Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Is this game like Oblivion?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2009 3:50:14 AM PST
Charlie says:
My wife loved Oblivion, but is unable to get into Demon's Soul. Is this the game I should have got her? Help! Anyone who loved Oblivion, do you like Dragons Age in the same way.
Thanks in advance for the advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2009 9:09:41 PM PST
LaZyJ says:
Just a simple answer...If she liked Oblivion, she will most likely enjoy Dragon Age.

Posted on Dec 2, 2009 3:08:43 AM PST
Powie says:
Well Dragons Age is much different than Oblivian, as you're controlling 4 characters for most of the game, where I always thought of Oblivian as an FPS/RPG. She could play on easy mode to help, but any game mode harder will probably require some micro-management of your party. Also setting up tactics is a must, each character has default tactics, and oddly one of those tactics not in the default sets is to use a health potion when health is low. But as your party levels, many of their new abilities won't be used unless you tell them too. Probably the biggest tip I can give one party member should be an alchemist, health potions are rare, but the components to make them aren't. You don't really need to advance the skill other than for one optional quest. I played the entire game on normal difficulty, and just made TONS of potions, as well as played a mage that can heal/resurrect and I kicked butt with my party getting wiped only a couple times. So if she doesn't mind a bit of micromanagement, and controlling 4 characters versus one, I think she'll love DA:O. I did, best RPG in years.

Posted on Dec 2, 2009 6:23:12 PM PST
Its not like it IMO. Its not an open world to explore like Oblivion for starters. You get 4 characters at a time as mentioned above which has a bit of depth to it. Its a great game but a very different experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 11:14:41 AM PST
MWSVette says:
If you are looking for a "Oblivion" type of game you may enjoy Fallout 3 or the the game before Obilivion called Morrowind elder scrolls.

Dragon Age Origins is more like KOTOR 1 and 2 or Mass Effect.

Posted on Dec 5, 2009 11:36:20 AM PST
Charlie says:
thanks for the input. i bought the game, and the wife likes it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Age: Origins - Playstation 3
Dragon Age: Origins - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (228)