Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Saturday Night Wrist forum

Is it good and heavy?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2006 10:41:28 PM PDT
D. Miller says:
I'm really out of touch with this band, but I'm always interested with what they're doing. I just want to know how heavy or raw this album is. Because that will ultimately define if I spend money on it. I'm done with pirating.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2006 10:57:48 PM PDT
K. Dawson says:
Ummm hard and heavy? I'd say 50/50 quite a few songs are pretty soft and melodic, just absolutly breath taking, and the others...comm'on! It's the Deftones of course it's hard and heavy! My favorite so far is Kimdracula...and Beware the end gets me everytime, this song to me is easy going thru out most of it, but the end just kicks it hard! Can't help but headbang! Just buy it...it's worth it! If you don't you'll just spend your money on something lame.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2006 7:21:43 PM PDT
agreed. i'd say this album has something for everyone...even non-deftones fans! the whole album is being streamed till the album comes out. check it out: myspace.com/deftones

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2006 9:34:55 PM PDT
K. Goad says:
I'd say it's not as heavy as their older stuff, this album actually reminds me of Team Sleep, Chino's side-project.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2006 6:00:56 PM PST
D. Miller says:
I haven't bought an album that I couldn't listen to all the way through and 100 times again in 2 years.

I always have faith for deftones.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2006 10:37:27 PM PST
Jarred Bove says:
I am huge Deftones fan. I love all of their previous work. But to be honest it's not what i would consider very heavy and falls off a little for me. I miss the old sound....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2006 3:32:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2006 3:33:21 PM PST
B. Janes says:
Hmmm Adreniline meets White Pony, its sort of a mix between the 2, it's alot more melodic than the s/t lp, but still has balls, it's worth the purchase...

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2007 9:58:16 PM PDT
Michael says:
I think all of the best elements of the previous albums are here on this album: all the cool melodies and the heaviness that just hits you at the right moment.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2006
Latest post:  May 15, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Saturday Night Wrist
Saturday Night Wrist by Deftones (Audio CD - 2006)
4.4 out of 5 stars (163)