Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 22, 2014
This is written by my brother in law's cousin-I didn't know that when I bought it. This was an excellent book on a very terrible cancer. I bought it hoping to be able to better talk to my sister who is going through this. I really enjoyed Carol's personality and her positive energy flowing throughout the book. I pray for all sisters going through this and wish them all well.
on October 14, 2010
I was surprised at how much I laughed when I read this book. Cancer is a topic that, if discussed at all, is usually done so with a "hush-hush," somber attitude. Kleinrock's down-to-earth, in-your-face, matter-of-fact approach to her journey with cancer allows the reader to learn that a patient HAS the disease but doesn't BECOME the disease. There is still a person inside the patient, a person with friends, family and-- as Kleinrock shows-- a great support system. As a nursing student who plans on going into oncology, I particularly enjoyed the "do's and dont's" of dealing with a cancer patient. Her writing brings a human voice to a very clinical subject and her journey from diagnosis to remission should be shared with anyone dealing with cancer.
on October 12, 2010
As a breast cancer survivor (although I prefer the word 'thriver'!) myself, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Carol Chatellier Kleinrock is articulate, informative, uplifting and encouraging, all while maintaining her sense of humor. I would recommend this book to all recently diagnosed, current patients and fellow survivors/thrivers. Family members and friends of patients would also benefit from the author's take on what to say/not say to anyone fighting this battle. In my opinion, purchasers of this book will not be disappointed!
on November 5, 2010
A very candid writing on a subject that is difficult to be candid about while also adding a twist of humor. I have been in healthcare long enough to know that those who survive and/or thrive during a bout with a difficult disease are those who do it with humor and honesty. If you know someone who is surviving breast cancer (or has) you need to read this book! Ever feel like you don't know what to do/say? Here is a view into the cancer survivors mind about do's and don'ts (as in it is okay to laugh and joke, but not okay to suggest the survivor's dog might be being neglected!). Also a great book to assist those going through the process of fighting breast cancer in doing so while not going crazy. Since many of us fit one of those categories - you need to read this book!