asked by Christopher C. on May 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Yes my daughter (who'll be 3 in July) and I both enjoy using it
Shanta answered on May 1, 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I can not say for sure. I assume the question is regarding parental features. As you can not run any sort of "net nanny" app I am not sure what controls are in place to prevent children seeing things they should not see. I will look into this later and post my findings if I don't get sidetracked.

As for multiple adult users, it is great. You can log into multiple gmail accounts to one machine and everyone has their "cloud" profile loaded. This means anyone using chrome else where while logged in, will have access to their bookmarks and browsing history.
Amazon Customer answered on May 1, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is wonderful for my 10/y/o son. He was able to do his science project on it, play his Dr. Who and math games, and uses it for assigned school homework, emails his grandparents and can watch movies from Amazon. We all have a sign in user account so we can all keep our pages separate. The web app store on the google chrome has parental controls you can use if you like. I love it because it is very light, has super long battery life. I will be using it in fall everyday for nursing class. I also use it in kitchen often for recipe look up--as it is smaller than my laptop and much lighter!
Melmomof2 answered on May 1, 2013

A
Yes in that it will accommodate several users and their own priorities
Stantiva answered on May 1, 2013

A
That's a pretty general question and open to much interpretation. What I can say is that the Chromebook is very easy to use. It allows for very simple creation of multiple accounts and it is easy and quick to switch between them. I use mine for my personal and work email which are both gmail and I find it is very good at handling both. I've never used any parental controls within chrome or any Google features so I can't really speak to that.
Jim answered on May 1, 2013

A
yes
Amazon Customer answered on May 1, 2013

A
It is, as long as they have their own gmail account which is their login. Otherwise they can login as guest but no settings are saved. There is no software, it is all apps that are stored on Google. Also using printer is a pain, maybe if its a Bluetooth might work without using Google cloud.
rob80 answered on May 1, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product