4.0 out of 5 stars Istoner Gloves: Great fit and feel
Published on November 25, 2010 by M. Sherwood

3.0 out of 5 stars No Silver Lining
It has the outside quality and snug fit that's expected from Isotoner.

However, I have issues with the lining.

When the gloves are removed the lining comes out part of the way. Then you need to tuck it back in the next time you put them on. I find this annoying.

Published on January 25, 2008 by Arboreal Marsupial

3.0 out of 5 stars No Silver Lining, January 25, 2008
It has the outside quality and snug fit that's expected from Isotoner.

However, I have issues with the lining.

Also had to trim off extra lining material at the tips of some fingers. It was distracting to have that "lump" at tip of your finger. Its fine now since it was trimmed.

My first pair of Isotoner gloves lasted over 15 years and did not have any of these issues. However, I still recommend them since these will hopefully last as long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Istoner Gloves: Great fit and feel, November 25, 2010
This review is from: Isotoner Men's Spandex Glove With Suede Palm Strips (Apparel)
I bought my first pair of these gloves while on business in NYC last year. The fit and feel of these were outstanding. I wanted a glove that was going to keep me warm, but was also going to offer some feel when wearing them. I I also wanted to avoid the typical black leather glove look. These have a sleek appearance. They almost look like tactical gloves. The last afternoon of my trip I got off of the subway and went to put on my gloves and found that I now had only a right glove. One was left back on the subway.

Flash forward a year. I am back in Vancouver and we had a snow fall. Being that Vancouver really does not get snow, or get cold, I had not replaced my gloves yet. Well today after trying to shovel the driveway without gloves I decided to head to the mall and pick a pair up. To my surprise I found this same style, and they were on sale for $12.00.

Pros: thin, sleek look, and warm.
Cons: I have smaller hands and the baby finger on these gloves is a touch too long for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be [nor as pictured], December 8, 2011
I've owned and liked these same gloves for years, but the seem to have been dumbed-down: not as tight and snug a fit, harder to take off, and despite the picture and product designation, which includes the words "with sued palm strips," there are no suede palm strips, nor any strips on the outer two fingers, only a small palm patch, making for a more slippery grip. I'm sure Isotoner's sharp-eyed bean counters figured out that with 2" less suede per glove the profit margin could be increased some minuscule percentage, especially if they kept marketing them as the old-style gloves. What amazes me is how Amazon collaborates in such shenanigans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but not good for driving, December 14, 2012
I have a wrapped leather steering wheel, and these gloves, while warm and comfortable, are not very good at gripping the wheel. I have an older, leather version of these that are safer to use while driving. Those get 5 stars, these get 3 stars. Don't use them for driving - if you get in an emergency situation, you could be in trouble...

2.0 out of 5 stars Glove not as good, December 10, 2011
Hi,
This glove is not like the old Istoner gloves. The lining pulls out every time I take the glove off. I will not recommend this glove because of the liner problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Isotoner Gloves - new and improved!, February 10, 2010
lazvt84 (Morgantow, WV) - See all my reviews
I have a 13-yr old pair and bought my son a recent pair. Wow. The fabric and leather design is the same except they've added a warm liner. Even with liner, it's great for winter driving. Can't wait for mine to go bust so I can buy a new pair. Best deal was at Amazon too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Isotoner, there is no substitute!, January 28, 2008
K. Snowden (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
My previous pair of Isotoners I wore faithfully through 5 winters. I was just bragging to my brother how amazing they are and how well they hold up when the following day I pulled them from my pocket and discovered I'd lost one of them.
Without thought, I wasted no time ordering a new pair from Amazon.
I've been a faithful Isotoner glove owner since my first pair back in 1990. And I can't imagine leaving the house on a cold Indiana day with out them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Agree with most other reviews, December 7, 2012
I have to agree with many other reviewers that the new gloves aren't as nice as the old ones. There is fewer of the cloth strips, and they are placed in such a way that it looks cheap. The gloves don't feel the same either, but they are still much more comfortable than leather (but not as warm).

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm, Quality gloves; Meagre grip, October 12, 2012
These gloves are great as my first pair of non-skiing gloves. I really enjoy the look and warmth they provide even at cold temps in SLC. I really enjoy their snug fit, the best I felt in my testing. My only issue is their grip. I feel slightly uncomfortable driving with them as they could slip with enough force in a spinout.

Good gloves though.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE these, March 24, 2013
I purchased these for my husband and he loves them they aren't to hot or bulky, he wears them to do his walking and driving. These gloves he will wear all the time but would never wear other gloves except when it was very cold out. They look nice and hold up well, we will be buying more of these.