Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 17, 2015
My 4th grade daughter was required to read this book for her class... we did not enjoy this novel at all. She was in tears many times over all the killing and death... I don't recommend this book for 9 year old girls. It was really boring and no highs and lows... the "highs" were killing!
The end of the story, was not really an ending at all...
I would not, could not recommend this book to anyone for any reason.
0Comment4 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2015
I read this book several years ago and really did not like it. It lacked any basic plot and was filled with violence and killing. It really scared me at the time, the whole book seemed senseless and creepy. Not sure why this is considered a classic.
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2015
This book is not the real island of the blue dolphins.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2015
I do not like this book very much there is not very good wording and it does not hook the reader at all
0Comment0 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2014
Not something you want to jump at the chance to read. This book doesn't have a very good storyline. I've read much better books than this. The way the author, Scott O'Dell, tells the story isn't very thrilling or exciting. My point is, this book isn't the greatest.
0Comment2 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2015
I hate it so boring I want my money back the book phase no Davy at all even my mom hated it!
0Comment0 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2002
If you like brave, caring, strong characters you'll like this book.
Also if you care for animals you'll love the way Karana takes care of them in her own special way. This book has some great description. Scott'O Dell has a very unique way of writing. Sometimes it will feel like the story thins out, but then something or someone new comes along. It also might seem like the story keeps on repeating over and over, but then something new always happens. I think you'll love the ending because some new people are added to the story.
22 comments8 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
what a horrible book for kids. i tried to read it when i was a kid and couldn't get into it. i did it now as an adult and it was awful. it was just several depressing days in the life of a girl alone on an island. i didn't sense a plot or point to it at all. what a waste of time.
0Comment3 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2014
Very Very slow at the beginning takes forever to get to the point! Also it's a little bit to sad at parts. Overall a 1 star book.
0Comment4 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2005
This is one of the dullest books that I have ever read. I can't see how people could like this book. First of all the whole plot is a huge cliche and is written in a tedious format. Second, the main character does not act human. Third, the plot is slow and never advances anywhere. I would not recommend this to anybody.
0Comment6 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse