Customer Discussions > MDNA forum

Is it true?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2012 3:26:19 PM PST
gone says:
I hear one of Madonna's songs on the album is called "F***d Up, is that true? I find it hard to believe she would do that. And Nicki Minaj is featured too. Does anyone know if this will be an a hip-hop or urban influenced mainstream album? I hope it's more adult Euro Electro Pop or techno. I do like her Bedtime Stories R&B influenced though. Her vocals on Hard Candy were not to my liking. Anybody know what the new album will be like?

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 3:55:39 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Well, the producers are Martin Solveig and William Orbit. Neither of those have a background in hip-hop/R&B, so that to me is a good sign. Still, some of the song titles sound rather hip-hoppish (see the tracklist thread). The fact that Orbit is involved gives me high hopes for this album. He also produced Ray of Light, which is (in my opinion) her greatest album.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 4:00:35 PM PST
gone says:
I love William Orbit! I saw the making of Ray of Light and he's the bomb! Very pychadellic out of this world styles definitely not teenage fluff like other bubble gum mainstream out there! Miami is SO hip-hop infused (where I live) I'd rather hear something fresh new & yes freak'n strange like Gaga's Americano or Shiebe. I like weird not mainstream. What do you want the sound to be? Thanx for response.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 4:04:02 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Well, I've heard two whole tracks and snippets of two other songs from MDNA. It's sounding like it'll be a very diverse sound. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "B-day Song" are pretty similar...bubble gum catchiness. "Turn Up The Radio" will be a showstopper...pure ecstatic dance goodness. It would've sounded at home on Confessions on a Dance Floor. Finally, "Masterpiece" is a love ballad, Orbit produced. It's a tender song that reminds me of Madonna's early 90's sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 9:45:56 PM PST
gone says:
From your post I'm really excited to get the album. But I will get Japan Deluxe for the added tracks. My 2 fav albums are Confessions On A Dancefloor and Ray of Light so that is good to hear. I really would love to hear the 90s Madonna too. Erotica Album is top fav! The ballads for sure make Madonna stand out. I like her dance stuff but Im not into romantic songs. Thats prob because i am not into serious love. I like party, dance & fun tracks sort of like Gagas Fame album. Not to sound mean but I just dont like the past married Madonna. I want the single 90s Madonna in today era. Thanks for the musical explanations. Where can I hear the snippets? Im a bit lazy to go to youtube but I will investigate a little. I agree with you on ur comments regarding the producers used for this. I read ur post on other forum too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 9:51:25 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 3, 2012 10:24:28 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 12:08:21 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSaoOd733oI

This is a short megamix with three songs from MDNA: "Girls Gone Wild", "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Turn Up The Radio"! Provided it doesn't get taken down, give it a listen. It apparently aired on iHeartRadio. Amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 12:51:41 PM PST
gone says:
OMG, thank you I will listen to them now and tell you what I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 1:03:07 PM PST
gone says:
I am hearing it now. The first one is such a great dance party type club style! The second one.... it sounds familiar.. Her voice sounds so different here... I like the fast paced high energetic beat; "Turn Up The Radio" has a great hook I know I will work-out to this for sure! I love it! Thanks for that link. I hope e*ay has DJ Remix videos for these. And OMG the performance from iHeart Radio.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 7:34:52 PM PST
robbohica says:
I've heard the chorus of the first song, "Girls Gone Wild" -- it will be big in the clubs and is probably the best dance song I've heard from her in years. You can click on the Megamix of three singles from the album on madonnalicious.com.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 12:01:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 12:03:14 PM PST
gone says:
Thank you I am very hyped for Madonna's new album! I just logged off the website of official Japan Madonna releases and found out more new things are coming. Madonna plans to release n Europe a box with 11 Madonna albums (in clamshell pack) recorded between 1983 and 2008 on March 9th, 2012. And the albums as card sleeves will be housed in a clamshell box. I did a copy and paste. I'm a GIRL GONE WILD just anticipating all this!Your mentioning of "Girls Gone Wild" being big in the clubs has me flying over the roof! Thanx for the information.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 12:10:22 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
"Girls Gone Wild" definitely sounds like a club thumper! They should definitely consider releasing it as a single in place of "Turn Up The Radio"...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 12:17:19 PM PST
gone says:
Do you know what's tracks are going to be on the single?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 12:19:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 12:22:17 PM PST
gone says:
I will listen to both again and tell you which one I like better. I'm still not sure which one I like most for the first single. The album cover I've seen is for Give Me All Your Luvin. I saw it on madonnadiscography. Did she release that one already? They have some amazing promos there.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 12:27:44 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
No physical singles have been released yet. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is only available as a digital single for now. On February 7th, the song officially releases to mainstream radio (though radio stations are playing the snot out of it now, so not sure what the significance of this date is, lol). I would imagine that the maxi-single with a bunch of remixes will release within the next couple of weeks.

Right now, the second single is still rumored to be "Turn Up The Radio", and it'll either release right before MDNA or a month or two after, depending on "Luvin'"'s success. I wouldn't be surprised if "Girls Gone Wild" also gets a single release eventually though. Madonna's typically showcased a song or two to gauge interest before the album release. I remember when Erotica was about to release, radio stations were given the OK to also play "Rain" and "Deeper and Deeper", both of which later became singles. "Take A Bow", "Ray of Light", "What It Feels Like For A Girl", "Hollywood", "Sorry" and "Miles Away" also got similar attention in their day.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 1:11:27 PM PST
gone says:
You really know your stuff! It's fun talking with you. I have to say that I liked the Erotica era better for some reason. And the interviews from that era are amazing! I may watch tonight some of those and the Girlie Show soon. The Super Bowl is today :) Don't you love the Deeper and Deeper video and style? THAT'S the kind of vibe I go for.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 4:12:45 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Erotica is awesome! It's my second-favorite Madonna album (Ray of Light being the first!). And yeah, the Deeper and Deeper video had an amazing style. That entire era was great, actually. I've also been meaning to put in the Girlie Show lately. Just have to dig it out of wherever I've stored it, lol. It's been a while!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 10:08:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 10:37:41 PM PST
gone says:
Erotica is my top favorite [I never get tired of it]. Tonight I am watching the Girlie Show in Japan. Will you watch it too? Do you have Australia or Japan? I like both but the Japan one is more interesting to me. I like her outfits better in Japan too. I love Madonna with short hair. Remember the Dick Tracy Era? The BAT is my favorite Tour of all! I recently got BAT in Canada but I can't view it in my player only in my computer. I have a very old player. And from that era the Truth or Dare documentary and interviews are SO SO amazing! Not sure what I'll watch tonight! Let me know if you found Girlie Show! The Deeper And Deeper performance in the Girlie Show is fun! I like the wildness and the costumes the men wear--very sexy!

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 6:28:36 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Didn't get a chance to watch Girlie Show...but I saw the Super Bowl halftime show! It was incredible...even despite the lip syncing. That entrance was just majestic!

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:14:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 10:15:48 PM PST
gone says:
Hi, I was able to get the Super Bowl event + new appearances on DVD so I am very happy. The Super Bowl was intense in that last minute. I thought for sure that New England would win. That was a good game! Madonna looked great! Have you noticed she doesn't change her look that much like she used to? I'm waiting for a pink or purple hair color or cut. I didn't notice the lip synching. I rarely look at that. I am more into the dance since I used to be a dancer.

I saw the Girlie Show last night too and BAT in France. I sleep very little I am filled with TONS of energy it is truly sick! I'm in the mood for Truth or Dare tonight but not sure yet. Have you watched anything lately! I watched Glastonbury [Lady Gaga] as I walked on my incline treadmille too! And I did a review on it.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 5:42:48 PM PST
CraigPW1984 says:
Agree to those who say Erotica is her best album. It's my favorite with Bedtime Stories right behind it. I liked the dance/new jack swing/r&b approach with those albums. I listen to them the most. As for "Give Me All Your Lovin", it's a good track and has grown on me. However, I can't stand when musicians or artists say their own names in songs (like Jason Derulo). I got passed it though, kind of gives it an 80's Vibe like the cheerleading style of "Mickey" or the more modern "Hollerback Girl". I definitely could do without Nicki Minaj though. Just a way for her to target a younger audience just like Mariah Carey has been doing the past decade or so.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 9:59:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2012 10:01:12 AM PST
gone says:
Well, I got a chance to see the Super Bowl performance in high definition and big screen and Madonna DID sing. I did not see her lip-synch once. Where did you see it? I bought the taping and it's her vocals. OMG, I enjoyed it so much more in my surround system and in detailing everything! It was spectacular! That Vogue entrance was incredible! It reminds me of her Reinvention Tour Era! I love LOVE this show. I will cherish this DVD for life!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 10:21:49 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Oh she was definitely lip syncing, but only on some parts. The rap in "Vogue" was lip synced, but the singing was live. On "Music", the chorus was lip synced but the verses were sung live. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" was lip synced entirely. You could easily tell because the vocals sounded 100% identical to the recording...with the reverb effects and all, and the voice didn't waver when she danced around. "Like a Prayer" was 100% sung live though, and it sounded amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 10:46:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2012 10:47:33 AM PST
gone says:
The Like A Prayer was done flawlessly and I love it. The other song "Music" had the background vocals from the chorus as you say, but most music artists do that including Lady Gaga. I didn't like Give Me All Your Lovin that much for some reason. I will see again to see your point!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 11:44:55 AM PST
gone says:
I'm having such a hard time containing my anger. Did you hear Bill O'Reilly's comments on Madonna's Super Bowl? I swear I am loosing it! He is always bashing Madonna and I AM SICK OF IT! On his website he states he finds Madonna's performance boring. Who the hell does he think he is with his UNFAIR and UNBALANCED news. Plus he bashes Lady Gaga too!! It's infuriating! You like her performance doesn't this get to you?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  MDNA forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
MDNA
MDNA by Madonna (Audio CD - 2012)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (431)