Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Ed Sheeran Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now Tikes

on January 24, 2011
I love Isotoner Gloves. I have many pairs of them and they last forever. So when I saw these, I picked them up right away. Although they are still pretty snug, I love the original sizing much better (especially when it's 7 degrees out). It's funny, because I bought these gloves to keep warm while using my phone. Problem is, the index finger and thumb are not insulated, due to the special fibers they put at the end of the fingers. So those fingers end up extra chilly. Some other issues: since it's not a super snug fight, my two texting fingers (thumb and index finger) do not reach all the way to the tip, so they kind of bend over and don't work very well when texting. Also, there is NO rubber gripping on the entire index finger or thumb. Do you know how impossibly hard it is to grab at things like credit cards when you have no rubber gripping? HARD people. Also, after only a day the special fibers that are sewn into the fingers, has started to unravel. I think these gloves have a long way to go...
review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
I've long felt the same about Isotoner as I did, Nike. The product line is designed for the tiny and/or athletic amongst us, and thus the otherwise outstanding product line isn't geared towards "regular people." Nike has since added widths to their running shoes, allowing those of us shaped like Fred Flinstone to actually wear their shoes. I'm waiting for Isotoner to realize that not all ladies have hands like Jackie O and not all men have hands like Ichabod Crane. That said, by ordering up one size, we received gloves that fit better than the "right" size would have, although with Isotoner, the gloves tend to always be "snug."

The gloves are intended, I think, for "everyday" winter wear, but not "artic blast, Snowmagedeon." So, please note, these are not ski gloves, snowman building gloves, walk to school, uphill both ways, in the snow gloves. They are more akin to "winter driving gloves." Hands stay warm enough and dexterity isn't overly compromised with the gloves on.

The Smartouch areas on the thumbs and index finger work reasonably well - in fact I would say, better than expected. I wish that the index finger pads were more "centrally" located on the tip, because I think it would function that much better, but there is no question, the gloves work.

Texting in gloves is better left to someone far more coordinated that my wife or me, but both of us have used these gloves to send text messages and have had only limited issues that appear to be more related to the fact that we are wearing gloves in the first place than the actual function of the Smartouch technology.

Loss of a star due to the fact that the fit isn't great - and I want to be clear that while I recognize that different product lines will fit different shapes and sizes in different ways, I think upsizing a full size and still having a glove that is still more than a bit too snug is a design issue that is easily remedied. This is one reason why sizing can be petite, regular, or generous. The other explanation for loss of one star is that a 2-3 millimeter of the index pad would seem to have improved the function of the glove.

But all in all, the gloves do as advertised. They allow full use of touchscreen technology without the user having to remove the gloves. Hands stay warm. The styling is excellent (Isotoner excels in the styling arena).

Excuse the typos..... this review completed with Men's Isotoner Smartouch gloves.

(see....they really do work).
on January 27, 2011
Got these from my husband for Christmas and have been wearing and using them ever since. They are warm, comfortable, and work great on my Droid phone. They fit well, even on my small hands. Can't text with them on, but then I have trouble with my bare fingers! Frankly, I can't imagine trying to text out in the cold anyway - who just stands around texting in winter weather? But as far as answering a call or making one, getting my email, or any other action on my phone, these gloves work like a dream - so much better than taking off a glove constantly! I'm a realtor so I must have my phone along always and these work well for me. Plus, they have anti-slip areas on the palm side and fingers so driving with them is safe too. The Agloves don't appear to have this feature.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2011
Received these gloves recently and they work as advertised. I purchased these because they are a full glove, not like the texting gloves that you have to pull the fingertips of the gloves back to expose your fingers to the cold air to text or use a smartphone or other touchscreen device. With these, your fingers stay warm, which to me is the point of gloves in the first place. I recommend them to anyone looking for a decent glove that also needs/wants to use a touchscreen device.
on September 27, 2011
I love having these gloves in the winter because my hands are always cold and I hated taking off my gloves just so I could answer my droid when I'm out and about. The gloves fit well and they definitely keeps my hands warm while using my droid. The finger sensor on the gloves though can be a little tempermental when using it on a touch screen. I have notice that if you're not at the best angle or if the whole finger sensor isn't completely against the touch screen it doesn't always work. Also, I wouldn't say it's one size fits all. If you are a women, with large hands, I think these gloves wouldn't fit on you. I normally wear size small to medium gloves for work (I'm a nurse) and they fit snuggly on me so if your a large to extra large glove person, they probably won't work for you.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
i just got my gloves the other day, i bought them from a department store because i needed them ASAP. I work outside for 7hrs a day in all types of weather. these gloves are heaven sent... they are sooo soft on the inside they even kept my hands warm the whole time, not once i needed to remove them. the grip on the palm of the gloves kept my cell phone and other objects secure while holding them. i was able to use my phone screen with no problems. i definitely recommend these gloves!!!
on December 15, 2010
These are nice.. In stores they retail for about $40, though I bought mine on sale for 20.
Perfect for all of your touchscreen electronics.. the tip of the thumb and pointer finger is different fabric that allows your touchscreen to recognize your touch..which doesn't work with regular gloves.
warm, and soft inside.

Great gift idea :)
on December 23, 2010
The inside of these gloves are so warm and soft. The size is a bit snug if you have larger hands, but still fits well. The finger tips do not provide as much warmth as the rest of the glove because the fur lining stops at the fingers. A good glove nonetheless, and definitely well help keep your hands warm (especially while texting on your phone!).
on October 15, 2011
I bought these as a gift for my sister who lives in Alaska and has an IPhone. She loves them, said they fit and they work. Keep on texting and calling!
on January 2, 2012
I bought these as a Christmas gift for my wife who uses an iPhone and iPad often but whose hands are always cold in the winter. She used it for only a week -- just to have when taking walks outside, etc., nothing that would put them under stress like shoveling snow or lifting things. Even so, after only a week of use one of them is starting to come apart at the seam. I picked them based on the brand and reviews. But it seems like they are made very cheaply. On the plus side for the week until they ripped they did work well for using touch devices with gloves on. She said they were not particularly warm, but better than nothing.