4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book for practitioners
Published on October 2, 2010 by PSL 54C

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE BOOK!!!
Lots of figures and tables are missing from this Kindle version. Instead, it has place markers saying there are copyright issues. I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE KINDLE VERSION IF I HAD KNOW THAT!
Published on November 2, 2010 by ss8tzb

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE BOOK!!!, November 2, 2010
ss8tzb "Tom" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Apr 15, 2011 11:50:03 AM PDT
Hi, ss8tzb "Tom," - We have corrected and updated the Kindle file for this text to include the quoted/excerpted material that we are allowed to reproduce in a digital format. In the original file, all quoted/excerpted materials were inadvertently removed, as it was believed to be a `copyright' infringement if included. This new file includes everything we are able to reproduce digitally. We apologize for the issues you encountered, and appreciate your feedback.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the Kindle version!, September 1, 2011
This review is from: Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions (Paperback)
The publisher is commenting on everyone's negative reviews saying that the issues are resolved. They are LYING. I just bought this book a couple weeks ago and it still has the 'content not available' messages all over the place. DO NOT BUY THE KINDLE VERSION. There is a lot of crucial information missing from the text. Please save yourself grief and buy the actual book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Claims of Copyright Restrictions for unavailable text - Really???, September 14, 2011
NOT HAPPY! Second problem with the same publisher. Guess I didn't learn the first time. Won't buy another kindle version of a required text for school from this publisher!

The kindle version contains 19 entries of "Text or Image not available due to copyright restrictions". However, all but one of these entries is publicly available on the internet! The other I believe is an error by the publisher (pp. 18-19 of text version)

In order:

National Association of Social Workers (NASW) website
-purpose section (first 2 entries)

Publisher Error
-Commentary on example about client "Kevin"

-principles section
-4.05.b
-1.05.b

Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)- Code of Ethics Document
-A.2. RESPECTING DIVERSITY

-1.09.c
-4.01.b
-2.06.a

CACREP
Something from the standards document

-3.03
-3.08
-3.01.c
-6.04

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Book not complete, February 5, 2011
I wish that I had read the reviews prior to ordering this book. As has been stated, this book is missing lots of material due to copyright issues. I just returned it for the hard copy. Fortunately, I was within the 7 day period and it was no problem. Don't advise buying the Kindle version of this textbook

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Apr 15, 2011 11:51:23 AM PDT
Hello, Rhonda - We have corrected and updated the Kindle file for this text to include the quoted/excerpted material that we are allowed to reproduce in a digital format. In the original file all quoted/excerpted materials were inadvertently removed for believed `copyright' issues. We apologize for the issues you encountered, and appreciate your feedback.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book for practitioners, October 2, 2010
This review is from: Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions (Paperback)
I have enjoyed reading this book... It is a great reference book to have on your shelf if you are going to be a threapist or if you are going to practice in mental health directly with clients. I have found it to be relatively easy reading and to be very realistic to the problems presented to most modern therapists. I will be keeping this book to use during my internship and practice. I would advise any potential advanced dergree seeking person in this field to purchase it. There are many situations presented in the book that one may find themselves caught in with a client. This book gives a very clear and thought out way to deal with such issues. It is very well written...

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, July 12, 2010
KayM (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions (Paperback)
This book is to the point, easy to read and well thought out. I like the case studies and the authors breakdown of many possible options. The inventories in each chapter help the reader get an understanding of what the chapter will cover and where the reader stands as far as their current knowledge base or beliefs in relation to real world scenarios.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product does not include a Kindle version of the textbook., December 17, 2013
Wish I noticed this fine print: This product does not include a Kindle version of the textbook. Very disappointing and misleading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have!!!, March 15, 2012
Janice (CONOVER, NC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions (Paperback)
This book has excellent examples of issues and ethical problems that new counselors may face in the profession. The examples make the Code of Ethics a little easier to understand. A good book to keep as a reference.

3.0 out of 5 stars Images are still missing 1/26/2012, January 26, 2012
I just paid about $90 for the kindle version and although the previous comment states that the file was corrected, it is not true. It says "text or image not available due to copyright restrictions" throughout the book. I'm not happy... I really don't want a refund, I want the corrected kindle book!

2.0 out of 5 stars Please spell & grammar check your textbooks., July 19, 2011
This review is from: Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions (Paperback)
I would enjoy this textbook much, much, much more, if I did not have to try to figure out what is being alluded to in a plethora of typos, run-on words without spaces between them, wrong words, misspelled words in the white paper and highlighted sections of misquoted ethics codes. If this was not a paperback textbook that I had paid nearly $100.00 for I would not complain, but this is ridiculous.

Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions
Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions by Gerald Corey (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
$172.95 $149.60