Customer Discussions > One of the Boys forum

Is this CD Edited?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2008 4:25:31 PM PDT
I was just wondering if this cd comes in a unedited version. I hate when they edit stuff and dont even say. I dont mind edited stuff as long as it is not totaly obvious, but this is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2008 12:37:34 AM PDT
I just noticed the same thing and went on here to check. Looks like they edited her CD to keep off the Parental Guidance label. Sucky.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2008 3:09:39 PM PDT
A. L. Rogers says:
Me three! I would not have minded so much if it had been a bit more obvious. But I guess there's no label stating "No Explicit Lyrics".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2008 9:40:26 PM PDT
badboykitty says:
Well, you can buy the unedited "explicit" version from Amazon mp3's for 99 cents, or a multi-version LP record is also available from Amazon.com. You can thank our lovely Tipper (Al's wife) Gore for censoring our freedom of expression! She spear-headed the PMRC (Parents Music Resource Center) in the mid-80's after her daughter was listening to "dirty" Prince lyrics for "Darling Nikki". It was funny to see Madonna and others who had incurred her wrath earlier turn out in mass support of Al Gore and William Jefferson Clinton! She merely helped them sell MORE records, much like Ms. Perry's label is doing here.

Posted on Oct 15, 2009 9:35:51 AM PDT
Bounce says:
that is SUCH bs. I was so pissed when I first listened to "Ur So Gay" and they bleeped out "jacking". WTF?

Posted on Jan 27, 2011 5:48:21 AM PST
Pete Miles says:
So, did Amazon edit this? Does anyone have the CD and can verify that the disc in unedited?

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 7:15:47 PM PST
^ It's not unedited. And no, Amazon didn't do anything. That's the standard release, unfortunately.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  One of the Boys forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
One of the Boys
One of the Boys by Katy Perry (Audio CD - 2008)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (314)