Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: IRWIN Tools VISE-GRIP Pliers, Diagonal Cutting, 8-Inch (2078308)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on March 30, 2012
These pliars are great for house wiring and cutting medium wire. Do not use these on hardened wire or large steel wire. I use these to cut house wiring to length because they give me more cutting leverage than Lineman Side Cutter Pliers. It is also easy for me to see exactly where I am cutting and get close to devices when I am cutting. I used them to add two electrical outlets for my cable amplifier and home ethernet network switch. I also use these to cut coax cable when I don't have my cable cutters. I like the insulated handles in case I get into a live wire by mistake.
on June 8, 2011
I consider this tool as a professional tool. The quality is pretty good, the steel is excellent, the handles are comfortable, very sharp, the size is great.

I was cutting a negative wire for car batteries (is really thick) without problems, and without pain on my hands.

I have one diagonal cutting pliers, but the problem with this one is the size: 6 inches long and the jaws do not have the size to cut thick wires (like wires for car and truck batteries).

Great tool!!
on July 22, 2013
i am an electrician and after losing klein's 30 to 45 dollars dikes to wear and tear i wanted to go cheap, but i am surprised at the quality. it works as well as my klein's and cost half of it. i am happy with them. ONLY con is the grip , i just have to get use to it.
on February 22, 2016
Sturdy, perfect for what I wanted them for. I used these to cut up plastic covered wire hangers to make cheap blocking wires for hand knit items. I know, a strangely specific use for the cutters. However, they have a nice heft to them, and were easy enough to use without overly straining myself. The handles are comfortable to hold, though I never use them for more than a few minutes at a time to snip through a couple wires. The cuts are very clean and didn't need much smoothing, which is also a perk.

Very sharp, easy to use, and a decent price point make these a nice purchase to have around if you're cutting any heavy duty wires. Would be useful for multi media crafts people as well!
on April 9, 2016
Excellent tool. I like my cutting pliers with an angled head so that I can use them to pull out cotter pins and nails. I also use them to cut off cotter pins and nails as well as general wire snipping. The tool seems well constructed and so far hasn't let me down. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase more if needed.
on August 29, 2013
Again, some people felt that Irwin made bad tools, but I am a tool junky, and i am very critical of poorly made tools. These have the same great hard rubber type of handles on them. Notice how they flare up at the ends, Your hand will stay on the handle, and not slip to the point of losing an effective gripping position. probably more so, is that you will grip these in the same spot each time. Never underestimate the power of contrasting color, and shape for helping you make the right choices in gripping your tool without giving it any thought.
on June 27, 2016
Features durable nickel chromium steel construction.
The ProTouch grips provide extra comfort and reduce hand fatigue.
Induction hardened cutting edge stays sharper, longer. Meets or exceeds ANSI specifications.

This review receives no payment or other compensation for advertising.
This review receives no payment or other compensation for reviews of products or services.
Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of a product being reviewed.
Acceptance of a free sample does not guarantee a review. I follow a "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" rule of thumb. If I like a product, I'll review it. If not, I'm not going to embarrass a supplier.
on December 8, 2015
I bought these diagonal pliers specifically to use for doing electrical work. They do a pretty good job of cutting through 12g. romex, all the wires not just individually though it takes a little bit of arm strength to do so. They cut through individual 12g solid copper wires with ease. The cutting edge isn't perfect, but works plenty good for the purposes I use them for, I supposed with a file you could easily put a much better edge on rather quickly. I liked them enough that this is in fact a second pair of them to keep permanently in my electrical toolbox and keep the other pair in my regular box. I own a bunch of the irwin vise grip line of pliers and have had no issues with the handles coming off and in fact I find them a nice addition for comfort, looks and ease of finding in a pile of stuff. I took one star off just for the minor edge quality and alignment, but to be honest for the price I am not sure they shouldn't be 5 stars!
on January 9, 2016
I bought these mainly because of the brand and the price. I've used them for about a week now with no issues. They work well and are easy for me to grip and use with one hand in most cases. I work in electronic recycling and have to cut various types of cords, cables and wires throughout the day.
on March 11, 2016
Really nice and work well for the little electric I do around the house.... I have had off brand pliers and they are junk compared to these fine tools. I wish they made them here in the USA...........