Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Customer Discussions > Orphan Black: Season 1 forum

Is this the uncut version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2013 3:19:45 PM PDT
Anise says:
Okay, here's the question I have before I'm going to buy the entire series: is it the original, UNCUT version? Or is it the one that was on BBC America? Because that one had a disclaimer before each episode saying that it had been cut for "content." (More sex and violence would be my guess, but you never know! ;) Does anyone know the answer to this? I can't be the only one who's wondering about it.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 9:11:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2013 9:12:13 AM PDT
Jacob Harvey says:
Were you watching the premieres of each episode or all of them after air during marathons or what not? I don't recall ever seeing disclaimers during their initial run (my favorite was when they threw up a warning for explicit content with the second episode because the "previously on..." had nudity). But I think I saw disclaimers when they were re-aired in the middle of the day. I can't 100% confirm but I imagine these are the uncut episodes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 10:23:37 AM PDT
Anise says:
I definitely remember cut-for-content disclaimers during the marathons. >:[ So it has to make me wonder EXACTLY what I missed... ;) If the DVD is the uncut version-- and I agree that it would make sense, especially if the originals were aired at some point on BBCA-- then I'll buy it soon. :)

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 11:18:38 AM PST
The Orphan Black season three DVD that I purchased from Amazon.ca (Canada) in august of this year, 2015, I beleive was cut for school children...I would rate it PG 14 or lower....
nowhere near as visually sexual as season 1 and 2 that I purchased from Amazon.com (USA) even had words bleeped or altered.... not looking forward to season 4.

george Hewitt retired TV producer....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 2, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Orphan Black: Season 1
Orphan Black: Season 1 by Various (DVD - 2013)
4.7 out of 5 stars (16,707)