Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2012 10:34:13 AM PDT
M. Tanner says:
Hi everyone I hope I can get some insight on the new WOW ex-pac MOP. I stoped playing a year into Cata because I didnt like it. The dun's where to hard raiding felt impossable and after awhile i was just fed up with the game. (after playing since 2005) It really felt like Cata was just world of warcraft 2.0. Yet after reading reviews about MOP i can see that it is diffrent but they're so many mixed feelings. I don't know if i should spend the 40 bucks to get it and play it for myself or just wait 2 years for the next expac.
(yes i do think panda bears is kinda silly) but minus that I'm not so sure what to think. Some real hard hitting options could help me change my mind and i'd really apresheate it.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:01:27 AM PDT
Brad Smith says:
Personally, I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The storyline's good, the questing's good, and everything looks really nice. I mean, *really* nice. I wasn't exactly enamored of the pandas, either, but they're actually surprisingly cool.

Heroics aren't terribly hard; they took a swing back from Cata's "CC everything" approach. If you want a hard 5-man experience, you can do a Challenge Mode dungeon, and compare your time to other people's, and you can get gear specifically for transmogrification from that. You can also just about walk into Scenarios, which are basically instanced group quests that don't require Trinity roles.

This expansion also shipped with Raid Finder, so you can walk into that and get a taste of the raids; these are simplified with reduced mechanics, to allow people randomly grouped to complete them. As of this writing, only one half of one raid is in Raid Finder, but they'll add in the rest by the end of the month. Regular raids (i.e. ones you want to have pre-made and have VOIP communication for) are of course available, too.

Possible downsides:

At level 90, you're heavily encouraged to do daily quests. I personally enjoy dailies, but most reputation comes from those dailies. None of them are strictly mandatory, but if you want a lot of crafting recipes or to spend valor points on gear, you kinda need to do dailies to get that rep. The farming dailies are pretty much mandatory if you want to cook anything.

Crafting is somewhat limited by the primary all-around crafting material, Spirit of Harmony, being BoP. So, you can have Spirits on one toon but not be able to send them to another, like you could with the previous expansions elemental crafting bits. There's been a lot of complaints about that, and I expect that limitation to be lifted sometime soon.

They're trying to do faster and lighter content patches. 5.1, which introduces new quests and scenarios, advances the story, and has a new feature, the "Brawling Guild" (fights with monsters in cities that others can watch), is already on the PTR.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 1:20:47 PM PDT
In a word, yes. MoP is most certainly worth buying. The zones look amazing. The new talent system does away with cookie cutter builds. The new instances are fun and challenging at times. Speaking of challenging, the new challenge modes add a new dimension to the game that wasn't there before. Raid Finder helps you get to see all the content and get a feel for it. The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 10:53:40 AM PDT
Nick says:
To address your point about heroics -- they're MUCH easier now. They're basically level 90 dungeons, nothing overly difficult. There are only a couple bosses in all heroics combined that tend to give people trouble.

Most of the 1 star reviews complain about the dailies / rep grinds. In short, they're mad because you have to leave stormwind and actually DO something to get your epics. If you don't want to do dailies, no epics for you. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

I liked the zone design a lot more than any of the Cata zones, but that's a matter of personal opinion.

Check out my review for more thoughts on stuff.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 1:31:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012 1:56:50 PM PDT
M. Tanner says:
Thank's everyone i desided to take a risk and buy the digtal verson of MOP from Blizzard and I actully don't mind it. I already have a lvl 12 Panda (i can't spell there name right) shammy and a lvl 12 Monk. I started to lvl up my old 85 Dk and i gotta say the new zones are pretty and oddly i like pet battles.

Saddly i'm sure i'm not gonna be as hard core as i was with gear in the past. Not because i don't mind rep grinding i actully really like too in LK i got the Exalted for my Dk. it was peaceful and relaxing to just randomly go out and kill mobs for reps or do dailies after work because they were all the same. What my problem is no is I work 40 hours a week and don't have as much time to sit infront of my computer and kill X amount of creatures for 10 rep or do dailies everyday. (some times i come home sit down and i don't move) i am hoping maybe they'll have epic pvp gear again since that would be easyer for me to get just for the gear lvl amounts, but i'll see what happens. I do think i'll enjoy playing this x-pac when i have the time. I'm just sad they got rid of the rep tablards..i loved them things, but oh well i'm sure i'll have fun anyways :)

Ty all for your imput!!

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 10:07:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 10:08:27 AM PDT
L0rd D3rpus says:
@ original question: No. Ok ok, maybe if you like kung fu panda. Maybe.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:46:26 PM PDT
^^^^^^ Sigh.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 10:10:13 AM PST
MoP is not worth it. The sub isn't even worth it. When I think about how much money I have given to Blizzard over the past eight years I feel sick.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - PC/Mac
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - PC/Mac by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars (701)