Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 25, 2008 9:59:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2008 10:08:13 AM PDT
Tony M says:
I own a copy of The Matrix and The Animatrix on DVD. I really liked The Matrix, and thought The Animatrix was alright. I think I saw The Matrix 2 and thought it was alright, and didn't see Matrix 3 'cause I heard that it wasn't that great.

Do you know if they're gonna release the first Matrix on Blu-ray, 'cause that would be awesome to see in HD!

Edit: I just saw that it's a 7-disc set, which comes to $12.99 per disc. That doesn't seem that bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 2:54:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2008 2:55:32 PM PDT
mcgumps says:
It may have 7 discs, but do you want 6 of them?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 5:05:14 PM PDT
Same here. I love the first one. Seconds okay and third i really don't like. And I doubt I'd ever watch even half the extra material. Never seen the Animatrix. Me, I'm wondering if the set is worth $70 or if I should wait and see if a single comes out for the Matrix.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2008 8:28:24 AM PDT
Not for me. Perhaps if just the movies came out for $39 ($13/disc) then I'd get it, but I'm not interested in the four other discs and won't pay $51 more just because they're there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2008 10:42:15 AM PDT
_SPIDEY_ says:
That is like not watching Return of the Jedi, cause it sucked cause of the ewoks! Ya, the third Matrix wasn't that great, but it wasn't that bad either. They are a trilogy, and the 3rd movie is needed for the ending.

Anyway, this is a great deal for this package. 90$ for all this? Cheap if you ask me! And ya, I would watch every disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2008 2:11:59 AM PDT
AMP says:
Here's my rationale:

-Buying the whole saga for the first time; definately get the Blu-Rays.
-Buying the whole saga when you only have one or two of the films; definately get them all in this set! Even if you don't like the sequels or the "Animatrix", they're all fun, and it's all one big storyline that fits together well.
-Upgrading all films from standard DVDs to Blu-Rays; would probably be worthwhile, for you would get better quality and a shedload of special features. I've had my standard-definition discs for a few years now, and they've been viewed quite a few times. But if you've bought them new recently, then upgrading to Blu-Ray may seem like an immediate waste of money.
-Upgrading from the HD-DVD to Blu-Ray may not be wise at this point, for the quality will only slightly increase and the special features will probably be similar (if not the exact same). But support for HD-DVD will probably wane dramatically, and in the future, you may not be able to find players for it. On the other hand, the HD-DVD set may become a collectable item. So the choice is yours on this transition.

Ultimately, buying this set will depend on your personal circumstances; whether or not you like the movies, which editions you have already, how old are they, how many times have you (or your friends) seen them, do you really care about high-definiton quality, etc...

Also keep in mind that Blu-Ray discs are more durable than regular DVDs, and should last longer. I'm thinking that support for them will also grow in the future, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 7:25:46 AM PDT
Hectic says:
My rationale on this is to wait a while after the set has come out, then look for it here on the marketplace or somewhere else and get it cheaper. (I can't see myself paying more than $65 for this set.) All I really care about having is the movies, not the Animatrix or the loads of extras. (The Animatrix was alright, but still don't care anything about having it)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 9:10:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 6, 2008 9:11:54 AM PDT
It's available on the warners brothers website and you can get it cheaper than amazon by using coupon codes, "JYBM8" - brings it down to $75 or "ANWBTS" - brings it down to $70, but you have to select two items in total and it will give the same discount rate for both items. I also pre-ordered Smallville Season 7 on blu-ray with the Ultimate Matrix, and Smallville Season 7 came out to $41.96 with the discount (amazon's price is 55.95).

This set is worth it to me since I only bought the original single DVD releases, and since I never bought the sets when they came out on regular DVD, I haven't seen the extras. I saw the HD transfer on HD-DVD and it looked amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2008 11:46:43 AM PDT
AMP says:
Sweet...the price just dropped a dollar...thank goodness for the preorder price gaurentee...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2008 10:03:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2008 10:03:39 AM PDT
Bone says:
The Blade Runner set is five discs for $25. Whereas the Martix set is really three movies and some short animations, plus three discs of filler that only the mega-fans will probably watch. Band of brothers, a six disc set, is up for $63, even that feels a bit steep for 10 episodes.

I feel this set is not going to sell that well at this price. It's long since made massive profits and was already mastered for HD-DVD. It wouldn't have cost them a huge fortune to roll this on blu-ray. Despite being a fan of the matrix, I'm not touching this until it's closer to $50. Shame really.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 3:41:19 PM PDT
L. Cheng says:
it is 2011 and this set is being sold for $45 at amazon.

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 10:57:10 PM PDT
R. Mehta says:
Hi,
In the review by M. E. Amaral "mrgothyk"(he gave it 1 star),he has mentioned that some of the scenes are missing from the Matrix.
Is this the case with all the three movies?
I dnt want to miss a single scene of these movies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Ultimate Matrix Collection [Blu-ray]
The Ultimate Matrix Collection [Blu-ray] by Keanu Reeves (Blu-ray - 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,064)