Customer Discussions > The Goonies forum

Is this bluray remastered?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2011 12:44:14 AM PDT
I very much dislike when old movies are remastered. I personally love that dated look, esp. with 80's classics like this. I don't want the bulray if its been remastered. I'd just look at the product description, but lots of movies (esp. DVDs) say they are remastered, but don't look like it, so to someone who has the bluray and has watched it: is it remastered/cleaned up?

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 4:51:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2011 4:52:21 AM PDT
Ryan says:
The Goonies Blu-ray, Video Quality
3.5 of 5

Presented in an aspect ratio of 2.40:1, encoded with VC-1 and granted a 1080p transfer, Richard Donner's The Goonies arrives on Blu-ray courtesy of Warner Brothers.

This is a fairly good high-definition transfer, and one that appears to be practically identical to the high-definition transfer Warner Brothers used for their UK Blu-ray release of The Goonies. Generally speaking, fine object detail is mostly pleasing, clarity adequate, and contrast levels consistent throughout the entire film. The color-scheme does not disappoint either - with a few minor exceptions, blues, yellows, greens, browns, and blacks look natural. However, as it was the case with the UK transfer, this 'new' transfer also looks somewhat soft - there are many traces of sporadic mild to moderate filtering. Still, a good dose of healthy grain has been retained, but a lot of it is also mixed with noise. Additionally, edge-enhancement is not a serious issue of concern, but occasionally it is rather easy to spot. There are no serious stability issues either. Lastly, I did not see any annoying cuts, warps, large marks, or stains, to report in this review. (Note: This is a Region-Free Blu-ray disc. Therefore, you will be able to play it on your PS3 or SA regardless of your geographical location). "

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 7:41:34 AM PST
compsciguy says:
Then what would be the purpose of getting a blu ray? Just stick with the VHS or DVD.

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 3:47:38 PM PST
invader says:
Does this version have the giant octopus scene in it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Goonies forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Goonies (Clamshell) [VHS]
The Goonies (Clamshell) [VHS] by Sean Astin (VHS Tape - 1999)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (2,393)