint, depending on the length of your legs and the balance point required for the table to easily rotate for your body. Again, you get what you pay for, and for occasional use this table is fine. But if you are a daily user, spend more and get a nicer table.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy to use., November 18, 2010
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
Easy to set-up (took ~20 minutes), very sturdy and easy to use. The height and leg adjustments are easy to change, the padded backboard is very comfortable and moving from upright to inversion and back is very easy with the nicely padded handles. And, most importantly, my back feels great after a couple weeks of use.

The only thing I suggest is using your own wrenches for assembly if you can, the ones provided work but seemed just a little off-sized so they created some knuckle busting moments until I grabbed my own crescent wrench.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy use & assembly, comfortable, good simple quality, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
The LX300 is a good deal for the price. It is easy to assemble in about 30 mins. The few parts are in a step-numbered blister pack. Assembly of structure is obvious. Wrenches enclosed are easily good enough for this job.

It is comfortable and easy to use. The ankle grips are very comfortable with shoes or just barefoot. Table cushion is sufficiently padded and ankle cuffs are comfortable enough to stay way over the recommended time. I have to make myself get down. (Use a timer.)

A few test flips to get the length adjusted to your body and it's quickly very easy to control the incline angle and speed by just gently raising or lowering your arms or head. The strap to control the incline angle is easy to detach for folding and storage of the unit, depending on how tightly you set the strap.(But incline is so easy to control with your body the strap seems superfluous.) A simple pin secures the unit's supports in use and tucks into a spare hole in storage. All the components are sturdy and operate smoothly without any wobbling. Fit and finish are good. Fast delivery via Amazon Prime.

Use a bungee cord to keep the table surface/cuffs/footrest in place when you fold it up and lean it against a wall. Put non-slip pad beneath to help it stay in place at near-vertical to take minimal space.

The frame is made of nicely finished square steel stock with good smooth welds. However the steel makes it heavier than I'd like (though it's much lighter than more expensive models.) I would have given this five stars if the frame were made of aluminum, which would make it easier to fold and store.

Unless you're way tall I don't see why anyone should spend more, especially since the higher-priced units are typically heavier with little or no extra functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the $300+ one that my brother bought..., August 26, 2011
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
I read seemingly hundreds of reviews before I purchase a product. For the $120ish money that I spent on this product, I am very pleased. I was stopping over at my brother's house daily for a few weeks to work out a back issue. The issue had hung around (no pun intended) for several months. Once I started using the inversion table, it cleared up in weeks. My brother paid over $300 for his table. The end result is that my table may look a little different, but it is well built and it does the exact same thing. I am very pleased with it. Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars WELL BUILT FOR THE PRICE, January 23, 2011
MICHAEL BROWN (OSSINING, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ironman LX 300 Inversion Table (Sports)
THIS IS OUR FIRST INVERSION TABLE AND WE DIDN'T WANT TO SPEND A LOT NOT KNOWING IF IT WOULD HELP OUR BAD BACKS. THE UNIT WAS EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND APPEARS QUITE STURDY. I AM 5 FT 11 INCHES AND WEIGH 200 LBS. I HAVE BEEN USING THIS UNIT TWICE A DAY FOR OVER A WEEK NOW AND MY BACK FEELS BETTER THAN IT HAS ALL WINTER. I HAVE 2 HERNIATED DISKS AND ARTHRITIS. IT IS WELL BALANCED AND WE HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING FROM UPRIGHT TO INVERTED AND BACK. THERE IS AN ADJUSTABLE STRAP TO RESTRICT HOW FAR YOU INVERT. THE UNIT CAN BE FLATTENED AND STORED IN A CORNER OR CLOSET BY PULLING ONE PIN.

Ironman LX300 Inversion Therapy Table
$129.00 $116.00
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies